Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Malta Hyperspace Fleet | From: F. A. de Marco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION / TRASMISSIONE IN ARRIVO

[Image: Maltese-4-final.png]

Sender ID: Fiorella Arianna de Marco
Recipient ID: Malta Hyperspace Fleet
Subject: 'Rift Drive' Issue
Encryption: Medium

Malta Hyperspace Fleet,

A few months ago I managed to get a 'Rift Drive' from a group of freelancers known as the Starfliers and their drive works and it is capable of moving my vessel across several star systems at once. This is one of their first prototypes, however, and the drive's firmware does not communicate as it should with my navigation computer, leading to situations where it throws us off the coordinates we have put in and sometimes the navigation computer does not even know where we are - not an issue in a free open space with visible stars where we can quickly calculate our position again, but in dense nebulae and dark matter storms it can be quite a challenge.

While I am a woman of many talents, the software engineering is not one of them. I have tried to reach out to the Starfliers, but they are not available at this moment as they have been diagnosed with an acute radiation poisoning due to their long term exposure to Kepler's hostile environment.

I do know, however, that the Malta Hyperspace Fleet deals with more advanced technology and you probably have several capable engineers who would be able to diagnose the exact cause of the problem between the 'Rift Drive' and the navigation computer and write a software patch to correct these problems.

Let me know if you are interested and possibly when and where you can do this. Credits are not a problem.

Cordiali saluti,
Fiorella Arianna de Marco.

TERMINATING TRANSMISSION / INTERRUZIONE DELLA TRASMISSIONE

[Image: img]
Malta Hyperspace Starfleet
Incoming Transmission
To: Fiorella Arianna de Marco
Classification: Confidential

Hola,

This is an intriguing opportunity. We recently suffered damage to our engineering labs on Corsica, but we are constructing replacement labs on Alba station. If you can deliver your device there our technicians and engineers would be able to help. Without examining the exact issue it's difficult to say what the level of effort would be for remediation, but we can begin the investigation work before agreeing on payment.

For such technology often being able to examine it directly can be worth quite a lot.

Let us know when your ship and device have arrived, and I'll instruct our engineering division to get started.

Eduardo Montalban - Alpha Conqueror

[Image: transmission_end.png]

[Image: Maltese-5-final.jpg]

Recipient ID: Eduardo Montalban

Salve Signor Montalban,

The Amalfi has arrived and it is now moored at the station. We have disconnected the 'Rift Drive' and we are ready to receive your engineers and technicians.

Note that the vessel's interior and its computer systems have been heavily modified to suit our needs and these systems are laid our differently than in the original specifications. Me or my men will assist and guide your engineers as needed.

My chief engineer belives that there must be a partial incompatibility between our modified computer system and the jump drive itself. However, as I mentioned previously, we lack the brains to troubleshoot this issue.

Cordiali saluti,

[Image: img]
Malta Hyperspace Starfleet
Incoming Transmission
To: Fiorella Arianna de Marco
Classification: Confidential

Hola,

I apologize for the delay, but we have been quite busy managing repairs to Corsica and establishing our new labs on Alba Station. We are, however, finished with our initial investigations.

Your engineer was quite astute. There is indeed an incompatibility. Specifically the Rift Drive is using non-standard Layer 4 protocols. Your own modifications aren't a root cause of the issue, though they have proved somewhat of a challenge in the investigation. I have a team currently working on determining the exact protocol specification. Once that is one we will be able to provide a software level adapter that should allow your computer system to correctly interface with the rift drive.

Barring any unforeseen complications we should be ready for initial testing within the week.

Eduardo Montalban - Alpha Emeritus

[Image: transmission_end.png]

[Image: Maltese-5-final.jpg]

Signor Montalban,

I have not been using my Rift Drive for a while without any issues, so I believe that I can afford to wait a bit longer just to be sure that everything will be working as it intended.

Grazie for your reply, Signor Montalban, and keep me informed about your future progress, per favore.

Cordiali saluti,

Trasmissione in arrivo...

[Image: Fiorella_A_de_Marco_Large_Effects_DAA520-min.png]

Subject: Technical Question

Signor Montalban

I am glad and grateful that your research station was able to solve my technical problem with the Rift Drive some while ago - however, I would like to take advantage of your technological knowledge and ask you about a very remarkable device.

A few days ago I got my hands on several fully functional examples of the device known as the Ingenuus Power Cell - these are very powerful and compact power cores, but the power regulators my engineers have built so far are too slow and there are very high surges in the test circuits.

As you can imagine, this is not ideal for powering high power electronics aboard a starship. Do you have any experience with these highly advanced energy sources and especially with their power regulation, Signor Montalban?

Cordiali saluti,
Fiorella A. De Marco.

Interruzione della trasmissione.