Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NWB| - Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: X02O5Lt.png]

Greetings,

feel free to post the feedback to this faction in this thread.

Important links:

First off, glad to see a new (hopefully active) faction in Rheinland. I wish you the best of luck.

As for feedback: The logo, while well made, is rather uninspired, especially for a political movement that strives for great changes to Rheinland politics, economy, and politics. The current logo is just the usual Rheinland eagle. Nothing special about it, no difference to the eagle used currently by the Rheinland establishment. Seems like a missed opportunity.
(06-04-2022, 04:51 PM)Toaster Wrote: [ -> ]First off, glad to see a new (hopefully active) faction in Rheinland. I wish you the best of luck.

As for feedback: The logo, while well made, is rather uninspired, especially for a political movement that strives for great changes to Rheinland politics, economy, and politics. The current logo is just the usual Rheinland eagle. Nothing special about it, no difference to the eagle used currently by the Rheinland establishment. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Thank you for the feedback Smile

About the logo:

It is a remade version of the original, NPC-Faction Bundschuh logo which looks like this:

[Image: 6TdH9BE.png]

Moreover, Rheinland never used this eagle as their logo, as far as I remember. Its "symbol" has always been its flag, both for the federal government:

[Image: Flag-rheinland.png]

and the imperial government:

[Image: Flag-rheinland-imperial.png]

Maybe you are referring to its coat of arms:

[Image: RheinicCoatOfArms.png]

But that is the imperial eagle used by the German Empire. The only other eagle I remember was used by the BDM, which used a de-nazified version of the Reichsadler.

I am, however, very open to changing the logo. I love the VWA| logo, for example so if any graphics expert wants to have a commission I am open to that Smile

I hope that cleared up your concern ^^
Yes, the eagle is not the actual flag/logo of Rheinland, but it is/was used by the imperial government (even if it's just a lazy import of the German Empire's coat of arms). It's also featured on many Rheinland bases (though usually as the two-headed version). Clearly, it's a major symbol of Rheinland. Therefore, using just it, even if it was the original logo of the faction, seems uninspiring. It doesn't state anything about the faction other than "we're Rheinlanders."

Something that actually serves as a statement for what the political faction is about would be more interesting. That's my two cents anyway. Everything else looks great and I look forward to interacting with the faction the next time I feel depressed enough to enter Rheinland.
What alternatives would you suggest then?
(06-05-2022, 01:55 PM)Toaster Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the eagle is not the actual flag/logo of Rheinland, but it is/was used by the imperial government (even if it's just a lazy import of the German Empire's coat of arms). It's also featured on many Rheinland bases (though usually as the two-headed version). Clearly, it's a major symbol of Rheinland. Therefore, using just it, even if it was the original logo of the faction, seems uninspiring. It doesn't state anything about the faction other than "we're Rheinlanders."

Something that actually serves as a statement for what the political faction is about would be more interesting. That's my two cents anyway. Everything else looks great and I look forward to interacting with the faction the next time I feel depressed enough to enter Rheinland.

I think we just have a different view. I never actually assigned the symbol of an eagle to Rheinland. It was never a prominent thing used by players from what I've seen and the NPC Bundschuh simply did have that very eagle shown above. Since this faction views itself as a rebirth of the Bundschuh, taking a new stance on the original symbol seems reasonable in my eyes. Maybe in some time, another symbol will come up. Until then, I'm eagerly awaiting any interaction with you. Smile