Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Medicin for Everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: p21cGJ7.png]
Sonja was looking through the Glass at the Space Station at her Newest Project, the Ship was old but perfect for what she needed. The "AS-1300 Retrofit Transport" had enough Cargo Capacity for Loading Raw Materials and also have a Litle Medical Factory on Board to Produce Medicin while being Mobile enough to Respond to Emergencies. Sonja was on the Search for a Bigger ship to bring more Medicin to the People as she Stumbled upon the AS-1300 at a Used Ship Dealer. It Needed a lot of work but in the end, Sonja was able to Install a Modern Automated Medical Factory inside the Hull of the Old Ship. Sonja's plan was to Fill the Ships Tanks with Raw Chemicals and Ingredients and Produce the Medicin Locally where it was needed, as she had Often not the Right ones for Everyone on her Hold when she Delivers the Medicin.

[Image: 2732f9a16cd57862faa05d45a8ceac2a.jpg]
It was a lot of work to Rebuild the ship for what she needs it but after 3 Weeks of Hard work Sonja was Done with everything and the Ship could Start its Work. The Exhaust from the Medical Factory was lead directly into Space and Created a Yellow Smog Could that Flows away from the Exhaust Port at the Top of the Ship. But even when the Factory was not Needed the Ship had a bigger Cargo Capacity than her old Ship. Sonja was Smiling Bright as she and Niki sit in the Capitan Chair and Started the Ship for the first time since the Rebuilding. This will be something good my Litle Niki we will be able to help a lot of people. The Cat Mewos happy and Cuddles at Sonja as the Ship flys out in the Darkness of Space to Begin its Mission and Bring Help into the Darkness.
[Image: iDMVelT.png]
Sonja had Tested the Ship on a Long Flight from Omicron Theta to New York, her Plan was to Get the Final Pats she needed for the Medical Factory. The ship was doing fine for its age on the long Journey and Sonja and Niki Arrived in New York a Week Later. She Arrived in the New York system and sets a course for Baltimore Shipyard, Sonja had sent an Order for Parts to the DSE) Shipyard. Now she was almost at the Station and Called the Flight Controle. Baltimore Station this is the [MFE]-Healing.Wings I am here to get some Parts and Engineering help for my ship. Please tell me where I can Moore my Ship? After some Minutes she heard a Voice with a Californian Accent and got a Data Package Sent that shows where she could Moor. Greetings Miss Please Bring the Ship to Construction Section 3-A of the Left Shipyard, we awaited you, and a DSE) Representative will be with you Soon.

[Image: A-scared-cat.jpg]
Sonja smiled and Docked her ship at the Named Section in the Left Shipyard. after the Ship was connected Sonja and Niki Walked to the Docking Bridge and looked for the DSE) Representative. I am sure they can Finish the Ship here, I mean look at the Size of this Shipyard Niki. Meow. yes and all looks so new. Meow. Sonja Smiled and Chuckles as she Cuddles and Pets Niki while they wait for the DSE) Representative. As she Waits she Looked through a Window at the Buissy Shipyard outside and as she sees all the New and Shiney ships that were Constructed there she felt a bit Inadequate with her old Rusty Retrofit Transport. Niki Noticed the Feelings of her Human and Rubbs her head on Sonjas Cheek and Purred what makes her Smile and Feel better.
It was just before breakfast when Lu's datapad buzzed with an incoming call. The screen blinked with the name of the caller: "Becky Adams, Dispatch". "Better take this one" she thought as she walked to the office in her quarters at Chesterfield. Normally she wouldn't answer any calls until after breakfast but with a lot of crew enjoying the summer holiday DSE was operating on a skeleton crew and she was the senior representative assigned to Baltimore Shipyard. Apart from that, she knew Becky would not call her unless it was important.

"Good morning Becky, what can I do for you?" she asked in the most polite way before her coffee... "Good morning Lulatia, we have a client here at the shipyard. A lady named Sonja just docked her ship and wishes to talk to a representative". Lu quickly thought that it was a bit odd that she was called before her shift started yet managed not to get upset with trivial matters just yet. "Ah I see, well I know Jonathan is starting his shift in a few hours so what's the rush?". And Becky quickly replied: "Oh, Sonja is with Med Force Enterprises and as I know you handled a lot of the business with them I'd thought it be best if I call you straight away". Becky quickly added: "And you know Jonathan, he's not at hist best when you call him before his shift starts." and a small laugh can be heard over the comms.

A small smile appeared on Lu her face. Yes, she knew Jonathan wasn't peach perfect when he was called before the start of his day. Neither did she by the way but when it came down to award winning grumpyness Jonathan would win the Manhattan Academy every single time.

"Thanks for letting me know Becky, please show our guest to the lounge and make sure she and her crew have something to eat and drink. I'll board a shuttle now and should be at Balti in about 40 minutes.".

And just after Becky acknowledged the instructions Lu signed off and ordered the duty pilot to get the shuttle ready. "No day is ever the same" she thought as she left her quarters and headed for the shuttle bay...

[Image: thumbs_encho-enchev-3d-scifi-art-19.jpg]
Sonja and her Cat were guided by a Friendly Woman to the Waiting Area it was an Impressive Room that offered a View of the Shipyards and the People that worked there. it was Impressive and Sonja was Amazed by what she could see from her place. The woman that has Lead Sonja and Niki to the Room were nice and Smiled. Can I Bring you something? Sonja Smiled back and took some Cat Sweets out of her Labcoat for Niki. Yes, a Tea would be nice, something Calming if you have, and a Litle Bowle of Milk for my Cat if Possible. Sonja Smiled and Gave the Purring Niki some Sweets while she Followed the Hand with the can where the Sweets were with her eyes. Sonja was happy for her Little Companion, but she also made sure that Niki wasn't Spoiled too much, she knew that the Cat was getting Sweets left and right on the Nephilim that they called their home.

[Image: cat-drinking-milk-thinkstock-115894045-335sm090712.jpg]
After a while, the Friendly Woman came back with a Cup of Tea and a Cup of Milk. it was a bit more Milk than Sonja had in Mind for her but she allowed it this time. Thank you this is really nice of you. The woman smiled back and gave Niki a few pats before she left. Sonja chuckles and Smirs as she looks at her Cat and hears her Purring as she Drinks the Milk. You are really a Lucky Cat, the People love you everywhere no matter what you do you always find someone that Pets you. As an Answer she got only a Louder Purring and a Look that could be Translated as I know that I am Cute but It's not my fault that people can't keep their paws off me. After all those years Sonja knew her little Companion well and knew exactly what she would say and began to Chuckle. And so the Two of them Waited at the Lounge Sonja with a Tea and Niki with her Milk.
[Image: screen24.png]
As the shuttle departed from the tradelane Lu looked at her datapad and instantly knew they made it to the shipyard in record time. "This engine overhaul is amazing!" she thought as she looked at the station which became larger on their approach.

"Dang, it's still a pretty fine shipyard... I should visit more often... Ah well, time to meet our guest here..." she said as she gave the pilot a friendly pat on the schoulder and a nod. It made her happy that he chose a docking bay near the lounge for it would help her save even more time and, not all that unimportant, a long walk through the shipyard.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

That "long walk" was a short one as she was nearing the lounge just under two minutes of her passing the BioSecâ„¢ scanner. She hated those machines as they always gave her a headache and having had just a single coffee before meeting a possible client did not help alleviate that feeling at all.

She paused for a minute at the lounge door... "Let's get this show on the road and meet..." she glanced at her datapad... "Oh yes, Sonja. And with that she entered the lounge and noticed a young woman sitting on one of the couches as well as a movement of what seems to be a ... really?! Is that a cat? After that slight shock she quickly regained herself as she turned towards the visitor.

"Miss Sonja, I presume? My name is Lulatia Bellisario yet please call me 'Lu'. It is great to meet you and I understand you had quite the lengthy trip so please tell me, what makes you travel all this way and how can I be of service?" And with that the cat appeared and started doing that purring thing they so much love to do...

[Image: blueprint-4056027_1280.jpg?itok=YXo9TSK3]
Sonja smiled as she looked at her Litle Companion, Niki had a fine Sense for Humans and knew Exactly who was a good one and who not. The Purring showed that she Decided that Lulatia was a good Human. Yes, I am Sonja Wilke and the Litle one here is my Assistant Niki. She chuckles and Pets Niki between her ears what made the Litle one even More Purring. I am sorry that's Psychologist Humor, but Niki is really a Therapy Cat she knows how people feel and her Presence helps them. She Blushed and Searches in her bag for something, after a while she had found it and showed Lulatia a Folder with Blueprints of her Ship and some Notes that Sonja made. they were clearly from a non Engineer and she could see that someone with Engineering Knowledge had written on the Blueprints too with much more Precise Ideas. on the bottom of the blueprint was Written, "Not Possible to Build in a Zoner Shipyard, My Advice goes to a House Space Shipyard."

[Image: bnghy7_1599868808.jpg]
Sonja Smiled at Lulatia and hoped she had the necessary Things to make what the Zoners Couldn't do. What I want to Build is a Mobile Medical Factory, you see when we transport medicine we sometimes don't have exactly the Right Pills for the People of the Borderworlds with us. if we could Produce the Right Medicin in the Right Place then it would help much more than just to ship Tonns of Pills to the Borderworlds and hope to have the Right one in your Corgohold. She Smiled and showed her the Overhaul Blueprints so she could see what the Zoners had Already Done, while she does Niki used the Opportunity to Jump on Sonja's lap and get Comfy there. You see the Ship itself is fine but I need help with the Medical Factory, the best thing would be an Automated one that just uses the Raw Materials stored in the Cargo Bays. She smiled at Lulatia and Drinks from the tea while she waits what Lulatia thought of the Ideas Sonja had for the Transport.
[Image: cat.jpg]
As she and Sonja drank tea she listened to this young woman and her ideas for a medical factory onboard her, how to put this... 'aged vessel'. While she had her fair share of business meetings before this one felt a bit different. "It must be the cat." she thought as Niki once more brushed against her leg and purring as if there was no tomorrow. Still, there was something in Sonja's eyes that made her feel relaxed and at ease without the need for her 'regular' business sense and posture she would normally portray. And as she felt that her brain kicked in: "It must be the psychologist." and the swiftness of her own thinking brought an instant smile to her face...

"Sonja, I'm sure we at DSE can outfit your ship with medical factory yet allow me to be honest, as your ship is, in fact, quite aged I would suggest a complete overhaul."

She noticed Sonja did not seem all that much shocked so she quickly continued...

"You see, a factory onboard an aged vessel is certainly possible yet, given the age of the vessel combined with the old powercore as well as the modern materials needed to construct a medicinal factory does need a lot of adaptation. To adapt modern technology without an overhaul of the power systems is a lenghty and certainly a costly undertaking. And with costly I mean, very costly."

She paused for a moment to see Sonja's reaction but seeing Sonja (and Niki) were not visibly moved she added...

"To make a long story short, what you ask for can be achieved yet we at DSE only upgrade ships when we are certain of flightworthiness as well as safety for those onboard as well as others in space."

She already had her next sentence prepared yet thought it would be better to give Sonja her moment to think about this and reply...

[Image: shutterstock_731444602.png]
Sonja smiled as she saw how Niki Reacted with Lulatia, her Litle Companion always know who could need a Cheer up and was really useful in her work as a Psychologist. If you want you can Take Niki on your Lap and Cuddle with her, she is really Cuddle Hungry. Sonja giggles about the Behaviour of her cat. But she also couldn't stop noticing with her Professional View that Lulatia was a bit Stressed and that the Contact with a Cat like Niki could help her to get a bit more Relaxed. Sonja knew that the Healing Wings was old and some would even advise to Scrap her but she was the Perfect ship for Sonja. I know the Healing Wings is old and could need some Care, But I don't have much money to pay for it as MFE is Dependant on Donations for our work. So you see I don't have a High Budget for this." She blushes a bit and looks Embarrassed that she had to Admit the Fact that she hadn't much money, but what she had was Mostly Used for her Patients.

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io...0.jpg&q=85]
Sonja sighs as she knows that Lulatia was Right with the Fact that the [MFE]~Healing.Heart really needs some love if she should be ready for the upcoming tasks. Sonja took out a Papernote from her Pocket and Calculated a bit how much money she could make Free for the Overhaul. If I do some more Cargo Flights I could get 10 Million Credits till the end of this Month for the Overhaul. she smiled as she noticed that Niki had Continued to get Lulatias Attention and some Cuddles from her. Sonja herself just hoped that it was enough to pay for what was Necessary to make this project become a reality so that I could help the People of the Borderworlds. What would be needed to do when you do the Overhaul? The ship will be Mostly in the Borderworlds and have to Work in Rough Environments such as the Omega 41 System with its Neutron Star, or in systems with Asteroid Fields and Thick Nebulas. It would be good when the Storage area could be Protected against such Natural Dangers so that the Raw Materials can stay Safe. Sonja knew that all of these Special Needs would Probably make the Overhaul more Costly but when it was something that had to be done then she wanted that it was done the right way so she would have a few Problems as Possible when she would do her work. If she Couldnt pay it all at once then she would work hard till the Debt was Cleared.
Listening to Sonja talk about the limited funds available she felt a bit sorry as she remembered meeting with Med Force Enterprises on several occasions. Fine folks who are non-confrontational and always do their best to provide care and aid to those in need. "How come the nice people who do good things throughout the sector never seem to be short on finances?" And that question was answered instantly as she remembered her meeting with one of the MFE doctors. "Oh shoot, what was her name again?" she thought as the cat jumped of her lap to get some approval of her affection to Lulatia from Sonja...

Her trying to think of who at MFE she spoke to was interrupted by another memory of a former classmate she knew. One who started his own finance firm a coupple of years ago... And that memory quickly became a solid idea... "Yes, that may work out, I'm pretty sure Martin can help out with this one yet I should also ask for a favor from the DSE board of directors."

She took a sip from her tea as she pondered on what she could tell Sonja. While this could work out she needed to be openly clear about her ideas on this from the get-go... "Sonja, I know the great work Med Force does yet, while not having the DSE engineers have a look at the latest tech records of your vessel I can only say you are looking at anything from 100 to 300 million." and with that she noticed a slight hint of fear in Sonja's eyes so she quickly added... "Yet, I have an idea which may serve us both well so what I propose is this..." Lu moved her chair a little closer to Sonja and with that Nikki once again jumped on her lap as she continued...

"You see, as DSE I can give you a discount yet it will only shave off a mere 10 percent of the total cost of the construction and upgrade of your ship." she paused for a moment to let this sink in and she could see Sonja was running the numbers in her head so she quickly added... "Yet an old friend of mine runs a private finance firm, you may or may not have heard of Sirius Finance but I'll have a word with him and see whether he can help you out with this. Now I can't make any promises but knowing him it may be a good idea if you and him have a chat."

And as she finished her tea she added...

"Sonja, I will do my best for you yet I hope you understand that I also work for a corporation and one which makes expenses and needs to pay it's personnel. Yet having said that I will do my best for you and Med Force and I suggest you leave your vessel at the shipyard for a detailed inspection while you can borrow one of our transports in the meantime. The inspection should take no longer than 48 hours so all I can say is that you stay close to Liberty Space."

And with that and the empty tea-glass in her hand she looked at Sonja for her response...
Sonja Sighs and drinks the rest of her tea as she looks out of the window. she runs her hand through her hair what gave Lulatia the Opportunity to see the Scar on Sonjas Head. I understand, and you are right this much Money would be enough to Cover the Cost of the Women's Refuge that I Lead for more than 10 Years. Normally I don't Like to be Dependant on someone but in this case, I don't have an other Chance it seems. I will Contact your Friend and ask him for his help in this matter. She looked like this wasn't what she wanted to hear but she knew that it would be necessary if she wanted to bring the best help Possible to the people of the Borderworlds. I will take the Dromedary that I have Moored to the Healing Heart and go to Visit my Contact on Syracuse Station to talk about the next Medicine Shipments to the Borderworlds. She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes, who knew Sonja could see that she was still worried about how she could get that much money for the Project but if Lulatias friend could help her she would try it for the sake of the People of the Borderworlds.

Well as this sounds like I will stay here for some time I can also offer you and your Employees my Services as a Psychologist and Therapist, of course only if you allow it. She smiled and looks happy at her and Niki who had Cuddles herself into Lulatias Lap and Enjoyed the Attention that she got. Sonja was happy that at least one of them had a Nice Day and hadn't to worry about anything. To See her Litle Kitty like this made her relax a bit and she begins to think about what will happen with her ship. When you have to work so much on the ship then I have a Litle Request that is more for me, Could you Improve the Living Quarters on Board? I mean I am used to it but a Softer Bed could be nice. She Blushed again as she didn't want to Sound Greedy when she had already to Borrow so much Money for the Project that she wanted to do.
Pages: 1 2 3