Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Med Force Enterprises [PRIORITY]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
$Solatra@NinthWind >> neuralnet comm priv "comms@MFE"
Neural Net Protocol: Searching...
Neural Net Protocol: Channel located.
Neural Net Protocol: Initializing stream.

[Image: MSyjAnE.png]

Hey there. You don't know me, but I've heard of you guys. My name's Siara--I'm a representative for an independent commune out in Roussillon called Andorra Haven.

I'm reaching out to you 'cuz you seem like the people in this corner of the universe who are most able to help out a small community like ours. Y'see, we're anarchists, and we're trying to make a community that's away from the politics and corruption of the rest of Sirius. Sorta like what Zoners do, though we don't use their moniker for honestly complicated reasons, and I ain't here to talk theory at the moment.

The point is that at the moment, we've got only one doctor on the station. This is well and good if we're only dealing with a handful of people getting sick every now and then, but we've had a few moments with people with pretty nasty wounds lately from a variety of sources, and right now we've got like three people in critical condition because of a fight that broke out. Our one doctor has her hands full and we need help.

In the long term, we need more doctors, people who are willing to work with us in the community who are willing to accept compensation in ways other than monetary. Because we're anarchists and this is a commune, we don't use credits on the station, so we need people who'd basically be willing to volunteer. In the short term we need people who can come on station and help us keep these people alive, 'cuz I ain't too sure that one doctor with a handful of inexperienced nurses is going to get us very far.

This is kinda a crisis for us at the moment, so if y'can help us in any way at all, then I'd really like to hear sooner than later. I hear you guys are willing to help a lot. It would mean the world to us if y'could spare anything for us. I'm not sure what we can offer in exchange, but we can talk about that. I'm open to negotiation.

Siara out.

$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> return
Neural Net Protocol: Process terminated.
$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> logout
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Siara Solatra

Good Evening, Miss Solatra,

I am Dr. John Henry Holliday, founder of Med Force Enterprises. It sounds like our people have one thing in common and that is living away from the houses and their laws. I am certain our ways of making it happen are the same but we will also have differences but that is not what this is all about.

You request some medical help, namely, some staffing and of course the equipment and supplies that would come with them. You will not be the last group of people who will make this request. It will take a little time at least to get a staff together who is willing to make this deployment. I will begin that process. In the mean time, I have a few questions. Your answers will determine what precautions will be taken.
I am not very familiar with Rousillon. I would like to know who resides there and what conflict we may find ourselves in upon arrival as I really do not want to send my people to their deaths.
I often use a rotational system so does having a different crew every, say, six month present a problem for you? Some of my staff have families and need to return to them.
What environmental hazards are there in Rousillon? You know, anomalies, radiation and such. That factors how long I keep people there.
Do you have issue with them carrying sidearms? I at least want them to have the ability to protect themselves should it be necessary. They are trained in their use.

The staff I do send will be nothing short of professional and will be educators as much as they are doctors and nurses. Mark my word that your own staff will be many times better after working with them. So if you can provide me the information I need we can get this ball rolling. I look forward to your reply.

With respect,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
Med Force Enterprises
$Solatra@NinthWind >> neuralnet comm priv "comms@MFE"
Neural Net Protocol: Searching...
Neural Net Protocol: Channel located.
Neural Net Protocol: Initializing stream.

[Image: MSyjAnE.png]

Hey there Doctor Holliday. Glad to see you getting back to me so soon, it's a big relief. The patients are stable, but they ain't improving much with our limited ability to treat them.

To answer your questions in order: first of all, Roussillon is a system pretty out of the way, also known as Tau-115. Y'won't find much in the way of big conflict here, but the local groups are a colorful bunch. We've got the Maquis on one end and the remnants of the Gallic Royalists on the other, along with an honestly kind of creepy number of nomads that we ain't quite sure where they come from. The Maquis we have an accord with, so I'm pretty sure they won't bother you. Royalists won't like any Sirians, but they're also pretty toothless and we've waved 'em off with little more than toothpicks in the past, so I don't think they'll pose much trouble either. The nomads are the scary ones.

A rotational system doesn't bother us at all, especially considering we're still a fresh facility that's getting used to our own band of misfits. The more important thing is that we get hands able to help--by the time six months pass we'll all be much more on our feet, and hell, we may even have doctors who are staying more permanently. Anything could happen in that time.

Roussillon ain't too hazardous a system when it comes to natural stuff, just a gas cloud and a few rings of ice asteroids. The star's a brown dwarf, so it's pretty cool and doesn't put out too much radiation at all. The main hazards are a couple of decommissioned minefields around the jump holes with some live ones still lurking in there, but there ain't enough to really pack a punch if y'have a shield that's even slightly functional. We fly past 'em all the time in our supply transports and they never cause a scare.

Lastly, as far as sidearms go, we're firm believers that everyone has the right to defend themselves, so you're more than welcome to carry them. As long as you don't start any fights, we won't be annoyed. I recommend your people read up on our full list of rules, which y'can find on our public neural net channel.

I'm sure that your staff and the education they can provide our people will be invaluable to us, and I'm looking forward to seeing them come in out here. Thanks for everything Doctor Holliday, you're literally a lifesaver.

$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> return
Neural Net Protocol: Process terminated.
$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> logout
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Siara Solatra

Miss Solatra,

Please excuse my delay in responding but I wanted to reply with good news. It is not difficult to find volunteers for even tough duty and this was no exception. I have a team of two surgeons, two nurses and two combat medics ready to make the trip. It may not be a lot but when you consider that your people will learn much from them, it will only make things better. Right now, they are in Baffin getting ready so I can have them to you in a couple of days if needed. Let me know and I will send you a flight plan for them.

Respectfully,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
Med Force Enterprises