Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jetson & Gunter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He grabs his old PDA from the drawer and starts rotating it, looking for a button.
Stupid device, how do you turn this thing on? Oh, there it is...

Code:
. . . Booting up . . .
> BIOS version 478.361.1
> Connecting to Neural Net...
> ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ 100%
> Warning: BIOS not up to date with Neural Net! Update is advised.

__        _______ _     ____ ___  __  __ _____
\ \      / / ____| |   / ___/ _ \|  \/  | ____|
  \ \ /\ / /|  _| | |  | |  | | | | |\/| |  _|  
   \ V  V / | |___| |__| |__| |_| | |  | | |___
    \_/\_/  |_____|_____\____\___/|_|  |_|_____|

> Username: Jetson101
> Password: |

Dammit! Password, password, what was the password...
He types in frantically, again and again, until he gets it right.
Oh, finally! Now, where was I... Right, Bounty Hunters Network.

Code:
> Loading BHN.exe . . .
___  ____ _  _ _  _ ___ _   _    _  _ _  _ _  _ ___ ____ ____ ____    _  _ ____ ___ _ _ _ ____ ____ _  _
|__] |  | |  | |\ |  |   \_/     |__| |  | |\ |  |  |___ |__/ [__     |\ | |___  |  | | | |  | |__/ |_/  
|__] |__| |__| | \|  |    |      |  | |__| | \|  |  |___ |  \ ___]    | \| |___  |  |_|_| |__| |  \ | \_

Welcome, guild member Jetson Lawrence. What would you like to do today?
1. View bounty boards
2. View guild news
3. View or edit profile
4. Search the database

> 4

Please enter a category you'd like to search:
1. Wanted personnel
2. Bounty archive
3. Guild members

> 3

Please enter member ID, name, or relevant keywords:
> Gunter Peterson

. . .Searching . . .
Found [1] entry matching the keywords. Would you like to view it? [y/n]
> y

I... I can't believe it!
With his hands shaking, heartbeat speeding up, and a tear running down his eye, Jetson takes a close look at Gunter's profile pic.
Blondie! It really is you!! I missed you, fool!
...Okay, okay, 'nuff with the emotions. Contact details... Ah! Here we go.

He takes a deep breath and starts recording.

- - - Sender: Jetson Lawrence
- - - Recipant: Gunter Peterson
- - - Envryption: Standard BHG pattern/signature

- - - Message content:
Yo Guns! I heard you got yo ass into trouble again!
It's me, Jetson, remember? Your brother from another mother, amigo like an alter ego! We flew a ship together, been mercs together, remember? Who am I kidding, of course you do! We did our time together in friggin' Sugarland! I couldn't bear being in a separate cell, bro. Been missing you ever since. You went incognito since you left jail, man!

I've been hearing them news lately about some bounty hunter disrupting a Navy officer on duty, bearing the call sign "Gunter The Hunter". Joined the guild right away. No way I'm missing that, dawg!

I know you always hated them Liberty pigs, but man, you could've told me you're back on merc duty! I was assigned to babysit some fella traders at Omicron Delta, been asking about you lots. Some kind of assassin android girl named "ANGEL-09" told me she saw you around. Quite the personality module she got there, Man, that girl got me thinking! About philosophy! No less! Would you believe that?

Anyways, she seems to be hunted by Liberty as well, Figured there's be some connection between you two? Let me guess, you tried to hit on her? You dirty dawg you...

Gunny! I miss you bro... I really do... Come to me, let's work together. I've been hunting these squids here for days in the Omicrons, it starts getting old. Let's show'em who's the boss...es!

Talk to me dawg!
Jets out.

He takes another deep breath before clicking the send button.
Aaaaand... Send. Okay. Phewh. Let's hope that fool's still alive.