Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »TO: Shogun Ubukata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: ERR.UNKNOWN.PROXY.RELAY
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: erRLQWF.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

I've opened up this channel to keep a secure line between us. Don't worry, it's masked, the usual backroute encryption.

I will admit, I was... afraid that you were all going to attack me back there. Though I will admit, I have not been in the best place mentally as of the late. Too many close calls.

You mentioned about the Corsairs being guests of Kusari - now, I recall that Samura had a vague hand with them - but ... How deep does this problem run? Do they have a lot of supporters?

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
[Image: 29yFjlj.png]
TRANSMISSION RECEIVED: DECRYPTING...
薔薇龍 | こんにちは。

[Image: dbYmiNp.png]

To: The Revenant

Subject: The Corsair Problem

Point of Origin: REDACTED

Encryption Level: 極み

Importance: 並み

Konnichiwa. You must be Revenant. I did not expect your contact so soon. It took me some time to be able to get to you.

My apologies for scaring you there. Tohoku is a place that requires a large presence due to the active threat of the Arch, and as expected, my people were aggressively searching for the perceived disturbance in energy signatures.

One of our operatives has discovered evidence that the Corsairs have seen increased presence in Kusari, and that a certain corsair in particular has gotten combat assistance by police to attack us and has allegedly become favored by law enforcement. The Corsairs are permitted into Kusari so long as they do not openly break its laws. They've taken this opportunity to strike at us, even though we are spiteful of the Outcasts.

At the end of the day, these are only a couple of examples, and our current view of the situation is limited because of our relations. We know they have major activities in the Sigmas and are hostile to the GMG, a mutual enemy of Samura and the Corsairs. At one point we had attempted to intercept a convoy of theirs but were unable to. Based on these interactions, it's not farfetched to say that Samura will turn a blind eye to the Corsairs so long as they attack Samura's enemies and obey the law.

You should be cautious, if you intend to be a 'watchdog' for us.

生形 艶 | Ubukata Tsuya
将軍 | Shōgun
Long Live the Blood Dragons.

TRANSMISSION IDLING: RESPONSE PENDING...

薔薇龍 | さようなら。
...TRANSLATING DATA...

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Indeed it is.

I have been doing mild prodding in regards to the Corsair situation as a "mere Gaijin" - and it appears this relationship with the Corsairs isn't quite solidifed yet. I have noted a presence of a particular Corsair that comes in to Kusari frequently, a certain "Nina Rodriguez" of the Brotherhood, who seems to be hanging around certain Kusarian lawfuls. It may be of interest to find out her personal connections.

However, it is not up to me to do such work, I am tied up with research work, and not to mention my affilitations will bare no boon in getting close to them.

An experimental idea for Kusari to act as strategic power against their bordering foes. They're interested in distracting the Outcasts in the Sigma region. I initially anticipated such actions, but it seems this ... fragile experiment can be broken with the most gentle of 'nudges' and incriminating clauses. Their trust is not fully formed. This is speculation on my part when I say this; though I very much expect them to utilise Corsairs to also use as a proxy to harass GMG, destabilize the region to move in for more claims.

Now, in regards to my source; I will not disclose who I received this information from in interests of protecting myself, and them.

You may also wish to know that talkative one in the Cruiser enlightened the relationship too, but did not disclose any intents beyond economical interests and their legality.

>>ATTACHED DATALOG

It could be within interests to allow these Corsairs to grow too economically attached to Kusari, let them get comfortable. Then play with the scalpel to harm them more so than outright rejection - make them suffer the losses of investment, play the political division, get proof of them - or fabricate proof - of them harming Kusarian elements, or other malicious intents. Or give a subtle nudge and push, pluck the cords of unstability and make them fail the experiment. Just some ideas you could play with.

Naturally Samura and Hogosha will no doubt will be welcoming of these undesirables and will back up interests of keeping them around.

Or, you do as you will... Your home afterall, but my interests in this overlap with the idea of undermining both the Outcasts and Corsairs influence.

Although. I am curious, could I perhap learn more of your groups political intentions - your beliefs? What do you wish to replace the Government with? The chatty one mentioned that it was within interests of the Dragons to instate a military dictatorship with a Shogun, but I pray this is just propaganda?

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
薔薇龍 | こんにちは。

Ah, your position is proving very helpful already. We've seen this individual before, but a second sighting and the datalog you've provided are instrumental pieces of evidence. You're right in that it's an interesting play to let the situation develop and see if we can break them apart. However, I'm unsure if I like the risk of the Corsairs taking advantage of this legality to stealthily extort or kill civilians in their efforts to assert dominance.

Every moment that these 'invasive species' remain in Kusari is a moment when the Outcasts could learn of their increased activity in the region and decide to duke it out with them at full power. It is not a pleasant thought to imagine your country overrun by both of these organizations. I'll have to decide which path is best on my own terms, like you say.

And I see that you've come face to face with the Zuiryu. They are entrenched in propaganda, though the propaganda itself which Samura pushes out is not entirely false. I'll enlighten you about our movement a bit. It is not a military dictatorship, as far as the standard definition goes. The words 'military' and 'dictatorship' put together make for a very fine example of a buzzword, don't you think? It may appear so on the outside, but my people have laws, rights, and power like any house. Each one of us is able to fight, and each is able minded enough to choose for themselves without me having to order them to. If they did not like me, I could be ousted just as easily as I got in. The Dragons are used to being without a master to guide them. It is with trust and respect that they allowed me to stand up and take on this responsibility. We bear the titles of the old government but that does not make our fundamental beliefs the same. No, my beliefs are much more... radical, for lack of a better term. And I have less 'militaristic' ideas for the Dragons that will remain my own until the time comes to enact them. I can assure you that the government we wish to install is not one that will continue enslaving the people. Samura has done that enough.

生形 艶 | Ubukata Tsuya
将軍 | Shōgun

薔薇龍 | さようなら。
...TRANSLATING DATA...

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Buzzword? Hm. These things would usually be called a military junta. I've been a part of one myself.

But, this philosophy is to compass about the entirety of Kusari itself, not just the Dragons. What type of civics do you believe in? How do you envision Kusari under Dragon rule?

As for the Corsair, well, as I said, no guarantee of being able to keep an eye on them. It's a tricky situation overall. I'll keep in touch if I hear or see anything interesting.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
薔薇龍 | こんにちは。

Time for a slight history lesson, then. It was the fourth century of Kusari's old empire, 321 A.S.. It was a typical festival held by our people once a year to celebrate the blooming of cherry blossoms on New Tokyo. They called it the Sakura festival. It was a peaceful and romantic time for many in the capital sector, where the Shogun once ruled. In the time of pure blooded Hideyoshi family members. When out of nowhere, a storm of battle raged throughout the city, followed by some skirmishes across the planet's less important cities. There were traitors in the military, accompanied by Samura strongmen who had come to take control of the throne, what our ancestors could only assume to be a power play by greedy traitors who took advantage of the early empire's lax regulations on its corporations who needed the legal room to expand the empire. They had ambushed and slaughtered countless innocent soldiers and bystanders in the assault on Chiyoda Castle, the former headquarters for the First Empire of Kusari. Forced the Shogun to kill himself in dishonor, as his son went into hiding to save his own skin, as his surviving private guards flee the planet with as many people they can take with them. They took several flagships, other capital vessels, and snubcraft along with them into the darkest corners of the Crow Nebula, where our story began. Battered, broken, and left without a proper leader for centuries to come. I don't know whether or not you were already aware of our origins, but it is a necessary opening to what you have asked of me to describe.

The main objective of the Dragons is to destroy, liquidate, or otherwise force Samura to submit to our rightful demands. Demands involving the restoration of our rightful place on Kusari's throne, with various adaptations to the old Shogunate formula to reflect our changes in ideals and beliefs over the years. Additionally, we would provide the people with the power and rights to peacefully evict the Shogun's cabinet of their positions if they are corrupt. This would likely be done through the establishment of a separate balance in the form of planetary and regional representatives of the people and their satisfaction of the government that form a senate of sorts. It is not farfetched to say that one of our first moves once we inevitably regain our lost power would be to eliminate them in entirety, and seize their assets for a newly established corporation with trusted people. Thus cutting the strings of the puppet held by the hands of the avaricious elite and freeing the people from Samura's oligarchy. That is one of many paths to envision a future Kusari taking. Heavy regulations would be placed on corporations, so that they cannot abuse their power in the same manner of Samura. Corporations would also be severed from the state, preventing them from attempting to corrupt the government.

Another such ideal is the breaking of certain traditional norms. As I mentioned earlier, we are a warrior culture at heart. It is at the core of our belief that no matter if you are a man or a woman, or anything else, you can pick up a weapon and fight until your last breath. That can be metaphorical alongside being literal. Essentially, I would envision a Kusari that does not support the gender discrimination of the old ways.

I could go on for hours about all the potential ideas I have, but I'd imagine that you'd be plenty bored by the time we hit the half hour mark.

生形 艶 | Ubukata Tsuya
将軍 | Shōgun

薔薇龍 | さようなら。
identified: Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: NqZ2nOf.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Hm. This was the first time I've heard about Samura's involvement, but it brings me to no surprise that their lineage consists of being filth. It is good to hear that you wish to liberate Kusari from the shackles of Samura's corruption at least.

I do appreciate the insight you've provided, it is certainly enlightening to learn about the history of the House.

I will be here and there throughout Kusari, but... I couldn't help but notice the abrupt appearance of the SIS, and certain Kusari Intelligence Operatives. Any idea as to why the Bretonian Operatives are snooping around?

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
薔薇龍 | こんにちは。

One can only speculate the nature of their intent, friend. I suppose they may be simply interested in keeping a keen eye on their rival in the Tau sector. On the surface, they've been acting friendly under the common goal of opposing Gallia, but underneath that is a long history of strife in the region. Both Houses are dead-set on claiming the resource rich systems as their own, and have even gone to war over it, if memory serves correctly...

As for our government's agents, if they are poking around, it usually does not bode well for the person they're speaking to. They tend to be very direct when it comes to accomplishing their missions.

生形 艶 | Ubukata Tsuya
将軍 | Shōgun

薔薇龍 | さようなら。