Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Upon the Shrine: Harbinger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: unknown.png]

I do not know if you will hear me in this room. I don't know if you desire to hear. I don't know if any of this matters truly matters. Perhaps the affiliction is playing upon my perceptions. But I do know I must speak, whether to myself or not.

I... admit there was a bit of fault to be had with the one known as Vincent. I fear he may not stop. And I fear for the worst. I wish to amend the mistake of accidentally pushing him onto this path. My intention was never this - only to enlighten him to an open minded perspective, perhaps you saw that. Perhaps not. But that does not matter now.

I do not wish to attempt to intervene, not without your input. It is your heritage we mingled with arrogantly in inquisition. He's going to disturb them, and now the Order may come in. I know I am not yours, but I still had a part to play in this error. I wish to make it up to you, and I dearly apologise for riling him up. I shouldn't have allowed myself to get entertained into such matters so carelessly like so.

He tries to play both sides as he self confessed, but he will be forced to make a decision soon, the Order or otherwise. And I fear that I may have to put him down, should he continue to be ever so careless in allowing the Order so dangerously close to finding out these sites. Or am I to allow the Sentinels to enact their job? Perhaps he could unknowingly trick the Order with his own curiosity, but all of these bare unforeseen repurcussions.

What is it that you wish of this? Do I stop him from jumping in? Or shall I continue observing him? Or do you wish for me to distance from all of this? Do you wish to ... use him somehow? I do not wish to make a call that is not mine to make.

[Image: utkfApN.png]

For a while there hadn't been any response, just a barely audible hum coming from the 'station' depths. The place had a long but mostly forgotten history, its inhabitants eventually left. The Shrine was dormant for years. Almost nobody visits it and the Nomads by large has stopped making appearances as well. Although a certain incident sometime ago had shown not to treat it lightly or forcibly attempt to claim.

Raven knew not where Harbinger resides and venturing deeper into Omicrons posed immense risk due to her condition. The only known place where he was sighted before was this abandoned Shrine. This time however he was nowhere to be found and the place was empty, welcoming her in indifferent silence.

With no immediate tasks at hand she could take some time and stay for a little while. Walking across its empty halls the thoughts kept running.

It would appear to be a genuine mistake that Vincent did end up in Alberta in the first place. Granted people go missing in the storm covering Kepler but not in a way Vincent did. Remarkably he did come back, but it would seem luck had no play in it. Perhaps the disappearance was somehow connected to the piece of equipment he got from the Dyson sphere. For however long Technocracy kept studying Nomads technology it always had some otherworldly essence to it, like it was tapping into something else, tantalizing to be discovered but frustratingly remains elusive to this day. Surely some devices had since been replicated in their 'adapted' form, but it was never to the exact, at best they were a pale imitation, a crude emulation, passable in its function but always missing intricacy and peculiar nature of the originals. That crucial difference could have played a part here. Or perhaps it was just Vincent being a... unique individual? Laughable explanation at best but in absence of opposing facts this is as simple as it gets.

While the nature of this anomaly effect continues to puzzle it did allow Vincent to "fall through" into the core, more than once even. Perhaps anomaly itself was a malformed jump hole. Not the 'usual' kind but different somehow? May be a jump hole that collapsed upon itself and just like when stars collapse perhaps conditions led to a different outcome resulting in unstable rift. It felt like a wound in space, a passage that doesn't know where it ends so every time it's a different place. May be it has something to do with those places? Whatever the case and origin may be the others have tried but failed to pass through, few who dared to push harder were ripped into pieces. It would be safe to say that without Vincent one should not even try.

Whatever Vincent saw the first time it has changed him. There were no signs of any infection and she would have known otherwise. Most would heed the lesson and stay put, but the ordeal seemingly had the opposite effect on his psyche - it made Vincent obsessed with what he saw. Any remaining sense of self-preservation had evaporated that day. Vincent claims to have seen entity like Harbinger there along with a strange 'gate'-like structure.

For his own sake and those around him it would have been prudent to lock Vincent away to avoid dragging even more people into this madness. What's worse after being chased out by Sentinels and "sheltered" by BDM agent he was taken to Omicrons on a reckless "sight-seeing mission" and now Vincent is gone, whisked away. It would appear the consequences has finally caught up.

[Image: 1OrtX4y.png]