Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: George Davids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Name: George Davids
Affiliation: The Order
Date of Birth: July 19, 798 AS
Place of Birth: Planet Pittsburgh, New York system

Early life: The son of lower-class workers, George Davids was born just outside the boron mining facility, one of many in the planet choked with intense dust storms. His family had to endure the harsh conditions, typical of the segregated lower classes and immigrants. For the first two years of his life he'd watch the bleak scenery of his home planet. Soon after the start of the Nomad War, however, his parents disappeared, never to be seen again. In fact, they were taken by the Nomad-controlled Navy to a top-secret prison in Alaska for one purpose: experimenting on Nomad incubi.

While his parents were taken away, his uncle, an uninfected Navy officer, took him to the prison. Later, he met up with a group of Order ships infiltrating the system and soon defected to the Order, flying away in safety from the hands of the Nomads and their pawns. He would be raised as a free man and would grow to resent Liberty for their unjust actions towards his family.

Later years: A naturally intelligent man, he was enlisted to the paramilitary in 814 AS. He learned everything he needed to survive in the hostile landscape of the Omicrons, including the basics of piloting. While still a student, the Nomads would come to wreak havoc on Planet Toledo three years onto his service. He was called up to defend and managed to escape unharmed with the rest of the Order, though his uncle perished in the fighting. Still, he had nothing to lose for, as he continued to serve the Order with a single goal in mind: to rid the Nomads that had taken his entire family. He would never learn of his family's fate, and over time he had gotten used to it.

His first action in the Order after the loss of Toledo was aboard the OCV Memphis, where he served as a technician. During the Memphis' service, he learned of the threat posed by the Core when the ship was destroyed in combat. He took command of the OCV Nubia in 824 AS, where it also became his new home. Since then, he has an unbending will to serve the Order and is known to be reserved in personality.

Entry Date: May 10, 829 AS
Subject: Happenings in Kepler

Kepler visit: The last time I left Liberty for good, Kepler was a fine system. Nothing too bleak or dangerous, except for some dark pockets outside the trade lanes.

This time, however, it was different. To my surprise, Kepler's become a shrouded mess of mystery. Initial scans into the dark matter cloud revealed some anomalies, though much of the data is corrupted, probably due to signal interference. The only thing that's certain was an eerie, but hard-to-perceive, presence. Thankfully, Ames somehow managed to withstand all of the effects of the dark matter cloud.

Upon my arrival, there was a Hacker who went by the callsign Hoarfrost. Didn't believe in my claim about the presence of some Liberty tech deep in the cloud, but I may as well attribute that to the signal interference. After convincing him of the possible Nomad presence, someone by the callsign Gossamer showed up. This one proceeded to doubt the Order's fundamental aspects, even going as far as "reasoning" with the Nomads. I'll add this one to my personal "Person of Interest" list, in case any further development occurs.

My primary purpose here is to investigate the strange happenings in Kepler and find any credible links that may explain all of these.

Hearsay: Hoarfrost talked about some hybrid half alien, half machine that intruded the perimeter near Ames, whose description corresponds to the known "Scorpion"-class warforms. By immediately recognizing the threat it posed, it soon became clear that there were indeed hostile entities, lurking somewhere in the dark matter cloud. Luckily, the Nubia, being a "Hathor"-class gunboat, was suited to the task; it had all the equipment needed to deal with these warforms.

Interestingly, to my surprise, a vessel identified as belonging to the Auxo appeared within Ames, but it had made no attempts to initiate hostilities towards the Nubia and its crew. A group of other Hackers, as well as a Rogue, came to join the already-swelling number. Eventually, due to the increasingly volatile situation, with accusations thrown around, I had the Nubia docked at Ames.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Hoarfrost also told me about a group known as "Section 8", which seemed to be an Order cell investigating the same thing as the Nubia does currently. I might look into that, sometime in the near future.

Entry Date: November 14, 833 AS
Subject: Events and Retirement

Incidents: It was horrible. A large group of Nomads and their thralls invaded Omicron Mu. Our initial strike force was disabled a few clicks near the edges of the system. Even with the so-called "Deterrence", I felt ashamed to watch as they dropped their largest assets only to be disabled. Fortunately, a response force from Akabat managed to handle the situation with minimal casualties.

Currently, I am on temporary retirement from military service, after I decided to continue my university studies in Akabat, partly due to the fact I was relegated to support duty after losing an arm to an incident a few months prior. Since then, the Nubia has been sitting on the hangar near my adopted home, gathering some old dust. I decided continuing on my education was the best way to go, so I raised some money transporting goods on a Bison transport my parents gave to me.

It was only a week ago when I asked my childhood friend, Marjorie Harrison, to take helm of the OCV Nubia. She's quite liberal, though she sees all aliens as threats. She loves to describe them as "freaks", especially those augmented with mechanical stuff. Though, if only she had manners on formal stuff, rather than repeating the phrase "hybrid abominations", I'd give her command of the larger assets. While I am not good at piloting stuff like gunboats, she has shown some talent. In the future, I'd expect her to observe the proper code of conduct.