Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcast bomber III - well scratch the Outcast, it seems...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Since we are now headed toward the heavy bomber segment, this is my take on the outcast bomber. Whether it be a replacement for the Falcata or not, I have no idea. Let it just be said that I wasn't satisfied with Eppy' model, and so took it the good old fashioned way; made up my own.
This one has two cockpit as you can see.

[Image: Stryk0.png]

BorderWorld Series Z3

Further development of the venerable series Z brought this purely Maltese engineered craft. Of an unusual large size, the Z3 is consequently well armored, heavily armed and prepared to shred through shield and metal alike.

update1
[Image: Stryk01.png]
...I like it.:mellow:

This is going to turn into a huge pissing contest. *le sigh*
I see many, many mounts there, what are the stats of this beauty?

Indeed, it is a beauty.
Now THAT looks like an Outcast ship. We need moar heavy bombers!

Excellent work; I might make an Outcast now.. *Ponders the idea a bit..*

I like it, but it seems to be lacking mass. Bulk up the top wings a bit.

As for the BW Classification, perhaps ZQ. ZX = Sabre + Dagger, ZQ = Sabre + Switchblade.

As for the name... I suggest Broadsword or Rapier.
Well, I have no idea. As usual, I'm a total failure when it concerns stats. I leave that to the (I hope) competent hands of the devs...

And, thanks Eppy. Don't know for the pissing contest, but yeah.
I like them both... <mixed emotions>

I'd only say that the extraneous bits look too elaborate and equally fragile. Otherwise, this should be the Border Worlds bomber to fit with the Sabre, and Eppy's should be the Falcata, built exclusively for and by the Outcasts.

Name this the Claymore or some other.
yeha I think I will thicken a bit the upper supporting pylons, they do look somewhat frail. Easily arranged.
what i like about the model is that it resembles the BW series quite a lot - being angular but also sleek.

what i do not like so much about it is the very very thin upper bow. - one might wonder what its for - except breaking through. - the lower bow looks quite square - like a stand of a model plane. - it shouldn t be round.... but maybe a bit more "V" shaped instead of "L|" shaped.

the torpedo tubes are very nice ( if i m right assuming the tubes on the side of the frame are the torp tubes )

the intakes are - like your other BW fighter... a bit too much when its about proportions i think. it would look better if they were gone - and if you d enlarge the torp pods by maybe 10-15%.

you get more ( hopefully ) constructive critizism than others - and no "omg, i wanne fly it" - cause youre a lot more experienced:laugh:.

but all in all, the model looks good. but also keep in mind - from the side .... the frame of a sabre looks like a "/" - not like a " | ". ( thats just a minor thing though )
Claymore's already the Gaian Gunboat.

And sweet, he can have the BW, I'll take the Outcast. Works for me. *shrug.* Sorry, Legeo, the Falcatta was good for it's time, but it's been surpassed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7