Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Maltese Dons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION / TRASMISSIONE IN ARRIVO

[Image: Maltese-5-final.jpg]

Sender ID: Fiorella Arianna de Marco
Recipient ID: Council of Dons
Subject: New Trade Opportunities
Encryption: Medium

Caro Council of Dons,

I am Fiorella Arianna de Marco and some of you probably heard of me or met me in space, the rest of you did not.

I have been researching into our current distribution Network after a few talks with other Maltese in space to find out if anything changed for the better since the near destruction of Rochester. While some of our intermediaries proved to be helpful in the matter, the other were not as I had a difficulty in reaching for the Junkers and the Lane Hackers to find the proper answers.

Nevertheless, I have composed my report and had a discussion with others, yet there was an incident with the Rogues and the Legion which reaffirmed me in my findings - the is an ongoing reliability problem with some of our intermediares and the fact that there has been nothing done to secure Rochester from the further Xenos attacks.

As a result, I have continued searching for a solution for these issues and I had a meeting with the Xeno Alliance leader, where we have managed to formulate a preliminary trade deal between us.

It is a new ooportunity for us to expand upon and as they are more than willing to disrupt an artifact trade in Liberty, a help in our fight against the Corsairs, as the artifact trade is a source of income for them.
Any theoretical demand for the artifacts can be sated by the Malta Hyperspace Fleet with their own artifact dealings, bolstering our incomes even more.

While you may find this trade deal as a potentially risky venture, the benefits far outweight the risks involved as this will make our overall Cardamine business more robust as a result, disrupt the Corsair's source of income and make our trips to Liberty easier.

Cordiali saluti,
Fiorella Arianna de Marco.

TERMINATING TRANSMISSION / INTERRUZIONE DELLA TRASMISSIONE

[Image: C2i8k7I.png]

Saludos:

Alarcón here. I will go straight to the point. I do not like this arrangement, not one bit of it.

I do not desire to extend this point more than necessary, as this discussion was already settled by our Observadora; but I would like to emphasize my personal opinion on this regard. It would be an understatement to say that the relations with the despicable Xenos have always been rough ones, as their continuous meddling on the Cardamine distribution and their audacity to engage our brethren do not bold any hopes for a mutual least consideration. Nevertheless, I can agree on the new opportunities created by this meeting, even if it is a blatant display of weakness from the Maltese side. The unforgiving necessity to implement an additional unreliable intermediary, for the Cardamine trade, speaks highly of these modern times, where drastic changes must be done so we can secure the Orange Dream in Sirius. Aforenoted prejudice aside, De Marco took a risk and I can appreciate that, as our organization vouches the actions of those who want to make our society to progress. The preliminary draft of the arrangement seems agreeable and our organization will honor it, for the time being.

While it is true that the rest of intermediaries have gone into a convenient hibernation state, and considering that Cardamine flowed constantly during the last months, the recent issues that have arisen are of a pressing concern to all of us. Without a clear full consensus of the Inner Circle, the Lane Hackers are losing the willingness and authority to decrypt and manage the shadowy trade lane network properly; meanwhile the silence of the Junkers and their indifference towards Rochester do not vaticinate healthy negotiations for the future. Moreover, the Rogues and their chaotic nature to deliberately trying to take more control, even if it does imply nothing in the grand scheme of the Orange Dream, does show that several outside elements need to be properly chastened so they can fulfill their purpose accordingly.

Our so-called allies are forgetting that they have no chance at all to prosper if they abandon their masters. Furthermore, a significant number of intermediaries are Cardamine users too, and their delusions of grandeur can be ceased as soon as they believe they have a mere glimpse of dissension. Time will tell if the Xenos will be as beneficial as the others have been during so many years. Although, I wonder why these people are ready to negotiate now, after all this time.

One more thing to Fiorella Arianna De Marco, self-proclaimed “Maltese Representative” in this agreement: Since you mainly orchestrated this, remember that if a Maltese fall because of Xenos treachery; it will not be only by his or her incompetence but also because you made this possible. It would be irresponsible of me to respond for all Dons here, but remember that the Council of Dons is always watching and it would be unfortunate for you, if undesirable consequences occur because of this.

¡Por el Sueño Naranja!
Audaz Alarcón
Alpha Explorer

[Image: Kw5Crpx.png]

Recipient ID: Signor Audaz Alarcón
Subject: New Trade Opportunity

Caro Signor Alarcón,

I am well aware of the risks involved in this venture. My current plan is to risk only my clan's resources for it since we never truly recovered from the Rochester Incident, maybe join forces with someone else for the matter and see how well it will go.

This alternative trade route will be rather weak from the start and thus it would unadviseable for others to risk a bit too much in it.
Fortunately, this new deal changes very little for our current Network and you can continue trading as you are used to, well, aside from the fact that our transports and ship will not be shot by the Xenos first from now.

My apologies for getting ahead of myself and grazie for the support, Signor Alarcón.

Cordiali saluti,

[Image: grandpa.png]

COMM-ID: Arthuro Sforza V
Subject: Re: New Trade Opportunity
Priority: High

Good morning Fiorella,

It is my pleasure to meet a face I am not familiar with. I am Arthuro Sforza, the fifth head of the Sforza familia. I hope you are doing well.

Formalities aside, I will speak plainly with you, de Marco. I represent the Legión Maltesa as well as the Sforza family itself. I am certain you are aware of who the Legión is and have an idea of how we operate.

It is clear that such an idea seems almost outrageous to a number of other representatives considering our past with those Libertonians. I, of course, like my peers have doubts about the compatibility between our two groups in such business matters. I will be touching upon a few of the points you have made in your report.

First and foremost. It is an undeniable fact that our partnership with Rogues is showing cracks in the foundation. The new leadership has proven to be quite troublesome at times. Simply put, they are starting to bite the hand that feeds them. They have an overinflated idea of who they really are. They have fired upon one of the Legión's vessels seemingly without much of an idea of who they really are dealing with. I am not positive that it will end just at this. I cannot put my full trust in a rag-tag group of lowly individuals that do not possess the ability to see past themselves.

I am far from a spiteful individual. Any self-respecting Don should know that such a negative trait would be their downfall. However. Allowing the Xenos into our Cardamine network will be a reality check for them. Rogues should understand that they are not irreplaceable. I do not wish to cut out that group entirely, but, a lesson needs to be taught however harsh it may be. We should not be afraid to show our strength over them, if we remain as passive as we are with our tools, they will simply refuse to work for us out of arrogance later down the line.

Fiorella, did you consider asking them what they intend to do with Junker and Rogue transports that carry our product? I am not too well versed in their internal Libertonian strifes, it does not concern me much, however... the potential continuation of losing our shipments even during the partnership would be a grave... mistake, de Marco. I would find that out as soon as possible, if you were me, of course.

That aside. You may or may not be familiar with the fact that Legión has already attempted to negotiate such a deal with them before. A little over a year ago, if my memory serves right. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we could not establish their connection with us on such a scale.

Compatriota Fiorella Arianna de Marco, do you understand the consequences that you will face... should this venture of yours lead to a total failure? You look like a young smart woman with a long life ahead. The outcome of this is something that will impact your entire life. Are you able to answer me with confidence that you are prepared for everything that is to come your way should it all go wrong? Are you prepared to make sacrifices and compromises to make this partnership run smoothly?

If you can answer these questions truthfully and show us that you are competent, you can consider the Sforza Familia and Legión Maltesa as your allies. We will provide assistance to you and this investment every step of the way.

En servicio de Malta,
Arthuro "Muerte" Sforza V

Attachments: X

Recipient ID: Don Arthuro "Muerte" Sforza V
Subject: RE: RE: New Trade Opportunity

Caro Don Sforza,

I am well aware about your previous attempts in negotiation with the Xenos and it was these attempts which prompted me to negotiate with them once again as it was as a natural solution to our vulnerability with the Junkers' station Rochester and the ongoing issues with the Rogues.

The Xenos are starved for credits to fuel their free splinter nation and even they understand that any major disruptions would damage even their own share of the market as the consumer's confidence in Cardamine must not be shattered. Surely, they will intercept and destroy some of these shipments as they did in the past, but they will try to hijack and re-distribute shipments from the rest of them as it means even more income and influence for them.

We have discussed this issue during my meeting with the Xeno Alliance commander. They would shoot themselves in their leg if they tried to sabotage our trade now, especially when they will start disrupting the artifact trade. They will be competing with the Rogues and the Junkers, but their competition should not be disruptive for us at large.

I have made several arrangements and the first product they will receive in the coming month or two will be a surplus product to test their capabilities. If they will succeed, then they can receive shares from our harvests to supply the rising demand and expand steadily. If it starts to bother us during these first few months or even a few harvests, we can always cut these ties and carry on with our primary Network as usual.

I know the risks and the implications that might follow if this business venture will backfire severely, Don Sforza. I am betting my name, my wealth, my future, my family ties and perhaps even my own life into this deal. I am well aware that there is a no escape from such consequences and I have a lot to lose.

I will be overseeing the alternative Network personally, at least for now.

Cordiali saluti,

Recipient ID: Council of Dons
Subject: First Success and Changes

Caro Council of Dons,

It has been a while since I spoke with any of you through the communications about this new and controversial trade route, but I have some news to share with you.

First and foremost, the alternate trade route has achieved its first milestone and became operational and profitable on 22/05/829. While its current volume is practically non-existent in comparison to our main trade route, it is a success nonetheless.
While our freighter pilots are still perfecting their waypoints and schedules on this new trade route and effectiveness can still be considered a bit suboptimal than it should be, we are mostly limited by the Xenos' ability to handle larger volumes of Cardamine as they are still in middle of expanding their distribution operations. We can expect a sharp growth on this route as soon as these details will be sorted out.

However, it has not been without difficulties and the Xenos still have some ideological issues with our participation in a slavery. While they demanded that our ships will stop shipping slaves altogether, I have been able to negotiate a compromise and only ships participating in the alternate trade route will not be picking up any slaves on their route back to Malta.
While someone might point out my own opinions about the slavery and its is true that I consider it as a wasteful and outdated practice for a society like us, I have been approaching this issue pragmatically and I have concluded that Cardamine's distribution is more important than an ability or inability to import slaves to Malta, especially when it applies only to this new route.

I am well aware that this condition will mean that this new alternate route might be not as attractive for the more conservative plantation owners as the main route with the Rogues and the Junkers, it is still a viable route for those who do not need any new slaves at all like my clan, or they do not need as often at least.
After all, the cardamine trade expansion is more politically and economically important for us than a minor slave trade limitation.

That will be all from me now, Cari Dons and Donnas of Malta, and I will keep you informed if there are any other interesting developments.

Cordiali saluti,

[Image: 797PAYD.png]

Esteemed Dons and Señorita De Marco:

Before I get to the main part of this comm, I would like to make the proper congratulations to Fiorella Arianna De Marco for achieving progress on the business with the Xenos. From our organization, brave Outcasts took the opportunity to reach Ouray base and they successfully docked and delivered the cargo. It is expected, in the coming weeks, a rise on these trips and we will continue to monitor this type of operation, that will open us whole new possibilities. I was reticent at first, and I am still; I believe this will not change the current paradigms of our society as De Marco could hope, but the numbers look promising.

Now, the reason why I am delivering you this message. I have received a transmission from the Lane Hackers that I would simply refer to as…funny:

Quote:Good day representative of the Malta Hyperspace Starfleet,
My name is Franz Oberhauser.

Usually I'm only contacting the Outcasts with a positive topic, but this time it's not the case.

I witnessed that a pilot of yours with the transponder labeled HS>Asesino-3 is using Lane Hacker technology. I double checked our database and sadly was not able to find any agreement from us that we allowed your pilots to use any of our weaponry.

Would you mind sharing with us the agreement that was made or giving us an explanation as to how this has happened?

That would be all for now. Have a nice day.

Is this the Lane Hackers nowadays? The real image of them? Silence to the Outcasts and, after many months, a sudden message appears only to whine about some cheap weapons? Where is the work in the shadows? Interdiction reports? Even some progress report regarding their own goals so we can help each other retroactively? Decadence has run amok among them on unacceptable levels, it seems.

Do we need “agreements” with these people every time we need to move a finger now?

What comes next? A codex of rules to follow with them? “Enforcing laws”? Are we talking with the Lane Hackers or with Ageira?

Maybe we are not a political-centered organization; we do not intend to make changes like Hispania Imperial wants, or try to incorporate ideals like De Marco that could transform our Maltese society as a whole…but we know this: Maltese should kneel to no one.

If this lazy behavior continues to grow on their members, we should start the according procedures to force them to a restructuration; renovating or dissolving the current Inner Circle, or to leave this intermediary behind, if no effective solution is found. To start, Cardamine supply can be thinned to them, and we can privilege those willing to collaborate better. Any distribution loopholes should be strictly and adequately controlled. Also, there are several intermediaries ready to offer us similar services at the moment. Other ways can be achieved, as De Marco has proved us. Still, we need to investigate further our possibilities before making a real decision on the matter at hand.

¡Por el Sueño Naranja!
Audaz Alarcón
Alpha Explorer

[Image: Kw5Crpx.png]
Trasmissione in arrivo...

Recipient ID: Audaz Alarcón
Subject: Lane Hackers

Caro Signor Alarcón

This is the very reason why I have been focusing on finding new ventures for us - both to expand our influence and to increase our profits. Our intermediaries are probably longing for their good old days when we have been allowing them to boss us around.

However, keep in mind that if you will decide to discipline them, it might cost us something. They can disrupt some of our shipments and make our raids more difficult - so I would keep that in mind, Signor Alarcón.
Do not take this advice as my attempt to dissuade you - al contrario - but I would like to be sure that you and others will be prepared for such possibilities and make necessary arrangements to mitigate any losses on our end. Reckless actions are not our way, we cannot afford to make such mistakes.

Feel free to contact me more privately, Signor Alarcón, If you would like advice on any of your plans or decisions in this matter or something else entirely.

Cordiali saluti,
Fiorella A. De Marco.

Interruzione della trasmissione.