Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: IMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Bx6BQRO.png]

To whom it may concern;

My name is Katherine Pennybrooke, I am a freelance explorer and researcher from Cambridge.

I have an inquiry that's probably a bit out of the ordinary. My research vessel, which has been my home as well as my workplace for over ten years now, is a T-833-GB Ahoudori-class exploration gunship. I can navigate its interior blindly, I can diagnose most of its problems by sound, and I have a fair amount of experience wielding it in combat.

Now, I have recently come into possession of a fighter, and the somewhat embarrassing reality is that I don't really have any idea how to fly it, beyond basic controls. The Guild operates in the dangerous Taus and Omegas and some of your enemies are considered among the best pilots in Sirius, so clearly you know how to fight.
I was wondering if you can offer some sort of crash course in fighter operation to a middle-aged woman with next to no experience?
I prefer working outside the houses and have some difficult history with some of the other parties that might offer a service like this, so my options are somewhat limited, and I have been working in the Tau and Barrier region lately, so you seemed a natural party to contact.

Naturally, I'm willing to pay for such a service. I'm fortunate enough to have been born into great wealth, so the price won't be an issue.

~ Katherine

[Image: 7bYxynB.png]
-transmission refresh-
-transmission refresh-
¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

[Image: WrCKq84.jpg]

¤ LOCATION: Falkland Base, Tau-37
¤ COMM-ID: Jessica Hudson
¤ TARGET-ID: Katherine Pennybrooke

¤ ENCRYPTION: Medium

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Greetings,

my name is Jessica Hudson. Sorry for the long response time but I had to convince some people first before answering you. However, the guild is not interested in showing all our expertise to someone who is more or less a nobody to us. I'll be showing you the basics of what it means to pilot a fighter vessel. All we need to settle on is the place and time and, the payment of the course. I'll be expecting your answer Mrs. Pennybrooke.

This is all for now.

Jessica Hudson,
Independent Miners Guild

[Image: XkgDizC.png]

To Ms Hudson;

Thank you for your response.
I'm not expecting courses in the most advanced fighter tactics on the market, so to speak, just some basic training that will make me feel like I might reasonably leave an adversarial encounter with my ship intact. If you have the patience to get my skill level from somebody who is just figuring out the controls to decent, I would be more than happy.

As for the time and place, for the latter I would suggest Java, that seems the obvious choice, and for the former, I will work with your schedule as needed. And the payment, I am willing to write a more or less blank cheque, though it should ideally remain largely blank.

~ Katherine

¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

[Image: WrCKq84.jpg]

¤ LOCATION: Falkland Base, Tau-37
¤ COMM-ID: Jessica Hudson
¤ TARGET-ID: Katherine Pennybrooke

¤ ENCRYPTION: Medium

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

Greetings,

Good, then it's settled, a payment of 100.000.000 S.C will be enough for the entire course. We'll meet up outside of Java Station in Tau-23 on Friday, 12th of August. I'll be waiting outside the station.

This is all for now.

Jessica Hudson,
Independent Miners Guild

[Image: XkgDizC.png]

To Ms Hudson;

I am in the neighborhood. Java is quieter than it has been in the past, have the Outcasts been less active lately?

I will be in a Serval-class heavy fighter, callsign Peakstar. Your price is steep but acceptable, I suppose that's what I can expect for being open about my funding situation. I look forward to meeting.

~ Katherine