Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >>: Hemlocke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

➤ Incoming transmission.
➤ Signal source: <Relay 4483, Omicrons>
➤ Opening audio feed...

Sender: "Ridgenose"
Recipient: Hemlocke
Subject: Concerning what was discussed in Pennsylvania.

You can relay this to Raven, and tell her that we're done.

Or don't. But I will drop her if she dares to try and ask me for something cause of what happened to V after this.

-"Ridgenose"

➤ Transmission signal lost.

[Image: 1L0w5KR.png]

Transmission received

Recipient(s): -Ridgenose-
Sender: <|> Josie "Rose" Hemlocke <|>
Subject: <|> Surprises <|>

[Image: Hemlockes_Eye.png]

"Well."

"Not much more to say. I'll grant your wish."

"You need a place to hide?"

~ Hemlocke ~

Attachment(s):

N/A

Transmission terminated

➤ Incoming transmission.
➤ Opening audio feed...

Subject: Hiding.

Nah, nothing left in Liberty for me, besides, we might understand each other, but that doesn't go for the rest of your pack. I'm sure the rumours are already flying around about why I did what I did, I won't add fuel to them by letting everyone think I ditched the Alliance just to go down the road of a Rogue.

I don't expect we'll ever have a reason to speak again, so one last thing I'm going to say. I spoke to Ego, or Caliban, and despite what Raven said, he seems remarkably sane to me, especially considering everything that's happened. So I'd recommend you don't let Raven drag you into her BS anymore than she already has, her madness has gone so far as to make the deluded preacher we used to have in the Alliance seem grounded.

Or don't, your call, I'll see you in hell either way.

-"Ridgenose"

Transmission received

Subject: <|> Sanity <|>

"Hmph."

"Not to rub salt in the wound, but you aren't a very good judge of character, as you gave reference of. To be fair, he fooled me too."

"You know me, I'm not exactly the most grounded individual. However it is a common theme, that the insane, believe in their sanity, and play quite a convincing tune. And the sane, feel insane through isolation."

"He's a liar, Locke. Always has been. The only reason I didn't kill him for it while he was still Vincent, is because Revenant asked for his protection. That boy once had the makings of a greater man, but all has spoiled and given way to a hollow, bitter, and utterly obsessive mind."

"Damaged, Revenant is. Lost, she isn't. Regret shapes a mind, loss, shapes it greater. She has experienced much of both. She did her best to protect Vincent, and felt failure when she finally gave Vincent what he asked for, space. That space, cost him his life. Revenant's reactions, while not justified in many situations, was born out of desperation, a fear of loss, she became overzealous, and tried desperately to stifle his free spirit. Believing, she was the only one who could keep him safe."

"She was wrong, and she knows this. She still apologizes to Ego, Caliban, call himself what he will. To me, that sounds like acknowledgement. Insane people, will never acknowledge their insanity."

"Wild and eccentric she may be, yet that's majority the fun."

~ Hemlocke ~

Attachment(s):

N/A

Transmission terminated

➤ Incoming transmission.
➤ Opening audio feed...

Subject: Grief.

Vincent was many things, an idiot first and foremost, one I liked, don't get me wrong, but still a naïve fucking idiot who couldn't sit still and had the most frustrating double standards I've ever damn seen when it came to people trying to help him. But, despite all that, I can't say that he ever lied to me personally.

As for "Caliban" while he may have a propensity for choosing names that are as pretentious as that Order slag Empress, bitter is something that he is more than justified to be. Time will tell whether or not his mind is plagued by obsessions, but regardless of which of the two it is, I'm not going to be involving myself in them. I have my own obligations that require my attention.

Raven, however, the fact she's still apologizing to Caliban says enough for me. It's madness to try and hope an apology will bring back a dead man. She needs to accept that he's gone and nothing she does will change that. Only then can she focus on the problems at hand, the one shes might actually be able to fix, like her own health and those damn things you've seen enough of for yourself.

If she doesn't, all she's going to do is get Nenet, Tulip, Laz and Hachette killed, and for what? Grief over someone who ultimately sealed their own fate? For someone who, even if Damien didn't make the choice he did, probably would have ended up this way anyway, or actually dead even?

That is madness, and I'll be frank, I'm aware that they all know the risks, but Raven is the closest thing they have to a leader, and because of that, it's her responsibility to make sure that their lives aren't being put on the line for grief-induced madness, but to deal with the actual damn problem in question.

And if you want you can relay that to Nenet and the rest as well, they deserve the truth at this point. If they still wish to go ahead with what they're doing, fair enough, I can respect that, but at least they'll go ahead knowing that, and they'll know the reason why I won't be there.

-"Ridgenose"

Transmission received

Subject: <|> Lines Drawn <|>

"I understand."

"Lacking the bigger picture as you are, with the loss you've suffered, it makes sense you sympathize with him. It wasn't always so black and white for me."

"I'll respect your position, just know. If he continues his transgressions, if you get involved with those actions, and if you cross my path in his interests. I will kill you. He is no longer entitled to my understanding and patience. He's done, quite enough."

"Though you and I are used to staring at each other across lines. I would urge you not to squander your new life following the festering corpse of the man that was before, but you've made up your mind already."

"Just don't say I didn't give you plenty warning when he inevitably drags you right back into the mess you thought you escaped."

"So long, Locke."

~ Hemlocke ~

Attachment(s):

N/A

Transmission terminated

➤ Incoming transmission.
➤ Signal source: <Relay 3794, Omegas>
➤ Opening audio feed...

Subject: Grief.

"Bigger picture." Okay, I'll bite, what did the fuckin' idiot do while I was busy dealing with the Insurgent shitshow after they tried taking out his station?

Must've been something stupid, just tell me it wasn't him and Raven going at like an old married couple once again, and doing the exact same exact damn thing they told the other not to do. 'Cause if that's what it was, I'm really going to be disappointed.

Oh and it cuts both ways, you're not stupid enough to overlook the fact I wasn't alone when I made my choice, you go after any of the others, well, like I said, it goes both ways.

-"Ridgenose"

Transmission received

Subject: <|> Lines Drawn <|>

"Malice is a fire that burns bright."

"You and I have both felt it. Hatred, is the one constant. Yet to me, no matter how much I hated my foe, no matter what they did to me."

"I would never lie in bed with the Order, to achieve revenge. Nor the SIS, nor anyone else that does not bare my mark, nor bare my fangs."

"Revenant and Vincent, or the man who pretends not to be him anymore, have many things in common, desperation, is one of those things."

"Revenant resorted to strange, and cruel methods in attempt to keep the boy safe. In her anger, she attempted to take his pod herself, void of my warnings that I would open fire."

"You can judge a person quite a bit by what they do at their most desperate, their lowest, most vulnerable point. Revenant's instinct is always protection in that moment, as twisted as the view may be. You've seen that first hand."

"Vincent, Ego, Caliban, I'm a better man than I was yesterday, void of my previous flaws and obsessions. Will do anything at all, drag anyone into the picture, claw desperately for any advantage he can grasp, compromise his very principles, not that he ever had any whatsoever. To get what he wants."

"He's more like the faceless uniforms than he would ever admit. That's the behavior you can expect from those kinds of people. And you know me well enough. I kill false faces."

~ Hemlocke ~

Attachment(s):

N/A

Transmission terminated