Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Order, From: Kaplain, Delta 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Shinzo-Transmission.gif]
[Image: ntf1.jpg]

- ENCRYPTION »» EUCLID

- RECIPIENT »» The Order First Fleet
- SENDER »» Kaplain, Delta 4
- LOCATION »» Freeport 9
- SUBJECT »» Technology Request

Good day to to whom it may concern. I am contacting you on behalf of the unit known as Delta 4. You can call me Kaplain.

I understand that the Order has run a number of operations with our primary vessel, known as the Stormhawk under the command of one Mr. “JJ”. Such operations have yielded good things for both of us.

As for me, I work as the chief intelligence officer for Delta 4 out of Freeport 9. From there, we collect information from a number of trusted contacts across the Edge and Border worlds to feed us information that can be useful for our cause, and then forward it to Stormhawk for their use. The main reason as to which I contact you today is due to the fact that Delta 4 intends to expand it's operation further into places that the Stormhawk may not be able to easily operate within, one such vicinity being within House borders. Since our information there is quite limited, we want to be able to have a intelligence ship, something small such as a fighter craft to sniff around for any possible signs of Nomad infections and also to get into places that a large capital-class would otherwise struggle with. We also may look for opportunities to enhance our diplomacy with groups that we otherwise would have little or no contact with.

We have begun field testing a number of different ships and evaluating what we had locally and it appears that the Order Bastet Mk2 has caught our eye. Normally we would use one of our own Zoner-based ships for something like this but due to the fact that Order ships have a knack for getting through situations that would normally be untenable, it is in our sights to be a very viable option. We would therefore request your permission to formally purchase one for ourselves and take it for a few test runs to see how it shapes up. We have a veteran pilot lined up and ready to take it to trials. Considering it passes our tests, we would be willing to bring it fully operational for our use.

I am able to transfer any necessary funds to purchase it with or if you wish some supplies sent to you from our stockpiles in exchange for it. I wait for your response as soon as possible.

Kaplain Out.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]

Bastet purchase

The Order High Command discussed your request and had come to consensus concerning how to forward about that.

We are more than open to discuss terms of sale, but many voices have proposed that you have to commit to some work for us before we relinquish control of the vessel to you. If you complete some favours for The Order, we will grant you access to O42D Bastet 2 with few stipulations. Before we begin…

The ship in question will be registered on you and you alone. That means no transferring ownership to another party. If in the future you want to change the ID you fly under, you will have to report this to The Order Command before you commit. Failure to comply will mean losing access to The Order’s logistic chain to keep your ship in pristine condition. As a Zoner, there are no concerns that you will use Bastet in any way upsetting The Order or its allies. However one further stipulation is, we do not want third parties snooping around our technology. I believe it is self-explanatory and carries the same consequences as the previous condition.

If those are acceptable to you, I have some work that is best done by operatives that are not currently associated with The Order as far as our enemies are concerned. As a Zoner you have freedom of movement without being paid attention by the powers that be. We understand this comes with limitations and that using Zoner sympathizers for combat is unacceptable naturally, but you will be useful in manners requiring more… finesse. I have a couple of assignments ready for you to undertake, the more you complete the more impressed The Order will be with you in this and future exchanges and naturally you are still free to go beyond call of duty and undertake something out of your own initiative.

1. There is increased activity of Auxesian vessels in Liberty and systems bordering them. As you may already know, we are monitoring their activities due to their irresponsibly hostile attitude to The Order, not to count the tendency to harbor Nomad infested personnel among their own ranks… including their very leaders. I have few names for you to look up any information available. Cargo scans, affiliates, contacts, up-to-date intelligence on their operations... anything will be of good use.

- Vincent Abrams, civilian Can also go by “Ridge” and “Vinny”. Morbidly curious about Nomads and seems to have fallen with the wrong crowd. I would prefer to keep civilians such as him far away from Nomads as possible for their own good.

- Sapphire Raven, mastermind behind Auxo. Confirmed Nomad infectee. Former Core high-up. Unlikely to use her real name in public.

I recommend starting from Ames and working your way in the direction of the galactic south. This is not combat mission, even if Nomads are involved. Should you find yourself in problem or your cover is compromised, my recommendation is to stay put under protection of Liberty Law until we have agents help you pull out safely.

2. This assignment is both the easiest and safest to accomplish. It would nonetheless be a good bonus for you. The Order Overwatch ordered a cache of weapons and is in need of a discrete transfer from Sigmas to Order space. Risk assessment is minimal. Use of capital vessel or at minimum a small transport will be required for this mission, due to the scale of the package. Precise pick up and delivery point will be given to you should you accept.

3. Uncovering and gathering intelligence on infected forces should be also up your alley as an intelligence officer. Any confirmed Wild on our list will make space safer for all of us. We do not require heroics here, though if you manage to bag one of them you are doing humanity a favor.

4. Intelligence gathering. There is a saying in Cairo that true loyalty of an Order officer is tested in his or her first combat against other humans. The Order has made some enemies over the years whether we wanted those or not. Any information you can gather on current diplomatic relations of Core, Maquis, Auxo and/or Liberty Insurrectionists will be considered adequate service for the Bastet. Again this is not a combat mission. We will consider further monetary compensation on top of hardware transfer should the quality of intelligence you provide be especially useful to us.

Grand Admiral Michal Golanski
1st Battlegroup "Wargods", Black Fleet

- ENCRYPTION »» EUCLID

- LOCATION »» Freeport 9

Hello and Thank you for granting us this response. I have taken the time to review this data and sent it over to various trusted sources of mine that will help to conduct some of the activity outlined and to check for reports on such parties. We are very happy with this opportunity and I'm sure we can come a agreement.

The Order greatly values it's privacy so if we were to obtain such a ship, no technical data about it would be transferred on to a 3rd party, nor would it be authorized to be used by any others. As I myself am not a pilot, the aforementioned Pilot I talked about earlier will be the one in sole control of the Bastet, under our guidance of course. She will be carrying out some of the objectives here as a sort of proving ground for her intelligence gathering skills as that will be of significant importance to us in the coming future. Considering we get approval to purchase and if you request beforehand, I can forward some personal info about her so you may keep it on file and conduct a background check if possible.

On to the points you have mentioned, I would request more data on some of them to confirm what needs to be done in detail.

In regards to Point 1:
This is quite a broad amount of intel to find some very specific people, people I'd imagine may want to stay hidden, but I will see what can be done in their regards.

Point 2: We would like to know exactly what type of arms you want shipped and what quantity. We have secure facilities available to transfer such things and may even be able to request the Stormhawk to assist in this considering it is not a very large amount.

Point 3: We have seen it difficult to track Wild movements as they seem to stay very much below the radar as possible. There have been a handful of instances where we have encountered the Wild and other infected ships so we can use what we know about them so far. Please expand on any specifics here you want our pilot to look into, she does have sufficient combat experience if necessary.

Point 4: We do have some intel on a few of the groups mentioned, but I will need to reach out to some other contacts I have in order to confirm certain things and see where they could be found. If you have any further data on potential areas of operation or known bases, we can absolutely look into it.

I will take some time to confirm any additional information you can send us, after which time our pilot will deploy on some of these assignments. We have a scout vessel lined up to conduct these operations with. I will make sure to impress upon our pilot that time cannot be wasted, so that this hopefully can be completed in a timely manner.

I see no further issues right now, unless you have anything more to add, we will begin such operations shortly. Again thank you for your time and consideration, we must continue to work together to defeat the Nomads.

Kaplain out.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

Bastet purchase

Niigata station, Sigma 59 is your destination. While the system is remote and few in fact keep tabs on it, we still do not necessarily want to raise attention by sending an official Order ship to pick up the package as sensitive as this. Your cargo is as follows: Seven CB 110 turrets. GMG markets those as station defense armament but their firepower is equivalent to capital ship grade armaments. You are to transport them to Omicron Mu, Akabat. Damascus station in orbit around the moon will unload your cargo. Route and timing I leave up to you and your Zoner friends.

Aso I have additional information for you concerning the case of Kepler. He is flying Loki mark 1 and is equipped with Nomad adapted weaponry. As far as we know Vincent Abrams sided with the Auxesia who were not concerned at all about his choice of weaponry… he had even visited Omicron Delta and came into a firefight with Order forces upon failure to comply with regulations concerning preventing spread of Nomad equipment. We consider him a lost cause but nonetheless someone non-Order may get some information that could lead to his, or his master's demise.

There are unexplained anomalies at play here and are undoubtedly Nomad related. While at the current it appears to be a one way hyperspatial rift not too dissimilar to jumpdrive appearing at unspecifiable intervals which can cause loss of life to anyone unfortunate to be in the vicinity. There is no guarantee that Nomads wont use it to enter Kepler and terrorize the entire region. Security of Ames is at stake.

Kusari practically abandoned policing the system, and the Liberty Navy reportedly failed to restore any semblance of order. It is quite likely that the extent of Colonial Law ends at Colorado-Kepler jumpgate and location is too remote for Order forces to respond in required force to clear off Auxesia and Nomad presence outright. Play along as concerned Zoner and under no circumstance reveal your cooperation with The Order.

Liberty Insurrectionists operate numerous depots at the Liberty-Bretonnian border, likely swallowing up all former Legionnaire assets. Auxesia is highly protective of Inverness and this is the place where we expect the majority of their forces to be located at. Maquis are a Gallic criminal syndicate with an ideological streak against the authoritarianism of Gallia, which is where you will find all of them. Core also still manages to operate a depot in Omega-48, which still worries The Order concerning the future of the system.

I will send you more information as the situation develops.

- ENCRYPTION »» EUCLID

- LOCATION »» Freeport 9

Your response here has been quite informative to us.

This information will be passed on to our active vessels and my hope is that they will uncover at least some of what you have requested. In addition, the information you sent in regards to the weapons transfer in Sigma will be forwarded to the Stormhawk for them to handle, as that would be the better option for them to move them.

Many of these places we have rarely had ships to yet or at all thus far. I look forward to hearing what they are able to find out. During this time I also requested information on the specified groups you asked us to investigate, so I expect results on more specific locations of operations they use soon.

I will respond later with a full report on all data we were able to collect, this will take some time and after I feel we have done all we can for the time being, you will see what we were able to uncover. Thank you again.

Kaplain out.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

- ENCRYPTION »» EUCLID

- LOCATION »» Freeport 9
- SUBJECT »» Intelligence Report

Hello again. It took some time to gather things together, but we believe we have some useful data for you here. You should also find a number of data packages included along with this report.

Wild intelligence:

I looked up what I could find about the Stormhawk and any potential confirmed sightings of Wild ships.

We did have suspicious sightings of ships in Omicron Nu. Surveys made of that area did locate some very old vessels, many still being in use, with some ignoring hails to outright assaults being made against the Stormhawk and her crew. Most of these were small-time, and they confirmed the termination of any hostiles that attempted to engage them. Nomad signatures were detected on some of the attacking ships as I understand it. Strange sightings were also recorded in Minor.

Also we had reports come in from ships traversing Coronado and Inverness that reported several on occasions of unknown and otherwise unidentifiable ships on their radar sometimes. What we now know about Inverness is that it seems to be the main operational area of this “Auxesia” group. This could very well prove to be a problem as we also received intel from another source that corroborates the Order's claims that Auxesia does have dealings with the Nomads and and this will warrant further investigation. So far though the Stormhawk has recently completed a invasive survey of Coronado which did point to some promising readings in that area, with plans to take a deep look into Inverness as well. We have included a small package of data of all possible Wild encounters with this report.

Kepler report:

First thing we had our main operator do was head for Kepler, since that is likely a more dangerous zone, get the worst out of the way first. She spent several hours exploring areas and going off of some information retrieved from Ames. A number of warnings were sent as to not stray too far from the travel zones, with the strong radiation and unknown asteroid terrain out there. She was not able to find this “Ridge” person but did locate some strange anomalies out there and made a few scans to try to figure out what they were. Unfortunately with it being just a small scout ship, not a lot of data could be collected, but they do appear to have similar properties to jump holes, or otherwise some sort of high band gravimetric disturbances. All data collected has been forwarded in this report.

Visual scans of Anomalies:

Maquis report:

Our operator then went to Lorraine, as we did hear reports of extensive Maquis activity over there. She did locate a number of useful items, one being some Maquis engaging other Gallic forces nearby, and also managed to contact a Maquis agent of some sort that conveyed some plans they had for the near future, which could be useful to you I imagine.

Log Report of Sarah Mohcam:

Cant say I'm happy to be around Gallia, with all the trouble they caused before in the Taus, not to mention Royalist extremists around the Six, didn't exactly fancy going here. Anyway....I got some good intel that the Maquis work a lot in Lorraine, so after a short trip through Kusari with the help of one Yuki Sinon that helped me find the right path there, I decided to put down on planet Metz.

I started asking around in some spaceport lounges. After spending a few hours putzing around, I did talk to one man that seemed to know where to know where to them, and assured me that they had many supporters on Metz. He gave me a number of coordinates to look over. So with that I hopped back in my little ship and started scouting around.

One set of coordinates I had didn't take long to find them, I witnessed several Maquis and Gallic assault ships going at it, even a few Outcasts were getting in on the action. Wouldn't mind seeing some Outcasts eat it too.

The next day I went along a nebula field near the edge of the system that I was told had significant Maquis sightings. After several hours going back and forth looking to find anything worth it, I was approached by some sort of Maquis officer that asked me to not progress any further into the field. This person, “Boucher” as I believe he called himself, sure had a lot to say both about the Maquis's activities and their colorful thoughts about the local Gallic government. Managed to get a shot of some of the equipment he had onboard as well.

[Image: Maquis-intel-3.png]

I have heard of the Maquis acting against Gallia so, that much wasn't news to me, but they also have some sort of major operation planned for Metz by next month. They plan to make a sort of “Liberation effort” down there, he said any willing to fight for them are welcome. I'm not sure exactly who may want to have a dig into their private little war here, but I promised him I would pass on the information. I do got a few old friends that may want a poke at Gallia I bet. I have attached the comm logs below.

I really hope this is all worth it, I was “promised” a fancy new ship and a good job with these people if this all pays off, that guy who called me up for this better come through.

Order Weapon transfer:

As far as I know, the Stormhawk was confirmed to have transferred the requested arms not long ago. After procuring the shipment in Sigma 59 with assistance of a Order agent, they moved on to Omicron Mu. One of your ships received the shipment at Akabat, so that should all be squared away. Communication logs are included below:

Insurgency Report:

It took some time to look up data on the Insurgency, since we don't normally operate in their main zones. Fortunately we found someone crazy enough to try to enter their space.

It was almost a week ago that a Liberty Naval fleet decided to make a incursion into the Kansas system, where they met strong opposition from the Insurgency Navy. Our scout managed to follow a number of Navy ships moving in that direction. Although they didn't make direct contact with them, they did manage to observe some of the engagement and captured some intelligence on ship IDs and a few ship scans. Where the Insurgency had several heavy Battleships and Battle-cruisers, the Liberty Navy used more light strike craft like bombers and fighters. Some of the comms were being jammed so not all the data could be used. Additional data included below:

This should wrap up our agreement for the moment, Delta 4 does plan to investigate the Nomad-side of things further in the future. We hope this all is acceptable for you. Thank you for all of these opportunities you provided for us. We await your reviewing of the data in here and look forward to cooperating more in the future.

Kaplain out.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

Bastet purchase

Well well, thanks to you we know something about Maquis that we did not before. While I sincerely doubt Maquis have enough weight to seize Lorraine, it is still more chaos for Nomads to take advantage of. The Order will monitor the situation to determine whether our intervention will be necessary. As well any further evidence of Auxesia link to the Nomads will be welcome to put more pressure on the organization, if you have anything credible to share.

However in the meantime you had concluded your part of the contract. While I would urge you to continue your efforts - which we can come to an agreement on how you would be compensated in the future - you already were promised a reward for your participation. I am authorizing a test flight for Bastet Mark 2 under Zoner papers. Get a feel for it before you commit to the ship. Once you decide this ship is for you or opt to decide for a different piece of tech, we can talk about next steps. I would like you to submit precise callsign you will use the Bastet under.

- ENCRYPTION »» EUCLID

- LOCATION »» Freeport 9
- SUBJECT »» Ship Purchase

Thank you for authorizing this purchase. We have just now taken delivery of one Bastet Mk2 at Freeport 11. The ship will go under the designation of “Voltaic_Slash”. The Pilot is known as Sarah Mohcam, she has spent much time as a veteran pilot for the Zoners out in Tau 29 and has extensive combat experience. She will arrive out at Delta we expect in another day or 2 and after such time will conduct our trials with it. Based on previous runs we have made with other ships, we know more accurately of what we need and do not expect trials to take long.

I will contact you again for our final decision soon. Thank you again for everything and we hope we have been of significant help to you.

Kaplain out.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

- ENCRYPTION »» EUCLID

- LOCATION »» Freeport 9
- SUBJECT »» Ship Purchase

Greetings Order First Fleet.

I am happy to report that after a number of tests conducted over the past two days, the Bastet has achieved and even exceeded a few requirements we had set out for it. The ship proved to be more than versatile enough and uses technology that will help in the long run to get to where we need it to be. Our pilot was quite impressed and has enjoyed flying it so far, with high praise for it's ease of use and adaptive systems.

I would like to therefore request that we now take it under full use and complete the purchase. As stated before, the ship will only be used by our registered pilot and will not be used against the interests of the Order. Also we request along with the purchase, all primary flight data and recommended configurations of the ship, as well as any other pertinent technical data. Such information will also not be passed on to any other 3rd party and there will be strict restrictions on who is able to access it under my authority.

Once again this has been a very beneficial agreement we have made between our two groups and I look forward to possible future endeavours we may share.

Kaplain out.

TRANSMISSION ENDS