Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rencontre au Chantier naval de Maintenon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chantier naval de Maintenon -- Orleanais, Gallic space

Samedi, le 18 Septembre 744

One of the prime military shipyards in Gallia just like always since the very day of its commissioning was occupied by multiple ships staying on repairs, being constructed or under upgrade to suit the swiftly changing Gallic naval doctrines, that no more relying on a blind superior firepower but also flexibility to new terms of war, when Gallia is no more an absolute supreme at the political arena. Not long ago, one of its major drydocks was occupied by the De Grasse, both honour and shame of Gallic United Fleet -- honour, because of many battles it survived, but shame, because it belonged to infamous Redemption-class, symbol of hope to the remaining pro-republicans, naive in their belief in friendship with Sirius, but defiance and rebellion to loyalists that set integrity of the Gallic House over all else. Now empty, the drydock was waiting for another pinnacle of Gallic engineering to arrive.

Aboard the shipyard, in one of the luxury looking chambers, a recently appointed Seigneur of Orleanais was resting after his travel from the planet. Antonin did not actually need a rest after such a short flight, but it was useful to prepare for meeting a businessman he could never respect or threat as equal. All their endless conversations and discussions, meetings and scheming for getting a bigger cut were never understood to him, despite having roots from family of such dealers.

All he had now is to wait until Director of the EFL SPA arrive to the shipyard...

Samedi, le 18 Septembre 744

As expected Victor Camara director of the SPA EFL arrived this Saturday from his personal luxury shuttle to meet the Seigneur of Orléanais on the Maintenon Shipyard.

As soon as it landed on the hangar Victor descended quickly from the ship, eager to meet this Seigneur he threw himself directly towards the luxurious rooms, unfortunately for him, he had no idea in which rooms the Seigneur was, until he walked into a room and saw a man there alone waiting for someone. It's him Antonin de Lusignan Seigneur of Orléanais. Victor closed the door behind him and began by saying to him:

" It was not easy to find you, I had not imagined that Maintenon had so many luxurious rooms... Mes salutations Seigneur Antonin de Lusignan, I am Victor Camara director of the SPA EFL, but you can call me Victor, I don't mind. "

"Good evening, monsieur. If so, call me just Antonin, it will be simpler for both of us then." answered the Seigneur, with a gesture offering Director to take a seat, "I hope not to take a lot of your time, but would you like a drink after trip?"

the director takes his seat
"A drink, with pleasure .Don't worry, I've made sure my business turn well in my absence. So tell me Antonin, what are we going to talk about? "

Several minutes later, when drinks and snacks were brought by one of many primitive robots they used for routine service, Antonin begun.

"The task is simple but also difficult. There is a number of outdated ships under my responsibility as a Seigneur of Orleanais that I want to pass the repairs, upgrade and if needed - refit. Your corporation usually deals with manufacturing military logistics ships, however, this time I want to involve your corporation directly, in order to speed up the process." said the man, with a bit of grey in his dark hair. An aura of power was coming from him even when he was just sipping the wine. "The most important is to upgrade the Renaissance, ship that used to be under my command when I was an officer of the Royal Navy, and that serves an important role in the security of modern Gallia."

Antonin put a little holodesk on the table and pressed a button on it. A moment later, a model of the Charlemagne-class Battleship was slowly spinning before the eyes of both.

"As you can see, its biggest weakness is not even lack of the Warwolf cannon, but its old and outdated armor plating that even after enhancement lacking durability and resistance against electromagnetic damage. Simply to say - the ship inner systems are vulnerable to EM weaponry." Lusignan pointed his finger on the hangar bay at the ship's bottom "This is another vulnerability - its hangar was extended to carry more craft but sacrifices time of launch. Moreover, during the fighter laugh, it can't take back returning vessels, what is a potential threat to pilots. This all has to be fixed, as well as the cream de la cream of Gallic military engineering -- the Warwolf, to be placed, sacrificing some rooms in the nose."

He made another move with hands, zooming in to show the dual-core CNO-R reactor in near the engine section."Its reactor is outdated and requires replacement. I want your corporation to develop a better one in collaboration with the military. The new reactor has to based on a newer, to support all the systems ship carrying -- should be a simple task, isn't it?"

"It is a very ambitious project, which will require a lot of resources and means to modernise the entire Gallic fleet, but EFL accepts this challenge. We will be able to use Haute-Seine, which will make it much easier for our logistics.
Victor placed his glass of wine on the table
"As for the modifications to be made to increase the efficiency of the fleet, collaboration with the Gallic Navy will be essential, but as you said, this is not going to be a problem. For the materials required, we could conclude a contract with GMS to have a stable logistics."
He looked at the time on his watch.
Well, take that as a yes, but I can't tell you how long it will take, Mr. Antonin. EFL is quite busy with the recycling of the warships lost during the Kusari invasion, and with the construction of the Sigma-15 and Omicron Rho gates, our facilities are very occupied."
He picks up his glass of wine from the table and finishes it.