Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Alea Iacta Est
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ambristers nose wrinkled at the propaganda posters. Whilst he had been part of the people denouncing the people of Kusari as a young backbencher, well younger anyway, it was a distasteful part of their history that he felt best left in the past

Lady Hakkera. You are correct that Leeds provided a vital source of manufacturing for us. We have attempted to relocate some of the efforts to Sprague, but we are certainly at a somewhat..

He waved a hand for a moment, looking for the right word

lesser capacity than previously observed. As for farming equipment.. well that in itself would be down to the farmers to purchase for themselves, but I believe there would be a level of interest if the market could be opened to them.

As for our shared past.. Well I would be a fool to pretend that there isn't still some resentment out there, even within the houses of parliament. Memories are long, especially amongst the older generation, and they may have more trouble accepting this situation.

Lady Hakkera, I am a firm believer that actions speak louder than words. If we wish to see change, to see people on both sides of the border accept this new galaxy we live in, then it will be achieved by delivering on the promises we make here. A show of face, if you will, proving to the naysayers that we are all capable of change, and that this is for the better. That will get the people on side.

As for the University of Cambridge, whilst it remains a private entity, and as such neither I nor my government have any say over it's programmes, my cabinet can draw up a list of suggestions for the University. I am more than certain the ministry of education will be happy to assist in arranging these programmes with you.

He once again clasped his hands on the table, waiting for any other additions
This is odd. True, it is quite possibly the best solution in the long run to allow private enterprises to run and compete with one another to maximise output. However, she could not anticipate a possibility that a nation beset by hostile company craving for Sirius-wide monopoly would not actively engage in stimulation of their sector. Perhaps it is recent change, caused by cold blooded calculations of Bretonia no longer interested in finding another arable world in wake of not having to feed billions that had perished.

“Apologies. It is easy to assume that such a large sector of the Bretonian economy such as agriculture would have been in large part nationalised, or closely aligned to the Crown in fashion similar to that of BMM and Bowex. Reducing tariffs on imported Kishiro cultivars and electronic goods would allow small and big businesses to independently source what they need, freeing your at the moment limited capacity towards new and retooled factories concentrating on goods neither of us can supply in abundance. I will ensure that Keiretsu will not ignore this opportunity."

Now then… Armbisters was correct that none of it matters if they do not come to a decision. Lady Hakkera still considered briefly how to wrap her words of advice to push her point forward. Her House gained notoriety and made a good name for themselves for being actively involved in affairs of its House beyond the scope of managing Honshu as vassal of the Emperor. She still had much to learn and rebuild the reputation of her House after being dragged down into political obscurity by the Republic.

“I agree with the principle of actions carrying far greater significance than words. Actions alone however allow anyone to construct a different set of narratives and this is why those two have to go hand in hand. I am expecting House of Liberty’s outreach will go as far as to meddle with political discourse by means of lobbying and mass media. Selective reporting and carefully chosen angles are, frankly… weapons. I trust you will make the right decision in implementation and presentations of our common policy just as I will use my leverage at home to deliver on the promises our governments concur on.”

“Arranging suggestions for Cambridge University coming from those who were born and raised in Bretonia is an excellent step. We are avoiding the misstep of causing incidents born out of cultural differences and simple ignorance. I intended to visit Cambridge in an official capacity as soon as we iron out solid treaty and state investments. I will stand down to allow our Prime Minister to speak if you do not have any further questions.”

Sanae listened closely to the conversation between the Governor of Honshu, a person which despite her own position, she had very little to do with so far. Not to mention that she called Honshu her home.
Somewhere mid-conversation, while Ambrister spoke, her mind drifted away a little, unconsciously crawling her cat and almost letting a smile slip across her frozen, serious expression. She was fully back on topic following the mention of 'University of Cambridge', recalling a brief exchange she attempted between Sirian and Gallic universities during her earlier political career. She gave Miki a glimpse before speaking up, refraining from standing up as she planned due to the presence of Miki.

"Domo arigatou, Hakkera-san, Ambrister-san.
It is my honest opinion to say that I am glad seeing such a heartedly discussion and a few crucial points having been raised by both sides already. Cultural and economic cooperation will remain a topic of utmost importance for the coming years after all. We shall each dedicate significant workforce and time into structuring and streamlining our future cooperation.
Though next to the food industry, there are more economic points to discuss. A joint concern of Kogen-sama, the Ministry of Economy and of personal interest to myself, are the revitalization plans of Bretonia for the Leeds system.

As per the Treaty of Harris, we are already financially aiding the Stokes reconstruction project and it is common knowledge that the reconstruction of LD-14 is ongoing. The Empire of Kusari wishes to formally offer financial or otherwise aid to these efforts as well. The MOX processing facilities generated a large part of BMM's revenue, last I recall. A return to a more stabilized MOX market will aid the entire sector and might even be interpreted as major step towards normalization by crucial investors."

Sanae briefly stopped, Miki yearning for her attention through some additional crawls behind her ears. Sanae delivered and then decided that she is satisfied with her little speech and may as well just stop at this point for the moment.
Pages: 1 2