Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Project Teeparty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lady Rosemary Summers Smiled as she Steered the Starflyer towards The Arcadia Bay, it was quite some time since she was Flying anything else than her Sportsglider on Manhattan but the Basics were the same. Rosemary was 1,79 tall and had Bright Light Blonde Hair. Rosemary smiled as she saw the Arcadia Bay on her Scanner and moved towards her. The Ship Looked like it have seen a lot in the past, but it made a Good Impression and looked like she was well Taken Care of by her Crew. Arcadia Bay this is Lady Rosemary Summers from the Manhattan University. I ask for Permission to Dock, your Capitan Awaits my Visit. Rosemary Smiled as she Looked at the Old Leather Bag where she had Stored her Blueprints and the samples of Tea that she had brought with her. Rosemary wanted to give the Crew a Taste of what they could Grow themself, she had chosen the most common Brands of Tea like Camomile and Earl Grey that were Freshly Harvested just some Weeks ago.

Rosemary smiled as she sits there in the small Cockpit and waits for the Arcadia Bay to Allow her to land. She had Worked during the Last days on a Plan to Adapt the Greenhouse in her Sisters' Home for a Spaceship so that they could Grow Tea and Vegetables on Bord. Rosemary was sure that the crew would be happy about the Fresh Food they would get then, she was sure that this would be better than what they would Normally Eat on their Long Journeys. Rosemary had made some Research about the things that Cargo Crews Normally Eat on Long Voyages and she was shocked that they eat Food Rations or even Worse Synth Paste. Rosemary didn't Need Fancy Meals in High-Class Restaurants to be happy, but she wouldn't want to eat only Food Rations either. And so she waited for the Hangar of the Arcadia Bay to Open.
Abadan Harker smiled to himself as he saw the Starflyer on scanners, he and his crew have needed a change in their cuisine for quite some time now. To his right sat his wife, Anita and nodded at Abadan. I am excited! This will completely change things for us, giving us a change of food will be great for morale, and think Abadan, this is all because of a conversation with a navy ship captain. Abadan smiled and nodded It's true, I just hope it won't cost us too much of our profits in the last few weeks. Anita places a hand on Abadan's shoulder. It'll be fine, love. We'll manage. This is for all of us after all. Abadan nodded at his wife and then pushed the communications button as he heard Lady Summers communications. My lady, your are cleared to dock at the starboard docking port. We'll meet you there in a couple of minutes. Thank you for coming. Anita and Abadan left the bridge to walk together down to docking port to greet their visitor.
Rosemary was a bit worried as she Landed the Smal Starflyer in the Hangar of The Arcadia Bay, even when she had her Pilots License she didn't Fly in Space for a Long time. Rosemary's Maneuvers were a bit Shakey but in the end, she managed to make a Safe Landing in the Hangar. Of course, it didn't Hurt that the Starflyer was a Simple Ship that was Easy to fly, it wasn't the Most Popular Ship for Beginner Pilots for no Reason. After she had Turned down the Engines and the Hangar was Secured Rosemary steps out of her Litle Ship, She was Wearing a simple Space Suit that was Red Like a Rose and had her Hair Bound to a Ponytail. She hadn't waited for too Long till Abadan and his Wife Came into the Hangar. You must be Capitan Harker am I right? And Who is the Beautifull Woman at your side? Even though Rosemary was Married to a Wonderfull Wife she couldn't hold back to Flirt from time to time even when she didn't mean it seriously and that's also what her Body Language Said towards Misses Harker. Ok Funn aside before my wife finds out and slaps me on the back of my head when I get home. She Chuckles Lightly as she gets and Tablet PC out of her Bag and Activates the Screen, on it were multiple Tabs open that showed Calculations and Blueprints for Different Kinds of Greenhouses and the Plants that would Grow in them. Rosemary had Calculated many things from the Right amount of Water and Light to the Right amount of Nutritients and Fertilizer that would be needed. I have made some Calculations for Multiple Scenarios Depending on if we can use your Onboard Life Support for the Greenhouses or if we need to Install a Separate System, If you can show me the Area where to Install the Greenhouse I can tell which of my Calculations we need to Bring to Life. She showed them the Estimated Time Tables for the First Batch of Tea that could be Harvested after the Greenhouse became Operational, Rosemary was a big Fan of the Natural Growth of Plants, but she knew that normal Plants weren't good for Growth on a Spaceship and so she had made some Light Modifications to them by Breeding them with other Plants. She had used Natural Methods for this as she wasn't a Fan of Artificial Genetic Modification inside a Lab. It was Clear that Rosemary had thought about Everything that was needed for the Growth of Vegetables and Tea on Board of The Arcadia Bay.
Anita grinned at the compliment and chuckled herself and poked Abadan in the arm. Why can't you say nice things like that huh? she jokingly said, then turns and gave a deep nod at Rosemary. Abadan chuckles and nodded himself. Welcome to the Arcadia Bay, I am happy you could come. This is Anita, my very beautiful wife he says poking Anita's arm back with a elbow. See, I say nice things.. and chuckled. My wife tends to do the same thing.. Most of the time to be fair he smirks at Rosemary.
Then as she shows them the the pad they both look at it with some intense interest, as she finishes he nods at her. The cargobay we were looking at, already have a proper connection to the life support as that area is made for perishables and food stuff. I am sure that it would be the easiest area to convert. Please, follow us. And they Led Rosemary down into the lower decks, where the cargo bays were. Eventually coming into a rather large one.
Deckplan of Cargo Bay

Here we go, it's 50 by 20 meters.. I hope this works with your plans?. he smiles and shows her around a bit, letting her take a look at the place. There are indeed several vents for moisture and it has a changeable environment setting for heat and cold.
Rosemary smiled as she saw how the Couple Teased each other, they reminded her a bit of her parents in that case. She smiled as she Remembers the Good times with them before the Gallic War, but she also felt a pain in her heart because they weren't here anymore. Before she could be Overwhelmed by her Sadness she distracted herself with the Work she had ahead of herself and looked at the Room that Abadan Showed her. The Size of the Room is big enough so that we can Make 2 Separate Chambers into it, one for Tea and one for Vegetables. But I need to Check your Local Life Support Systems if they are Compatible. She smiled at them as she Connects her Datapad with the ship's systems of the Cargo Bay, what she initially saw was a good Basis for Further Modification of this Cargo bay. Rosemary Checked everything from the Computer Systems to the Vents and Walls of the Room. The Basics are good but we need to do some Extra Work, Your Life Support needs a bit of an Upgrade but only for the Greenhouse. And if we Install an acrylic glass Wall with a Door in the middle of the Room we can Create 2 Separate Climate Zones. And if we mount the Wall on a Rail System you can Adjust the Size of the Chambers as you need them later. Rosemary made some Calculations and walked through the Room as she Calculated the Costs for the Project and the amount of Resources that they would need. after a while, she looked up from her Calculations and smiled at them. Ok, this won't be as Expensive as I First thought it would be. The Resources we need arent rare and we can Modify the Local Life Support System for this Room easily. Then all we had to do is to Install a Water System for the Plants and the Separation Wall for the 2 Compartments. The Cost for all of this would be between 1 and 3 Million Credits.She looked again at the Data Pad and made some more Calculations for the Cost she was going through her Calculations for Quite a while, Rosemary was going through all the Numbers and after a while, she had a Big Smile on her face. I have an Idea to Reduce the Costs for this Project. I can Declare this as a Teaching Project for my Students, which would mean they will help with the Construction of the Greenhouse and Learn a Lot Frist hand about it. And in Return the University would Cover about 30% of the Building Costs, maybe even a bit more if you would give us some Data about the Usage of the Greenhouse for Research Purposes. She smiled at them as she waited for their Answer to the Offer and so she Checked everything again to make sure she hadn't Missed any Vital Problems with the Project.
Abadan and Anita listened intently to what Rosemary said, both in their heads imagining the new greenhouse and the fact they'd be growing their own tea, Abadan was a coffee drinker, but most of the crew preferred tea, being Bretonians and all. Even anita enjoyed tea. So this would be a great boost of morale on their longer runs. And the fact that they could grow their own vegetables, it would be really nice. Maybe not in the amounts needed to feed the entire crew, but maybe once a month they could serve it to the crew. That should be enough. Just at the cost of around a 100 storage space. Well worth it. Abadan and Anita nodded and listened as Rosemary went through the list of what needed to be done and eventually as she came to the cost, Anita and Abadan smiles. We can absolutely pay up to 3 million for this project, that won't be an issue.. As Rosemary went through her suggestion of using this as a school project Anita nodded and smiles I think that sounds perfect! We'll be happy to transmit data on it's usage over time. We're just happy to being able to help in return to what you have done to help us.. Abadan nodded in agreement. Lady Summers, when would you want to start this project? We don't have any timed contracts for a while, so we are able to be in New York for quite some time.
Rosemary Smiled about the Reactions from the Harkers. She makes some Calculations and looks at the List of the Required Items for the Stuff that they would need to Construct the Greenhouse.Well, most of the Stuff we need is easy to get, the only Complicated things are the Programing of the Water System and the Instalment of the Acryl Glas Separation. But I am sure we can find some help with that.She smiled and looks into her Calendar to see when she could Bring her Students over for the Construction of the Greenhouse, Rosemary was also Checking for some Companys that could Make the Things they needed for the Greenhouse. If everything went smoothly then I would say we can Start in 3 Days and it shouldn't take longer than 2 to 3 Days to Install anything and get the Greenhouse Running. She smiled at them as she gets some Tea Seeds out of her Bag and shows them to Abadan and Anita, they looked Smal and fragile but they would grow into Beautifull Tea plants and would Supply the Crew with as much tea as they would want to have. These are the Seeds for some of the most Common Tea Brands, when they Reach a Certain Size you can Harvest the Leaves every 2 to 3 Weeks without Damaging the Plants. Rosemary Smiles as she Gently Takes Anita's hand and Puts the Litle Seeds in so that she could feel the Origin of the Plant that would Make Delicious Tea for her. These are the Seeds that you can use to make the Tea. Rosemary believed that you should Treat Plants and Animals not just as things that are just useful, she believed that they should be treated with Respect and Kindness. As an Ecologist, she Deeply Loved Nature and Everything that was a part of it.
Both Abadan and Anita listened well and intently, they smiled a little and Anita asked Regarding the installation, we have a very skilled chief engineer, he and his people can probably do with no issue. So, getting things installed shouldn't be much of a problem. and Abadan nodded in agreement and said Regarding programming though, I believe we'll have to check with the engineering crew if anyone is educated in it. I know Mike in group 2 did our programming for the bridge he looked at Anita for confirmation, she in turn nodded a little Yeah, he did, but, I think we may need someone that knows the systems better. Well, we can check the net, if you don't have a suggestion Lady Summers?. And as Rosemary continued and explained the time it would take Anita grinned and smacked Abadan's arm We're getting a greenhouse in a week! and Abadan grinned and chuckled, they both seemed very invested in this project, their happiness practically glowing from them.
Both of them, really carefully bent down to observe the seeds We'll have to employ an gardener I think Anita said Or! I can take some classes in it through the net, during the week I mean. Do you have any suggested reads? Or should we just get someone educated for some greenhouse duty? Anita looked at Rosemary. Abadan knew very little about flora in general, he knew a bit about coffee beans, but his interests always lay in more technological matters. But he eventually said We can afford another crew, no issues, but I think you'd like to do these things Ani, you've wanted a new hobby after all. he smiles at her and leaned over to kiss her head, then they both turned to Rosemary and smiled
Rosemary smile as she saw how Happy Anita was about the Fact that could go this Fast to Install the Greenhouse. We definitely can use the help of your Engineering Staff in Construction. And for the Programing I have some of my Sister's Crew in Mind, Her name is Charlie and she is a Master when it comes to Programing and such stuff.Rosemary smiled at Anita and pulled a Book out of her Bag to Give her, it was the "Big 101 of the Greenhouse Farmers" a Textbook that she also Uses for her own Teachings at the university and was a Standard Books for her Students. This is a Standard Book that could be useful for you Anita, and of course I will show you a Trick or Two so that Plants and Vegetables will have a good time under your Care. And if Something happens you can always contact me and ask for advice. Rosemary took a last look around and then walked back to the Ships Hangar, she had done everything she could here and Prepared the Necessary things for the Construction of the Greenhouse. Now it was time for her to Return Home to her Wife and Enjoy the Evening with her Own Wife on the Couch and Drink a Glas of Wine while they Cuddle.Well then I will take my Leave and go Home, I Will Return Next Week with my Students and Charlie for the Construction of the Greenhouse. She smiled and Waved as she Enters her Starflyer and gets Ready to Leave for Manhattan. Even When the Visit was short Rosemary began to Like Abadan and Anita Harker and was happy to help them too get a Greenhouse and a Healthier Lifestyle.
Anita and Abadan smiled and nodded at Rosemary Lovely, this is going to be great. And do inform this Charlie that of course we'll be compensating her for taking the time to help us with this, As Rosemary gave Anita the book, her face lit up and she smiled widely as she almost immediately opened it up and a read a few lines, her brows furrowed in thought. I am gonna spend this week with this book only and poked Abadan with her elbow You'll have to have Jason as your Second officer hon, I need to read up on this. and grinned at Abadan, then turned to Anita This is going to be fun, I didn't even know I would be this interested in ecology or especially greenhouse management. And as Rosemary ventured towards the hangar, Anita and Abadan followed her. Well, thank you Lady Summers, you have given us a lovely chance to make something great for us and our crew. We'll be doing some contracts during the week, but we'll be back in a couple of days. Please do send us a message when we are gonna start things up. And as Rosemary left, both Anita and Abadan waved their guest goodbye and went back to their business. Anita quickly ducking into their private room to start reading the book she got, while Abadan began to prepare the engineering crew on what was going on. In some weeks, their ship will be a little more like a functioning home. All that was missing was a pool somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 3