Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NWB| ↔ UN] || Communication Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Message Received

[Image: oDSVBqf.png?dateline=1653909148]
Recipient: The Directorate of the Alster Union
Sender: Paul Botzler, Leader of the New Resistance Movement
Origin: Planet New Berlin, New Berlin System

07.08.829 A.S.

[Image: vIxuKC4.png]

Respected representatives of the Alster Union,

I am Paul Botzler, as most of you already know, I lead the New Resistance Movement. Our paths have already crossed many times, at first very optimistically, without violence or even spoken aggression. But all that changed a few weeks ago in the Frankfurt System when the Alster Union, represented by your spearhead, took the side of the Corsairs in the fight against the Rheinland Military. I would like to say a few things about this.

The Unioners were founded over a hundred years ago. As it was with the Red Hessians and the Bundschuh, the 80 Years War, started by greedy and powerful big corporations, was responsible for this. The Alster Union also suffered the consequences of this barbaric war in form of a great recession and was thus forced to sever the oppressive hand of its employer, who was interested in nothing more than cutting costs, on its own.

Thus, from our point of view, it is only natural to express solidarity with the workers of the deceived Alster Union. Your anger is more than justified.

Nevertheless, much has changed in recent years. Aside from the countless conflicts, Rheinland has had to endure, your movement, too, has undergone an impressive development. For us outsiders, it is no longer transparent what the Alster Union stands for today. The deception by the Hessians and coalition in Hamburg was by no means easy to bear, so the attention of the Unioners was devoted to the Corsairs.

That, as we presume it, was a fatal mistake. The Corsairs are a bloodthirsty pack of renegades who have conspired to commit crimes and Sirius-wide terrorism. They are responsible for millions of deaths, and for some time now these numbers have included Rheinland.

The people of Rheinland are concerned about the damage the Corsairs are doing in Rheinland and will do in the future. From our point of view, it is a fact without any doubt that the Corsairs come to Rheinland having no positive intention. We believe or hope that the Alster Union does not share their values. By taking their side, the signal you are sending is not one of liberation, but of more oppressive chains. The people must not be pushed further into the corner and threatened.

But it is not only them, who suffer. The Corsairs have long searched for ways to expand their Artifact trade, having found you as the partner in Rheinland. While I am sure that this is a remarkable financial boost, it also passively subverts your movement into their hands, as the Corsairs are far too powerful for any of us to truly oppose. Do not let the perspective for a short-term boost of economical prowess blind you from the deceiving and violent nature of the Cretans. They will pass you aside the moment you cease to be useful in their eyes and possibly betrayed once more.

If you care about bringing change for the good of the workers in this nation, we ask you to reconsider the alliance with the Corsairs. They are no friends of Rheinland, no friends of the people, no friends of you. Your goals will not be achieved through them, only their brutal struggles against Rheinland will be strengthened. Instead, the citizens of our nation, especially the workers, should stand in solidarity with each other and fight together against the regime that is responsible for the founding of us all.

Perhaps our words have no meaning in your eyes, perhaps the Unioners have changed more than we anticipated and you find no reason in what we say. But we hope that maybe you consider our words and find your roots once more.

With regards,

Paul Botzler
Leader of the New Resistance Movement

No files attached.

End Message

[Image: istockphoto-1046458698-612x612.jpg]

>> INCOMING TRANSMISSION

-[RECIPIENT: Paul Botzler, Leader of the New Resistance Movement
-[SENDER: Direktor James Hollywood
-[SOURCE: Pacifica Base, Bering

----- <The New Bundschuh> -----
[Image: NSPwUCj.png]
[ LOG ]
[ IMG ]

The stream starts as the director speaks while puffing on a Cigar.

“Guten Abend Herr Botzler."

"Of course, I've heard of you before. I even recall meeting some of your volk in Frankfurt a while ago. Now let me introduce myself as well. My name is James Hollywood, Direktor of the Unioners. It seems like I have many questions to answer so I better get to it."

First of all, a brief summary of our, 'not so well known', recent history. A while ago the previous Unioner movement signed one very specific accord that labeled us, The Unioners, as civilians. That treaty bound us to reintegration into the society we once were a part of. At that moment, many supporters we gained during the civil war left to live their lives on their own. However, some of us remain unsatisfied with the accord despite it being seemingly ideal. It was a good trick that let us forget what we were actually fighting for. We let our true enemy, Republican Shipping, go off the hook once more. Under a new name and a new government, they continue to do the same as they did before.

The abuses and lousy work conditions continue despite the treaty we signed, again pushing us into the dead-end that is violence. So, the spark of rebellion lit once more and now we are here where we are—relentlessly chasing down RGS ships, trying to fix the unfixable. This time looking to solve the problem once and for all, with the absolute destruction of RGS. So, in short. The Ligas is no more, and the Direktorat got reformed. We stand by the same ideals as we did, fighting for the rights of Rheinland workers, with pens or guns. Manufacturing new equipment to help us along the way. Our new oath makes what we are doing very clear: Ad victoriam, per machina, Non sibi sed Patria.
However... I'm happy you brought it up actually... our wounds in Hamburg still ache after what the Hessians and the Coalition have done to our volk on Wedel.

Now the second question. The Corsairs. I've observed your battles from afar recently but I'm sure you, suffer from the same problems that we do. The Corsairs, The Detterence in particular, helped us solve most of those problems. Supplies are plentiful and, ever since we've decided to manage the flow of Artifacts through Rheinland, so are the credits. We both know revolutions are expensive especially if you want to keep up with the flow of technology of your oppressors. However note, that we do not share the ideals of our Corsair partners, we wash their hands and they wash ours. All hands remain clean. Despite the bad press, it might cause, it still provides plenty of supplies for us.

However, from what I've heard and from what I personally see you are a man of reason. I hope that now, that I've explained the situation to you, we might see eye to eye, and since you volk don't seem to be very hostile towards our kin we might be able to come to an agreement. You know. You turn a blind eye to our relation with the Corsairs and we chuck some supplies your way. We are engineers, after all, I'm sure you could use our help with something. Of course, the details would need to be worked out but I'm sure we can do that.

I believe that's all. Stand reminded that I speak without hostility towards you, Bundschuh. My words are the ones of a Rheinlander and so are yours. We are brothers by nationality, however, how we choose to act about it is up to you.

Ich wünsche Ihnen noch einen schönen Abend."

The man salutes with the cigar between his two fingers as the stream cuts off.

TRANSMISSION COMPLETE <<
- - -

Message Received

[Image: oDSVBqf.png?dateline=1653909148]
Recipient: The Directorate of the Alster Union
Sender: Paul Botzler, Leader of the New Resistance Movement
Origin: Frankfurt system

24.08.829 A.S.

[Image: GSaAS3v.png]

Good day, Mr. Hollywood,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your perspective on past events. The Bundschuh was also referred to in the Holstein Accords and is currently in legal ambiguity as far as our status is concerned. For safety's sake, we expect an armed conflict before any confrontation with the Rheinland authorities and are therefore prepared accordingly.

We do not see the Holstein Accords as anything more than a desperate attempt to stifle opposition to the regime through a modus juris. But we are familiar with the consequence of trusting in the reason and goodwill of the aristocracy. They are just waiting for us to halt our efforts, believing we can effect change in the depths of parliaments.

But enough about that. I understand your words to mean that your leadership strategy amounts to returning the Unioners to the original path. We would welcome that change, of course. If I understand your words correctly, the economic dependence of the Corsairs is a significant part of the pact between them and you. In this sense, it would be advisable to look for an alternative in the future.

If it does not offend your pride, it might be advisable to sit down again at the table with the representatives of the Red Hessians to mend the waters. As for us. I will discuss this matter further internally. I suspect that a similar status may develop for the Unioners as with the Hessians. This is a moral concern for us as well, excentric and pretentious as it may sound to outsiders.

But I will say more about that once I am in the know. Await my communication back.

With regards,

Paul Botzler
Leader of the New Resistance Movement

No files attached.

End Message