Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Meeting-of-the-Minds (Zoner Factions Only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This post is for Official and Unofficial Zoner factions only. This post is not for Independent Zoners to post in. We may have a separate post at another time and date for independent Zoners to voice their concerns inRP with events transpiring in Sirius space. Please, don't post here unless you're a leader in an official or unofficial Zoner faction. Thank you.

Meeting-of-the-Minds
Meeting of Official and Unofficial Zoner Faction Leadership
Bethlehem Station, Pennsylvania System

Zane stepped off the ladder on his VHF onto the deck of Bethlehem station and took a look around.

"Been a while since I was here. Should look up some old friends after our meeting, see if any of them are still lurking around here." Zane said as he began moving towards the administration offices. He had to double check to make sure the conference room he requested was indeed set aside for the meeting between the different Zoner factions.

"Good afternoon, sir!" said a blonde haired girl sitting behind an open receptionists window. "How can I help you today?"

"Zane McAllister, just verifying that the offices I requested set aside for a meeting are ready for us to head to."

"Of course sir! Let me see. Ah yes, here it is. One conference room to be set aside for Zane McAllister, Commander of the Zoner Defense Fleet. My, my that sounds important."

Zane smiled.

"The title sounds more important than it actually is, I assure you." Zane commented attempting to be modest. "Is the location ready for us to head into once we all start arriving?"

The bubbly attendant nodded her head like a bobblehead, a huge grin plastered over her face.

"Yes sir! You can proceed to the conference room! We've already taken the fee for reservation from your account and have set up refreshments in the room for the others when they arrive. Have a wonderful day!"

Zane smiled weakly and headed towards the room. "If that girl smiled any harder I was worried she was going to sprain something." he mumbled to himself as he walked down the hallway to his destination. He arrived at the small room and collected a glass of water before taking his seat. He opened his personal tablet to look through incoming reports from other ZDF pilots. He'd arrived several hours early to ensure everything was properly set aside and ready for the meeting.

In the meantime, he had some time to kill.

"Need to get to work on that report on Tau-29 and Baffin the other day...going to be one of the things I bring up during the meeting..."
Personal Retreat, Planet Erie

Grady was Doc's dearest and oldest friend and today he brought news of the conference on Bethlehem Station. When Doc wanted to be left alone, he shut down his generator to his old, rustic, western style home with almost no modern conveniences so it was that reason that Grady brought news the old fashioned way by driving out two hours to see him.
"Sounds important, Doc," he said to his friend over a cup of coffee.
"Indeed it does," Doc replied. "I know of them but I question their intentions...." He pointed skyward. "....BUT, we shall give them a listen." Putting his finger down, he went to his closet to get his robes.
"Yes, Ambassador Holliday has to go back to work."

Grady snickered. "And you once said it would take an act of God to get you back into those old robes." Doc only smiled and snickered in response as he ducked around the corner to get himself dressed. He was already clean from his morning swim in the lake.
Grady continued to jest his old friend, "I suppose next you will get married again."
Doc peaked his head around the corner, smiled and just said, "Shut up, Grady."
As Grady laughed, Doc spoke from around the corner as he dressed. "After Alyssa got me into all that trouble with Bretonia, after all those wedding plans we made for Elisabeth, I do not see that happening again."

The two men made casual conversation as he dressed in his old robes. His robes still had trim from his days as TAZ administrator. I wonder if TAZ will reply he thought to himself. They had been very quiet lately so he figured he would proxy for them as well as best he could. His hair was longer these days, just over the shoulder but a bit wavy. He added just enough gel to keep it well groomed. Underneath the robes were his holsters and pistols, concealed from all but easily accessible to himself as was his boot knife. Finally, after several minutes, he emerged ready to go. He stood before his old friend.

"Grady, thank you for the info. I have been needing this quiet. I should be back in a couple of days," he said to him.
"I will be here when you return," Grady answered, "you did say the fishing is great right now."
Doc smiled, "That it is."
Grabbing a small suitcase in one hand and a medical bag in another, he headed out for the shuttle he kept not far away. After a short power-up and systems check, he launched for the planetary docking ring and eventually Bethlehem Station.

Upon arrival at the station, he docked. Taking only his medical bag which doubled as a brief case, he met the blonde receptionist. They were not strangers to each other but it had been some time since they had seen each other. He smiled at the sight of her and presented her with a carnation. Her face lit up when she accepted it.
"Stacy, it is good to see you again," he said to her.
"Oh thank you, John. You are so sweet," she stated to him. She then placed the carnation on her desk and pointed toward the conference room, "You are expected in that conference room and there are people there already."
He took her hand and kissed its top, "Thank you , Stacy." He released her hand, "I will talk to you later." He headed to the conference room while Stacy watched him smiling brightly with a big sigh.
Zane looked to the clock hanging in the corner of the small conference room. It was about time for the meeting to start. The others would've begun arriving or would very soon. He switched his terminal from active to silent and finished up what remained of his paperwork. With any military, even a defensive fleet, there was always paperwork. It was like the age old adage said, "There are two things that are certain in life, death and taxes." but Zane always added a third item: Paperwork. Sure he had the authority to cut the red tape as it were and get straight to the point, but everything had to be annotated and recorded. Either for posterity or for CYA...covering your ass.

Zane sighed and spoke to no one in particular. He leaned back in the chair and stared at the ceiling.

"Could've just retired to Gran Canaria instead of giving myself more paperwork, but nooooo, Zane, you've gotta have a heart."

His tablet vibrated. Another message had come in for his review. He closed his eyes in silence before opening then and reviewing another report from Omega-48.

"Huh...now that's interesting." he said to no one in particular, lost once again in reading the reports.