Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: IMGR| Appleton Laboratory RE: Docking Rights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TO: Dr. Ron Kosher
Director of Research
Appleton Laboratory
President
All Worlds Enterprises

Good day Mr. Kosher,

It has come to my attention via our trading convoys shuffling cargo through Bochum Depot in New Berlin that we have a demand for Beryllium Ore. I'm merely a business man and Freelancer captain so I'm still a bit hazy about where the sudden demand came from, but I make sure to note when various transports captains and my own ALG co-habitants start mentioning a product repeatedly as having value to their operations.

However, sourcing this product from a reliable base has proven more difficult than I would have thought.

Your name and the Appleton Laboratory base in Omega-3 near Freeport 1 has come up a few times in conversations with these captains. I had a transport run out there with the intent of opening up dialogue to support our trade relations with the base, however, it appears docking rights were denied - pre-approval required - so my efforts were in vain.

My ask today:
I would like to begin purchasing various amounts of Beryllium Ore so my operations at Bochum Depot can have a stable supply onhand when needed.
The following groups of ships would require docking access for this to be done easily:
AWE- tag
{DHC} tag
ALG- tag

If you require any further vetting of our trade ships affiliates before these rights can be granted, please let me know.

I appreciate the opportunity to open new avenues of trade with a nearby base, and hope this leads to many successful transactions.

Sincerely,
Jeff Simpson
[Image: xVy2B4V.png]

Greetings Mr. Simpson,

It is good to meet you. I have heard of All World Enterprises as it has been quite active around Sirius as of late. I would like to know the affiliation of AWE and ALG as I am not familiar with those flags. DHC I of course know of as they are one of the Guild's competitors. I do have a bit of hesitance about giving them access to our facility as we are performing mining research at Appleton, but I am not totally opposed if there is a benefit to our group.

I am afraid we cannot ourselves provide a stable supply of Beryllium Ore as we mine it on an as needed basis for our research. When we are done with the samples we do provide them for export by various shipping companies to help offset our costs.

If you are going to be organizing the logistics of mining the Beryllium Ore as well, I might have a way that we could both benefit, in that you might be able to provide us with fresh samples and maintain an adequate supply of Beryllium Ore on our base. We are scientists as well as miners and sometimes we spend more time mining than we would like.

Get back to me on the affiliation on the other ships and if you would be willing to organize a net import of Beryllium to our base. If you have any other suggestions as to how this could be a mutually beneficial arrangement please do propose an alternative.

Respectfully,
Dr. Ron Kosher
IMG Research
Director of Research

[Image: UMPgWvs.png]
Good day Dr. Ron Kosher,

I appreciate your prompt reply to my inquiry and very nice to meet you as well.

I am pleased that word of All Worlds Enterprises (AWE) has reached your station. We are a smaller but rapidly growing Freelancer operation, with aspirations to expand into as many areas as we can muster the manpower to maintain. Our recent assumption of base operations at the ALG Waste Disposal base (A Rheinland House Corporation) in Bochum Depot has given us a presence in Rheinland and its surrounding areas that have greatly expanded our reach and distribution networks.

It seems I was misinformed about the Beryllium Ore supply at your base - it seems to be scarce everywhere these days. However, my trading scouts seem to have sourced a few potentially 'stable' bases that at least had some samples I was able to bring back to our base for our own export to Kusari. I will keep watch of these sources closely and hope they can maintain at least somewhat of a supply level at the base, it makes the Platinum delivery ships from Shikoku that much happier when they see they have a valuable commodity to fill their holds for the return trip.

Opening new business with bases is always a welcome topic and you are correct, it appears I will have to run a bit of organization in the area just to get an adequate supply myself. Given you require this substance too, I'm sure I can include your requirements in my calculations. I'd just have to get a bit more information on the market pricing right now for this Ore and the volume you were looking to sustain.

On the issue of those docking rights, it is completely understandable that you'd rather leave any association with DHC off the table - I use them for shipping when my smaller vessels just won't do. Any trading will need permissions for my own ships using AWE- and those of ALG's large ships using ALG-, if you have no objections there.

I look forward to your response and continued exploration of this exciting new opportunity.

Sincerely,
Jeff Simpson

Greetings Mr. Simpson,

We have been trading Beryllium Ore at 3500 SC/unit, and we usually keep 20,000 units or less on our base, but prefer to have a constant supply of samples. We probably offload around 20,000 units per week from our base, but it varies quite a bit depending on what kind of testing we are doing and the availability of transports willing to take it as cargo. If you are interested in coordinating providing us with Ore and help maintain a stock level I would be happy to provide access to AWE and ALG. I would also consider letting you have access to our stock levels if that would be helpful to you.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and we can potentially move forward.

Respectfully,
Dr. Ron Kosher
IMG Research
Director of Research

Good day Dr. Ron Kosher,

We would be happy to include Appleton Laboratory in our route for Beryllium Ore now that we've concluded our analysis of the market in the region. If we can provide any further assistance with maintaining base stock levels as well, we appreciate the opportunity to expand on the business with our inter-base trades.

Please let me know when access to the Docking area is available for AWE- and ALG- tagged craft and the goods will flow!

I look forward to many more profitable encounters based on our successful efforts to start this initial venture!

Sincerely,
Jeff Simpson

Greetings Mr. Simpson,

I have added AWE- and ALG- to our docking rights and look forward to working with you. I will send shortly information so that you can monitor stock levels at the base.

Respectfully,
Dr. Ron Kosher
IMG Research
Director of Research

[Image: Incoming-Transmission-blue.png]
[Image: Jeff-NSE-avatar.png]
[Image: RemoteImpishBlackbear-size_restricted.gif]

- ENCRYPTION »» ❄❄⚝❄❄

- RECIPIENT »» Dr. Ron Kosher, Director, IMG Research, Appleton Laboratory, Omega-3
- SENDER »» Jeff 辛普森 Simpson
- LOCATION »» Nebula Technologies
- SUBJECT »» An overdue re-acquaintance with IMGR colleagues

Greetings Dr. Ron Kosher,

I hope research in the mining sector on your Omega-3 facility is still going well. I must say the system does have it's share of hopeful base administrators and groups looking to establish a solid presence dealing in the mining riches of the Omega systems.

It's been some time since I knocked on your door asking for station docking rights as an enterprising Freelancer from AWE- so long ago.

Those days are behind me now with the company merging into an Interspace Commerce Corporation, and my choice to leave so I could continue to pursue the Freelancer lifestyle and opportunities.

That said, I was going through some old communiques and noted docking privileges at your base can probably be updated at this point, as there are no longer AWE- ships around. You could likely remove the ALG as well as I've not seen many of their ships around as of late either.

However, I'm flying with the Freelancers at Nebula Shipping Express, under the tag NSE|= .

If you are interested in pursuing business with this Freelancer corporation who specializes in high technologies, I encourage you to reach out to their CEO and Board, to see what opportunities are possible to enhance both groups.

I leave this up to you to pursue, given your close proximity to their operations in Cambridge though, it seems like a good fit, thus my decision to contact you today in at least presenting it for your review.

Either way, I'll likely still be seeing a lot of your research vessels in Omega-3 space, as we run supply day to day.

Safe skies out there.

Sincerely.

[Image: NSE.png]

Jeff Simpson
Logistics & Security Employee
Nebula Shipping Express

[Image: NSE-tb-e.png]