Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Starfliers, From: Lucian Perez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
>> Sender: Lucian Perez
>> Receiver: The Starfliers
>> Subject: An unorthodox job

To whomever reads this,

Your organization has a reputation of performing a wide variety of jobs, supposedly all over Sirius, without asking too many questions. I am curious to see if there are any merits to this reputation.
How open are you to getting creative?

Regards,

Captain Lucian Perez

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

[Image: unknown.png]
Leon Vicci
To: Lucian Perez

Hello there, name's Leon. I run the Starfliers.

It's no surprise that this company has been heard about from every corner of the sector. You have heard right, we have done jobs all over Sirius, minus a handful of places.

In terms of "wide variety of jobs," let's say I like to keep the public facing image of the Starfliers on the lawful side, however I'm getting the impression you're after something else.

What do you have in mind? Time is short for us as we are preparing a research fleet for an expedition.

As always, Godspeed

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

Well met Leon,

Your impression is correct. As you might have heard, Liberty is currently launching an all out assault on the Insurgency in Vespucci.
I intend to 'liberate' something fairly large from the Liberty assault, but I'll need somewhere to store it. Preferably somewhere far away from Liberty, or any other House for that matter.

It is my hope your organization might be able to 'reserve' such a spot for me with an appropriate party, in return for appropriate compensation of course.

Don't let my business like tone mislead you mister Leon, lives are depending on this.

Regards,

Captain Lucian Perez

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

Leon Vicci

Before I make any accommodations, I might need a little bit more information than liberating something "fairly large." I may also need to let you know that any attempts to use our station in Kepler is futile as only a skeleton crew remains to keep things running. The rest of us reside out in the western Omegas while we look for a new home system. If this changes your plans, there's not much else I can do.

We appreciate life, however I do not want a single ship flying under the Starfliers to get dragged into any sort of fight. What do you plan to liberate? Must be fairly important.

As always, Godspeed

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

Leon,

Before we go into that I feel obligated to emphasize the nature of the job, that being 'reserving' a spot at a third party. While I assume your mention of Kepler is more out of a serviceminded personality than anything else, it is far too close to house space. Besides, as you mentioned, it is not properly equiped to deal with something of this size.

I will be frank with you, mister Leon. I am the captain of an Arbiter class battleship and responsible for the lives of my crew. We are currently part of the last defense against Liberty here in Vespucci, but once the evacuations are complete I plan to see my crew live to fight another day. Needless to say only an organization that could actively produce and maintain battleships of their own could have a feasible chance at repairing such a large vessel, hence the need for your services as an intermediary.

I imagine your operations in the Omega's would only suit this particular job, you know the locals and what they're capable of better than anyone here in Liberty.

As for keeping your organization out of trouble, noone needs to know of your involvement, nor do we require a babysit. Provide me with a location and we'll take care of getting there ourselves.

Regards,

Captain Lucian Perez

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

Leon Vicci

I do know the locals, and a space where one could sit down and prepare a meeting of sorts. Kepler is too close to House Space, I agree. The only reason I mentioned it is due to the storm being able to hide whatever this ends up turning into. Being one system away from both Liberty and Kusari, yeah, for something like this, you'd need a location that's a bit more covert.

I know of a Freeport hidden within a field in the eastern Omega Border Worlds, nearby to a pulsing Neutron Star. If you keep far enough away it won't cause too much of an issue. A good spot to setup a meeting with another group. Would you have me contact this other party?

As always, Godspeed

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

Leon,

The location you describe does indeed sound remote enough to suffice as a meet up location, though you mention a field. What type of field are we talking about, and is there enough room for such a large vessel to maneuver around this Freeport?

I would ask what party you had in mind, but I suppose beggers can't be choosers. Go ahead and set up the meeting mister Leon, I doubt we'll be able to stay in Vespucci for much longer.

Regards,

Captain Lucian Perez

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

Leon Vicci

Light asteroids, nothing too dangerous. The station in question is quite small, if you have a strong enough docking arm that can hold a standard unit of atmospheric pressure, I'm sure you'll be fine. Like I mentioned before, the Neutron Star is the real threat. Keep your distance.

Once I got confirmation from this other party to meet in Omega-41, I will send another message under this frequency. Is your vessel Rift-Jump capable? To avoid flying through the Houses, especially Bretonia at this time, it may be necessary to obtain such technology. We have the means to setup a beacon as a destination once we reach that stage.

As always, Godspeed

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

Leon,

Thank you for the update, if the asteroid field is as sparce as you say they should prove not to be a problem.
We have sustained considerable damage but my engineers reassure me that the docking clamps will hold without issue.

As for this 'rift jumping' idea of yours, perhaps if the Torment was in prestine condition this would be possible, however given the damage we have sustained I wont be asking my crew to take that risk. We'll make our own way to the system, dangerous as it may be. Any intel you might be able to provide regarding safe routes through Rheinland for example would be highly appreciated. Bretonia seems a little 'too hot' right now as many of the evacations are also going in that direction.

Regards,

Captain Lucian Perez

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION

Leon Vicci

May have jumped the gun a bit, assuming your ship could operate a device capable of generating a wormhole. I mean in no way to endanger you or your crew.

Regardless of how you look at it, breaking through Texas seems the only way, no matter how big the Navy fleet is. My advice, use the Gates, but fly in straight lines between them. Ageira does say it's safer to use the gates for travel, and as much as I'd like to jump you to the Freeport myself, to survive the trip I would say to use them.

Our intel of Rheinland is not much, what we have covers areas that aren't along the path to Omega-41. Good luck out there. We'll see you soon.

As always, Godspeed

STARFLIERS COMMUNICATION
Pages: 1 2