Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nathan James | Info & Internal Logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ckFa2RV.png]

Basic Information:

First Name: Joshua
Middle Name: Jeffrey
Last Name: Chandler
Date of Birth: 03-03-789 A.S.
Height: 195cm
Weight: 95kg

Classified
[Image: BjOHVrS.png]

...accessing_liberty_navy_secondary_fleet_ship_database...
...entry_#2346_lns_nathan_james...
...access_granted...

Classified

...exiting_liberty_navy_secondary_fleet_ship_database...
...entry_#2346_lns_nathan_james...
...closed...
...accessing_personal_database...
...entry_log#001...
...access_granted...
...recording_started...

[Image: uBiUGem.png]

Log #001

Captain's log, entry one. So... basically, we had a fulfilled day today. I was hoping to get some more information, intel on the so called Liberty Free Republic. I managed, somehow, after these years to get in touch with an old buddy of mine, Kevin. As I've heard, he became a part of the Junkers, I wouldn't figure otherwise since he was a pretty good welder back at Pittsburgh. So it's natural that he'll remain in the scrap and metal business. I managed to organize a meeting with him, the place where he wanted to meet was a terrible idea, but I had to shed some light on my answers. The RP was in Ontario, behind a wreck of Fort Severn. Fortunately, after I've returned to my command post, I've learnt that my ship received some upgrades while I was absent, a cloaking device. That would sure make our way through Ontario go unnoticed.

[Image: rRuIiNj.png]

But of course, universe had other plans. I waited around for Kevin to appear, I had no idea how far was he from RP or was he killed on it's way... After a couple of hours of waiting, RO detected a transmission nearby, coming from another vessel. Scanners showed nothing and as I was afraid, a warship decloaked. It was now apparent that Kevin probably got spooked by these guys on his way here, maybe he has ran into them, maybe they've killed him... I don't know, I had to think of my crew and my ship from that moment. It was a Liberty "Interdictor"-class Assault Battlecruiser, callsign FRS-Roanoke. Another fighter appeared, callsign XA-Cobra. I figured out we're in deep trouble, not the kind of thing we came for... I've tried to talk my way out of it, by being honest in order to show them that I'm not here to fight but it was fruitless. I didn't tell them the complete truth, I knew they probably had relations with Liberty Free Republic but I've just met them and I don't trust them. I've heard Xenos are tough nuts to crack, but I didn't expect them to be this ignorant. Luckily for us, that was an Interdictor, a vessel we're very familiar with, we fought battles alongside it so we knew it's flaws, one thing that was worrying me, we had no clue was it modified in any sort except that they had a cloaking device as well, so I ordered to bring weapons online just in case, I wanted to make my escape, not to get in a war with potential allies. We were fairly confident in Nathan James as we proceeded to maneuver in the asteroid fields, their chase took some time, on couple of occasions we were forced to open fire and de-shield the Interdictor as it got too close to us, eventually they gave up which gave us a small margin of time to cloak again.

[Image: 8Aa5Drx.png]

I've set course for a place where barely anyone goes, avoiding all Navy and other pirate patrols. We will remain here for couple of days maintaining radio silence, monitoring the communications and chatter of the Navy. I'm not sure if those Xenos will maybe send a transmission to the Navy in order to mock them about a 'rogue' cruiser, let's hope that they wont.

...recording_terminated...
...closing_entry_log#001...
...closed...

Tides of Change

A short beep could be heard across the internal radio indicating a ship-wide announcement. This is your Commanding Officer speaking, all crew, gather in the cargo bay for a meeting. Another short beep could be heard ending the announcement.

[Image: Tg6nitg.png]

As crew gathered and fell in line in the cargo bay hold, CO Chandler was standing in front facing all crewmembers along with his XO Jamison on his right side and CMC Daniels on his left side. Shortly after all crew was in line in front of him, CO started speaking.

I'll be honest with you people, probably plenty of you know why are we here maintaining radio silence for days now. I've been working a plan along with my officers, but before that, we got some matters to finish. He took a deep breath, glancing from left to right, eyeing all his crewmembers. Tomorrow, we begin a part of our new journey. Tomorrow, I will make a last stop on Planet Houston to resupply and refuel. I will also hand out this paper.

He extended and raised his hand, showing both sides of a blank paper while holding a pen in his other hand. Everyone who wishes to step down from his position on Nathan James, you'll write your full name and we'll leave you on the planet to get assigned to another warship. And as most of you, the older crew know... Tomorrow we're stepping down from our duties in Liberty Navy Secondary Fleet and heading on our new path with Nathan James. As you all know and see for yourself, this Liberty is not what we fought for, what we bleed for, what some of us died for... The corruption originating from the infamous police department has spread its rotten roots across every Liberty branch. We who stay on this vessel from tomorrow on, we chose not to serve under that filth and we chose liberty.

He took another deep breath and started speaking once more but in a calmer tone. You're all free to choose your path and your liberty. Everyone will have a choice tomorrow, I will not force anyone to follow me on this path, but I will lead everyone who chooses to... Nobody is gonna hold any grudges or anything against crewmembers who sign the paper. I also would like to thank everyone including the people who sign the paper, for your service and trust in me all these years. CO nodded the crew and proceeded towards the exit door.

XO stepped forward and told the crew to carry on. You heard him people, dismissed.

...entry_log#002...
...access_granted...
...recording_started...

[Image: XdajXxl.png]

Log #002

[Image: bcD1kxd.png]

Captain's log, entry two. Today, we've successfully arrived at Galveston Outpost to change our transponder and refit the ship. One of my oldest and most trusted friends contacted me the night before I've told my crew the news. The said friend was a member of my strike group when we were battling for Planet Leeds and Los Angeles back in the day. He has successfully defected to Insurgency after the Liberty Navy decided to strike Separatists. He assured me that my crew and my vessel will be safe at Galveston to change the transponder so we can proceed on our new path.

To my surprise, only five members signed the paper and decided to stay on Houston. All of them were newer members of the fleet, young blood to do Liberty's dirty jobs. I just hope they keep themselves alive and I hope we will manage to avoid meeting them in battlefield, those are some good young men. I don't judge them, they're still young and probably have families living in Liberty. Some of my crew that have families managed to get their families on ships transporting refugees from Planet Veracruz, luckily, I have liquidated my house and assets back in Liberty so I was able to provide some additional funds for them so they could transport them safely out of this rotten place.

For now, we'll remain at Galveston until the preparations are done, most of the Insurgency fleet are still in Vespucci, making the last stand as I've heard. Until we receive some news from them, we'll keep an eye on corporations supplying the Liberty Navy and it's other agencies, intercept them and destroy the supplies they're hauling.

Also, haven't heard any communications or anything to be honest, about those Xenos we've encountered back in Ontario so I'll keep an eye on them as well, maybe they'll be more reasonable and talkative now. We will see... Until next time.

...closing_entry_log#002...
...closed...
...entry_log#003...
...access_granted...
...recording_started...

Log #003 - A necessary upgrade

Captain's log, entry three. Since our previous encounter with the already mentioned Roanoke, we've met the ship again. This time, It was near the Colorado jumphole in Ontario. I was just warned not to pass there anymore without permission from the Commander. I guess I'll be contacting him then. I do not wish to get more enemies than I can handle. For now, they're enemies of my enemies. But, as he was a bit stubborn last time, we've decided to have a backup plan in case he denies us the permission.

[Image: zUiuJsi.png]

I've sent one of my trained officers, Lt. Commander Reece of my special response team, undercover as a Freelancer to buy us a Jumpdrive from Canary Wharf Station. We used a spoof account, one of my tech guys is quite skilled with this, and sent a transmission to their administration, to deliver it on Cordova Shipping Platform in Magellan. My engineers, after some research and planning, decided that a Jumpdrive Module Mk II would be the proper fit without overloading our core. I've left that assignment to them to work out, since I don't have a lot of knowledge around science. With this, if Alliance Commander denies us a permission, we can just jump few systems and avoid a direct contact with them.

[Image: pRlO4O3.png]

They've contacted with engineers and scientists at Fort Leniex while we were traveling towards there and figured out a plan to properly install it and secure it.

[Image: kkXQyay.png]

As we got closer in radio range, we were instructed to park in Drydock 03 for the installation process. They said it should last 2-3 days, so I gave my crew some time off before we test it. Let's hope we don't blow up.

[Image: cPnRXJR.png]

...closing_entry_log#003...
...closed...
...entry_log#004...
...access_granted...
...recording_started...

Log #004 - Testing

Captain's log, entry four. We've received news that the Jumpdrive installation was finished and it was successful, my engineering team and the one on Leniex really did a great job. I had no doubts in any of the teams, they looked certain while planning. It was long two days, I'm glad it's finished. Now, the next phase was about to start. Installing the Jumpdrive was just the first phase, we had to test it. I decided to move a bit away from Fort Leniex, just in case anything goes south, we don't damage the station. First, we entered coordinates of a place where we want to jump to, we went with Kepler for start, since one of our contacts likes to meet up at Ames and we did not receive a permission from Alliance Commander Cobra to traverse through Ontario. His decision was reasonable, he has barely any knowledge or trust in us. We inputted the coordinates and started the charging sequence...

[Image: kcRZBwK.png]

I must say it was terrifying, the sounds and the whole ship shaking as the jumpdrive was charging itself. It was expected since we're bending space and time, but in reality it's a whole different story. As soon as it charged to a hundred percent, it went to a complete silence, just a low buzzing sound of our reactor. I gave the order for a jump. As soon as my XO gave the command, light from outside shined so bright we all had to look away.

[Image: lWvdxwm.png]

The lightness reached it's maximum and then it went all dark. I was expecting another surge of light, but then I realized we're in thick Kepler nebula. I glanced around the bridge, to check if everyone was okay. After I confirmed everyone was good, I went over the radio to check up on my crew and all departments, told them I want a damage report. During the next minute, I received a word from every department that we're all good. Our ship is intact and nobody got hurt in the process.

[Image: PVAxAMP.png]

We've set course for Colorado jumphole, we were quite far away from it. Nothing odd since we've obtained these coordinates from an old friend, they were outdated a bit but it's better than having no coordinates at all. The process behind obtaining such coordinates is a heavy task, we'd need another transport to go along with us just to fuel the survey module which gets us the coordinates.

[Image: DlucOg8.png]

We've remained in the asteroid fields in Colorado for few more hours to do checks on our systems, since we had to test it once more and jump back to Vespucci. After we got green lights from the tests, we've proceeded to charge the device again. Same unpleasant noise and surge of light again, I've grabbed my XO and rested my hand on his shoulder as we were about to jump again.

[Image: 0he9249.png]

In a blink of an eye after the light surge, we were in Vespucci again. Quite astonishing device, I knew it was already being used for some years now but I've never experienced a similar thing in my lifetime.

I've set course back to Fort Leniex, engineers on the site wanted to double check everything after these two jumps and I've ordered a full sweep of the ship for any signs of damage.

Until next time.

...closing_entry_log#004...
...closed...