Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Ego
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ffgWP7F.png]

To: Ego

Mr. Ego

As per our discussion on...wherever we were, I wish to extend my offer to you more formally. However you wanted to discuss some things before you made any agreements, which is of course wise. Before we even begin to discuss the Service, let us first talk about you.

What is it we can do for you?

Kind Regards:

V. Steiner
Director of the Secret Intelligence Service
[Image: m85lB37.png]
[Image: I6YwjBA.png]

IDENTIFICATION:Ego
SUBJECT: Cooperation

MESSAGE ORIGIN: RV-Wayfarer, Tau-29

So you've made it out. I guess your girlfriend did hold up to her own end of the bargain - which is good.

We talked back then about a deal. Unlikely as it may be, circumstances brought us here. You've offered me work, which I appreciate. I will leave whether you want me to operate on behalf of Her Majesty or not to you. However I have a few requests; you already know about one of them.

I want to have all records involving myself and our cooperation to be classified. I don't want to have every mutt stare at me sideways as they scroll through my file. I'm sure you would agree with that, as neither of us want to explain what happened roughly two weeks ago, much less the work I would perform for you.

I would appreciate a set of papers to justify the possession of a Valkyrie within the Kingdom of Bretonia as to avoid unnecessary confusion in front of the Armed Forces and other Lawful Organs. Temporary Citizenship, a permit, notice, anything. If you want me to work for you, I would appreciate not to get shot in turn over stupid things such as the one I just mentioned.

I'm not taking contracts against The Order. They are way out of my league. They're assholes, but they keep a few hotspots where Nomad activity spikes in check.

And lastly: I want to know more of Sunderland Research Station. It's important.

Mr. Ego

I can make your employment as secret as humanly possible. No one will know who you are or what you do, I can give you that. I can arrange for your ship to be cleared in Bretonia, but you will need to keep the appropriate papers on hand in case anyone does decide to ask, I cannot promise you won't be question by the BAF at least once.

If you work for the Service you will be given access to all our databases and our knowledge of certain groups and people, naturally this information cannot simply wander off, as such you will be required to sign the Act.

Before I even begin to talk about Sunderland, I want to know why you have such an interest in it. As one of us, your job will be to defend it and never mention it, not go wandering through it's halls exploring.

Kind Regards:

V. Steiner

That is good to know. Consider that act of secrecy signed. I am not the type to release information on a whim. Not very important one without reason, anyway.

Regarding Sunderland. My profession is of a mercenary and you know that. I've done despicable things in order to sustain myself. You know that, too. I got a lot of money off of my recent...contracts. What you probably didn't know is that all that money is being poured in my efforts against the Nomads. The few people I used to cooperate with have either vanished or worse. The Nomas City your Station is somewhat linked to may hold secrets that I want. And there is no doubt you want that too, otherwise you wouldn't have built Sunderland in the first place.

Is this enough for you?

Mr. Ego

There is no way I can allow you complete access until I have cleared it with both the Admiratly and the Government. I will also ask what your intentions with the city are. I Will request access be given when I file my report to them later this week. In the meantime, you can enlighten me further as to the nature of your work with the Nomads.

Kind Regards:

V. Steiner

Let's meet in person. I'm not going to elaborate what I know over the Neural Net. It is unsafe.

[Image: edx55lO.png]

IDENTIFICATION: Dexter "Caliban" Wright
SUBJECT: Raven

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Sunderland Research Station, Newcastle System

Listening to Raven twisted view on the current matters at hand is a foolish thing to do. This is my first and final warning.

Don't listen to her. You will regret it, as have I in the past. And if you don't believe me, then this conversation should enlighten you. I've got nothing to hide. She does.

SUBJECT: Say your prayers

The device is almost ready. My engineers report that everything is going as planned so far. Once they are done, the bomb will be placed into Sunderland's Reactor Room. Consider evacuating everyone for good measure.

I will be waiting you on the The Wayfarer for departure. Don't forget your part of the supplies. My ship can take only so much.

Mr. Ego

Have you any final suggestions about what to bring? And are you absolutely certain placing a bomb in Sunderland is absolutely necessary? All the same I have given the order to evacuate and the Armed Forces have been informed. I will be with you momentarily.

Kind Regards:

V. Steiner

SUBJECT: Say your prayers

As many supplies as your ship can possibly take. I'd count a lot on the explosives part, as well.

As for Sunderland. It has to go down. This is the only way. I don't have the -

[The message is filled with static from this point until the very end.]

- out of time.