Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Israfel's ramblings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to leave this here so it stops clouding my mind.

MZ-SM307 MZ-SM307 MZ-SM307 MZ-SM307 MZ-SM307 MZ-SM307

I’m fucking sure of it, they can have agents sent to watch me. Telepaths and capable navigators all of them, of course, but I know how to blend in, how to disappear and conjoin myself with the coming and going of crowds, and then disperse in the voice of the city like I never even existed. The city is there, the man is no more, the man never was and will never be.
When they will wait, when they will not wait, I will come unexpectedly and they will know and not know, and I will be able to vanish as I must.
They can and will find any of my ships. It is an advantage. When I need them to listen, they will hear, and if not, I will be an unseen silence speaking to select few.
The LSF and Navy will catch wind of it. Will they make the same mistake, will they leave the only remaining Oracle alone? No, it doesn’t work like that. They could figure out who I was talking to, they were present while we were talking. Ears and eyes all over the place, loose knowledge never ceases to spread. I was so careless as a Cultist, as a Windcaller, until all of them were gone and I could not imagine how to save the Cult as an Exarch.
The foundation must be true. We were like moths distracted my countless lights, we needed guidance where minds were clouded… But where did Saturnia go? Where did our teacher go?
Vagrants’ vessels may want me to become as one with them but it is too late to take that path. Too much time spent in the Shrine and the forbidden realm of Nomads where even they rarely tread. Too much change to accept a different fate.

There will be more and less. Do they know? I know. What do I know, really?
Will this Vault they mentioned be the beginning of a new chapter?

Like a mountain fell from my shoulders. Where would I be now if not for Zun’s advice?
In the exact same place.

I need to meet the Fae in Leeds. I need to contact Raven. I need to contact MZ-SM307
What wonderful revelations. I'm yet to understand the exact nature of Raven and Revenant. That's what the meeting will be for, among other things.
Other things. Meeting the Fae was the right decision. I have a single card up my sleeve that can turn the tide of events, if needed. K'Hara and the Wild will want to "disappear" me harder than ever before, though. At this point I assume the Shrine and our other hideouts were thoroughly purged of any traces of the Oracles.
If they were forced to do so themselves, I have little hope to reclaim information. I could even imagine Charon himself undoing all of our work without protest. If it was just the Wild doing their thing, though... Taking the Shrine's nature into account we may have used it better than Nomads themselves could expect.
I need to move Siddur to the Shrine to start the search. I need to obtain additional drones to make sure we're going to be safe. Of course, the teams still have functional environmental protection suits, so we should be good.
I should not attempt to restart the Black Channel yet. The few others who left and remained ignorant of past events will remain ignorant until everything is ready. I hope at least one of the capable psychics survived. I need guidance.

Litany of the Old Song might forever be out of my reach in Dur-Shurrikun or somewhere even more distant. I may have better luck finding files on the Seraphim.
Wipe the slate clean. A new foundation. Give Sirius a second chance. For some insane reason of his own even Ego wants everything gone. If my name as the bearer of the trumpet of judgement day fits into the scheme and if that question was more than pure philosophy and outlook it might be the case.

Just how much does he need to destroy to accomplish his plan? How can I even interfere at this point? The only option for now seems to be relaying more information to Raven. In theory, I could beat a single low-ranking Nomad by overwhelming them with the absurd and insanity I shield myself with, pulling them further away from Mindshare and into madness, unless they retreat in time... Alas, corrupting and subduing Harbinger or Sentinels this way is out of my league.

I would need an entire psychically attuned Power Cell for an undertaking of this scale, not just the fragment that supports my body and mind. I don't remember anything of the sort from skimming the archives. Although I don't even comprehend the full potential of Sajuuk's gift.

A light shines in the darkness, but the darkness will never understand it.
A light shines in the darkness, but the darkness will never understand it!

How long until someone comprehends that it's just an outer layer now? Should I even keep up the charade? It's probably time to learn how to redirect this force quicker.
Should I really be content with an observer's role?
I still need to have a good look around. Harbinger still has more of the perspective to show me and he also has answers for rather definitive questions. Something that Raven should know before someone gets her.
Something that I might have to relay to the Order if Raven dies for good. They did the job once. I know they will do it again if needed.