Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: :> Amy West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission
[Image: jSsxCam.png]
[Image: IdkWPZ2m.jpg]

ID: Rear Admiral Asmodeus, Insurgency Navy
Recipient: Admiral West
Subject: The Insurgency

Loading Message
[Image: 8dsD8NP.png]

Good evening Admiral,

It is no suprise the Triton was able to fend off the Delaware with our combined help and might. The Insurgency has given a mighty battle cry and a stern warning to Liberty struck them deep to their core. However we must not let this blind us. Liberty will throw more ships at us and they are better funded. With Fleet Admiral Knight's absence, the loss of the Kansas system and our dwindling resources, soldiers ect. Do you not believe it wise to cut our losses and disperse?

[Image: so2aLXO.png]
Transmission Ends
Incoming Transmission
[Image: ndKvA3D.png]
[Image: mbnPBij.png]

ID: Admiral Amy West
Recipient: Rear Admiral Asmodeus
Subject: RE: The Insurgency

Loading Message
[Image: bcH8bL7.png]

Asmodeus,

I understand where you're coming from, and I won't lie that it is a hard question to answer.
Retreat was not really an option as part of the old Legion doctrine, something I've adapted for Gladius to account for the change in operational standards. Many veterans have informed me that they have no intention to leave Veracruz to the Navy, some Gladius, some remnant Harmony. At the same time, many others have also asked me whether we should retreat and reorganize. Frankly, I don't have a concrete answer because the defense is so disorganized that leadership seems to change with each offensive.

As it stands, I've told the people who have asked me before that they should do what they think is right. The Commander of the Triton has told me that they plan to go down fighting, as do a fair portion of my men operating alongside them. Others have notified me that they plan to make a fighting retreat to Magellan and scatter into the Barrier to regroup elsewhere. A handful have even told me they plan to surrender to the Technocrats, some to Crayter.

My orders these days only really give a bit of structure to the defense, but each Insurgent is their own. You have full command of your station, Asmodeus; I expect you to do what you must to see your objective out. From memory, you were somewhat of a wanderer when you can to the Commonwealth years ago, so I don't expect you'll have much trouble transitioning back; You have pretty generous operational limitations as it stands.

Wherever you go after Veracruz, hopefully it gives you what you need to keep up the fight.

Libera te ex Inferis.

West, out.

[Image: hyZyC81.png]
Transmission Ends
Incoming Transmission
[Image: jSsxCam.png]
[Image: IdkWPZ2m.jpg]

ID: Rear Admiral Asmodeus, Insurgency Navy
Recipient: Admiral West
Subject: The Insurgency

Loading Message
[Image: 8dsD8NP.png]

Good evening Admiral,

I had planned on going back as you say a "wanderer" but every step I take I want to feel as if I am moving forward and not backwards. Me and my crew will stay in the fight as long as we can and make a fighting retreat should we become overrun. I am not trying to jump ship to soon as we have heroic men and women like those on the Triton still carrying on. What will you do?

[Image: so2aLXO.png]
Transmission Ends
Incoming Transmission
[Image: ndKvA3D.png]
[Image: mbnPBij.png]

ID: Admiral Amy West
Recipient: Rear Admiral Asmodeus
Subject: RE: The Insurgency

Loading Message
[Image: bcH8bL7.png]

I plan to gather as much from Leniex's databanks as I can before the defense is broken, then enact a scuttling of critical outer portions of the station and disabling of the orbital thrusters, then a full shutdown of the entire station. My hope is that, with the station effectively reduced to wandering through the nebula, if the Navy even manage to find it, they'll pass it by in such a decrepit state.
As you may know, Leniex was critical to Gladius' effort to turn the technological tide against the Navy, but we never had the time or resources to do anything beyond surface level reinforcement. The Incursus will become host to that data, and once the defense at Veracruz collapses and the general retreat is sounded, we'll make for the Barrier.

If it goes well, my hope is that any Insurgent remnants can gather near Coronado, and we can begin planning from there. You are, of course, more than welcome to continue the fight with us.

Libera te ex Inferis.

West, out.

[Image: hyZyC81.png]
Transmission Ends