Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >: The Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: 2NPuoLa.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: Overwatch / Section 8
Subject: Hammer to the anvil

Things have been quiet, pardon me for breaking said silence.

The Alliance and by extension the Free Republic Militia has entered a state of war with whatever preposterous form of association the Technocrats identify with. I have created this channel to serve as a lynchpin for all cooperation in order to effectively wage said war. I will permit the addition of more parties to this channel if given prior intimation before said addition.

This is personal now, so expect my full commitment and cooperation.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.
[Image: iO7z9dm.png]
Section 8

Sender ID: Odysseus
Receiver ID: Alliance Commander "Cobra"; Overwatch
Encryption: Citadel

Coordination

Greetings, Commander Cobra,

My name is Odysseus, and I will be Section 8's liaison in this matter for the time being.

As I am sure you have noticed, Section 8's activity in your region of Sirius has decreased significantly. Operations in Liberty and the surrounding border worlds have been suspended for the indeterminate future due to confidential matters elsewhere taking priority. Section 8's ability to actively assist the Alliance in this matter, therefore, is effectively reduced to zero.

What Section 8 can do, however, is put you in contact with operatives that may be willing and able to reinforce your efforts. You may therefore wish to reach out to following contacts:
  • Empress of Recon Unit Vigil
  • Devaraja of Recon Unit Vigil
  • Phantom of the Section 8 Headhunters

Further, Section 8 will provide what intelligence it can, when requested.

Section 8 will leave direct Order involvement in this matter up to the discretion of Overwatch. Section 8 advises Overwatch to provide any assistance necessary to ensure victory over the Auxesians.

I look forward to receiving reports on the ongoing efforts against the Technocracy of Auxo.

Regards,
Odysseus

⧫ Fort Carthage
⧫ Omicron Epsilon
⧫ From: Order Overwatch HC, Commodore William Storgen
⧫ To: Xeno Alliance; Section 8

Operating against Auxo

Odysseus and Cobra,

Battleship Atum has several squadrons ready to deploy anytime. They will support you during offensive operations against potential Auxo intrusion within Liberty space.

However, we have an active large operation in Omicrons that reduces our attention on Liberty generally. Besides, while Auxesians are our common enemy, Nomads and collaborators are still under top priority there. So we rely on you in regards to intelligence data. Overwatch will provide manpower and ships to work with Auxo.

Until next time.

Commodore William Storgen
Task Force "Black Arrow", 2nd Battlegroup, 14:52, 27.07.829

⧫ Attachments:

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: Atka.png_1.png]

Sender: Alliance Command
Recipient: The Order
Subject: Traitors

This is to inform recipients of this communications line that an attempt was made on the Commander's life.

While the attempt has of course failed given the emotional irrationality of the perpetrators, the Commander is currently unable to directly oversee operations into Inverness. Forces are instead being consolidated to press on the homefront and deter all known associates of the Technocracy.

Hostilities with the Technocracy obviously persist and we have reason to believe a level of conspiracy and collusion existed between them and the traitors.

A scheme they will surely come to regret.

"Fear the white star."

[Image: hqu84Tq.png]
[Error]

Sender ID: [Error]
Receiver ID: Alliance Command

RE: Traitors

Alliance Command,

Section 8 regrets to hear about the Commander's situation and wishes him a speedy recovery.

I would like to request insight into the motivations behind this act of mutiny against the Alliance as well as the names or callsigns of the individuals responsible, should they still be alive and at large.

Regards,
Odysseus

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

Recipient: Odysseus
Subject: Re: Traitors

Odysseus.

Pardon the delay, I was dealing with some particularly overzealous individuals. Their motivations were rooted in the Abrams incident, killing him and doing so with an adherence for keeping the affair clandestine was seen as a betrayal of trust. But in their anger, they were more open about their thoughts on a multitude of other matters and I feel they have developed some form of sympathy for entities like the Technocracy and pirates who tried to interfere in the Order's operations in the House.

The pilots behind the attempt to kill me go by the callsigns of Ridgenose, Bull, Contender and Watchman. They've fled Liberty in the time since their attempt and their current whereabouts are unknown. It's unlikely they'll ever come back to Liberty, having been disavowed and with the Alliance at large predisposed to hate them for their actions.

Since they expressed no small degree of disdain for your organization, it might be likely that they'll seek to disrupt your operations. It also seems to be the case that Abrams might still be alive, but the word of a temperamental loudmouth should be taken with a grain of salt at best. If you're able to investigate the background of these claims, we'll see where all the madness leads.

From my end, I'll do what I can to thoroughly discourage the activities of our mutual friends.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

[Image: hqu84Tq.png]
[Error]

Sender ID: [Error]
Receiver ID: Alliance Commander "Cobra"

RE: Traitors

Commander Cobra,

This development is disconcerting. Both you and our operatives assured Captain Hawkins that Abrams' termination was a success. If he does indeed still live, he may pose a serious - perhaps an even greater - threat to the Order and humanity as a whole. If you discover any further information that may verify his death or survival, report it to Section 8 immediately.

As for the mutineers, we will keep our eyes and ears open for signs of their activity near our areas of operation. However, Section 8 continues to be tied up in important matters elsewhere. It is unlikely that your traitors will be able to interfere. Should they attempt to do so, they will be targeted for elimination accordingly.

We are glad to see you back on your feet, Commander.

Regards,
Odysseus

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

Recipient: Odysseus
Subject: Traitors of a new kind?

I'm confused.

One of my men just got a positive ID on a Sekhmet. Not unusual on its own, but given the affiliation I'm sure you can understand why I'm puzzled.

What's changed?

[Image: O61g0wf.png]

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

[Image: 2swYBjB.png]

✰INCOMING TRANSMISSION✰

To: Commander Cobra
Subject: Sekhmet

Commander Cobra,

I am William McCarty, the leader of Battlegroup Revenant. We have not had the opportunity to meet before, but I have received your transmission regarding The Order and i find this communication include us in it. It has been a while since I last heard from the Grand Admiral, so I am curious to know how we can assist you. I understand you mentioned evidence of the Navy Fleet using our technology, and you also mentioned a traitor. Could you please explain that?

William McCarty
Brigadier General
Battlegroup Revenant

✰TRANSMISSION COMPLETE✰
- - -