Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Auxo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission
[Image: ndKvA3D.png]
[Image: mbnPBij.png]

ID: Admiral Amy West
Recipient: Auxo
Subject: Junk Mail

Loading Message
[Image: bcH8bL7.png]

Evenin',

I hope all's going well, staying vigilant; y'know, the usual.

I'll be completely honest, I don't check the neural net often. It's usually filled with pointless garbage or whatnot. Keywords to filter are useful, but I leave that to desk jockeys who don't mind reading through reports and random net pages for relevant data.
Today is obviously different.

My boys were sifting through some documents flagged with naval keywords when they came across this. When I was notified, I initially figured that what my boys were telling me was all well and good. They told me to take a look for myself.
It's not.

Now, I'm not blind to the fact that your group originated out in the wild green yonder, and probably knows some things that I don't, but I'm fairly certain that you can't kill Nomads by talking to them. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I'd at least like an explanation for why some random Freelancer (or whatever he is, I'm impressed with his knowledge of identity scrambling) has guncam shots of (if I'm recalling correctly) a Keeper's ship, your Eidolon Wraith, and even the ship we gave you just casually sitting there chatting with squids. Don't think I'm blind to the rest of the people in those shots, either. I'm putting them all on a list for Onyx to keep an eye on, but I at least think you people deserve to speak for yourselves.

I'll be waiting for your response. I don't like this, and we both know hell will break loose if there's even a smidge of credit to these guncam shots.

West, out.

[Image: hyZyC81.png]
Transmission Ends
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Keeper Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: unknown.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Who was talking to Nomads?

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Incoming Transmission

Recipient: Keeper Revenant

Loading Message

Revenant..

Unless the attached neural link isn't directing you properly, the shots should tell you who, Keeper. If it isn't, I happened to have my boys download a copy. Digest it at your leisure.
Considering a ship with your callsign is among them, and from what I can gather one of the bugs even refers to said ship by name, you can understand why I'm extremely interested in hearing from your side. Before as the Legion and now as the Insurgency, we've been on pretty good terms for years, which is about half of why I haven't gone apeshit.

I just need an answer, Revenant.

West, out.

Transmission Ends
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Keeper Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: unknown.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

I have analysed the imagery again in my spare time, and have failed to see anyone under our banners conversing with the Nomads.

Do you really believe everything you see upon the Neural Net?

Perceptions, perspectives, percipience... Anything can be twisted. Anything can be created. Anything can be manifested. Anything can be edited. If one wants to convince themselves to see it, they shall will this reality into existence, attempting to corrupt every perspective to their own desired reality.

I wonder why you're so adamant on seeing such fabricated nonsense as such. Surely the Insurgency has not wasted all of this time and effort prowling the Neural Net idly whilst Liberty expanded its influence. We pondered what happened to our request of your people being tasked to destroying two siege cruisers. Seeing how it has almost been half a year, I suppose you do not find yourself capable of fulfilling such a large demand.

Do you believe in pink Nomads?

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Incoming Transmission

Recipient: Keeper Revenant

Loading Message

I'd rate it a.. 6/10.

I know the point of it was to prove that any photo can be doctored, but all things considered it really isn't that bad of an attempt. Didn't catch me, obviously; I counted three issues instantly that killed it pretty much out of the gate (this is all ignoring the pink Nomad), but still.. not bad.

Thing is, nothing is foolproof Revenant. There are little tells that mark guncams as genuine; passing them through software, doesn't matter how fancy, shifts it no matter how careful you are, even if no changes are made. Algorithms make their own marks and leave it clear to certain people that it's a fake. It's handy as hell if you know what you're doing, and is what makes groups like the Hackers so damn frustrating to lie to.

And if you think I didn't check that freelancer's shots, then you haven't been paying attention.

They pass, Revenant. The patterns match, the numbers are all there and they sing.
.. but I can take a hint.

I'm not setting this aside, but I'll assume your people know what they're doing. You did, after all, come from the wild green yonder.

Also, wasn't that whole cruiser business finished months ago? I don't recall anything about being asked to destroy them; I'm pretty sure your people came by not long after they were finished and picked them up. Sure hope nothing happened to them.

West, out.

Transmission Ends