Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ZDF Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sender: Buck Owens, CEO Recipient: ZDF Command Location: Legacy Mining Platform Encryption: Normal

Ⓝ An NHI Official Partner

Dear Recipient,

Greetings Leo, I would like to seek verification on a new construction located approximately 3.3k from the mining zone in O-48. It seems to be transmitting a Zoner IFF but is built in illegal proximity to the mining zone. I was wondering if you had any knowledge of this installation and who the owner might be. I am deeply concerned as to the nature of this new construction as one of my contractors who was on a routine mining mission encountered a Red Hessian who seemed to be both guarding the base and the mining area in general. I will attach flight logs of the conversation.

[24.05.2022 18:03:15] RHM|Stefan.Lovenkratz: NHI vessel stand down and prepare
[24.05.2022 18:03:35] NHI-T>Willhelm_Gruber: What's up?
[24.05.2022 18:03:37] RHM|Stefan.Lovenkratz: well well well
[24.05.2022 18:03:55] RHM|Stefan.Lovenkratz: This is Hessian Territory my friend
[24.05.2022 18:04:04] NHI-T>Willhelm_Gruber: Can I help you?
[24.05.2022 18:04:16] Death: Caramba was put out of action by DTR-Nox (Mine).
[24.05.2022 18:04:23] CONSOLE: Possible cheating detected: MA|MNS-Vedetta
[24.05.2022 18:04:31] NHI-T>Willhelm_Gruber: This is disputed territory actually
[24.05.2022 18:04:54] RHM|Stefan.Lovenkratz: You need to vacate the area
[24.05.2022 18:05:05] RHM|Stefan.Lovenkratz: or be disabled
[24.05.2022 18:05:14] NHI-T>Willhelm_Gruber: I will for now
[24.05.2022 18:05:26] RHM|Stefan.Lovenkratz: you will for now ......and never return
[24.05.2022 18:05:44] NHI-T>Willhelm_Gruber: We'll see...
[24.05.2022 18:05:48] Death: DTR-CNS>Concordia was put out of action by D.I.E.-Scorpions (Gun).
[24.05.2022 18:05:56] RHM|Stefan.Lovenkratz: we certainly will

I would ask if you could provide verification if this installation is truly a Zoner base or if there is some sort of subterfuge being conducted here?
Yours Truly,
Buck Owens

[Image: eDqbVHu.png]
To: Buck Owens

CC: Cmdr. Zane McAllister, Zoner Defense Fleet

Subject: New Zoner Base

Greetings CEO Buck,
It is deeply concerning that this is happening. I have flown the Aponia to have a look at this base, and indeed it is very new. It was not there on my routine patrol flight last night.
We haven't received word as to who might own the base, or why it was place so close to the Mining Zone. But Hessians harassing traders and miners near the base and MZ is concerning.

I'll talk to Commander Zane, but the likely course of action we'll seek is to contact the base's owner. It certainly isn't one of ours and they'll have to explain themselves.

Regards

- Elysia Z. Aponia, Executive Officer

[3244796]
Encrypting feeds...
...encrypting location.
...clearing send buffer.
...finishing up.

Transmission Ended

[Image: Zylar-Freelancer-Comm2.gif]
To: Buck Owens, CEO

CC: Elysia Z. Aponia(XO); Zoner Defense Fleet

Subject: RE: New Zoner Base

Salutations Mr. Owens,

I'm not sure who Leo is, as we have no one in the ZDF at present with that name that is authorized to answer communiques such as this one, but I'll tack on to my 2ic's communication in regards to this.

ZDF, at present, have no laws or by-laws restricting the building of any stations near mining zones. This is mostly because ZDF do not participate in mining ventures unless to protect other Zoners that may be interested in doing so. As such, we have no stake in preventing bases from being built in those areas.

Also, I wanted to state that while ZDF operates out of offices on Gran Canaria, we have no say in who builds or doesn't build bases within Omega-48. We do have a say who builds within the NFZ however, which is no one. However, I'm a little puzzled as to why Hessians would be operating out of a Zoner operated base near a mining zone. This is concerning to us. We will reach out to the station administrators and make sure that they are all okay and haven't been taken hostage by pirates or any other nefarious parties. We will react accordingly to any responses we receive.

I thank you for your communique and we will be investigating anon.

Salutations, sir.

- Zane McAllister, Commander
Zoner Defense Fleet Forces

[3244796]
Encrypting feeds...
...encrypting location.
...clearing send buffer.
...finishing up.

Transmission Ended

Sender: Buck Owens, CEO Recipient: Cmdr. Zane McAllister Location: Legacy Mining Platform Encryption: Normal

Ⓝ An NHI Official Partner

Dear Commander McAllister,

I humbly apologize for my communications officers lack of proper contact information. He has been reprimanded and demoted to latrine duty for the next 30 days. It has been a few days since my last report to you regarding the new base near the mining zone in 0-48. I am hoping that there is not some sort of hostage situation there or other nefarious business being conducted around the installation. I was wondering how your investigation was proceeding and I have recently acquired some new information that might help in that regard. My cousin Harry, who also happens to be a Zoner, was working on supply runs to my base as per our contract arrangement when he was approached and contacted by another vessel. Unfortunately, as docking procedures had already been initialized, Harry was not able to get a visual scan of said vessel. I will attach the communications log that was forwarded to me.

[26.05.2022 17:14:00] 2022-05-26 17:14:01 SMT Traffic control alert: Harry_Palmer has requested to dock
[26.05.2022 17:19:00] Chap.Stewie: Hello friend
[26.05.2022 17:19:14] Harry_Palmer: Greetings!
[26.05.2022 17:20:17] Chap.Stewie: can you help me out with something please?
[26.05.2022 17:20:20] 2022-05-26 17:20:21 SMT Traffic control alert: Harry_Palmer has requested to dock
[26.05.2022 17:20:31] Chap.Stewie: I need shipments of hull segments from madeira base here in o48 to my POB near the berylium field
[26.05.2022 17:20:38] Chap.Stewie: can you help me please? I can pay you
[26.05.2022 17:20:40] Harry_Palmer: What's that?
[26.05.2022 17:21:22] Harry_Palmer: Sorry, can't help with that.
[26.05.2022 17:21:24] Chap.Stewie: oh ok

I hope this new information helps with your investigation.

Yours Sincerely,
Buck Owens

[Image: Zylar-Freelancer-Comm2.gif]
To: Buck Owens, CEO

CC: Elysia Z. Aponia(XO); Zoner Defense Fleet

Subject: RE: New Zoner Base

Salutations Mr. Owens,

We recently sent a communication to the base to ensure that our Zoner brethren are okay onboard the station. Pirates running sorties from the base isn't against Zoner law after all, as we maintain neutrality unless threatened. However, if we do not hear back from this base within a set time limit, we will consider the base lost and will not defend it if it comes under attack from other parties.

Time will tell which is the case. Until then, we advise avoiding contact with the base until we find out more information.

- Zane McAllister, Commander
Zoner Defense Fleet Forces

[3244796]
Encrypting feeds...
...encrypting location.
...clearing send buffer.
...finishing up.

Transmission Ended