Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >: STOC Unit - LFR Militia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: 2NPuoLa.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: Atka.png_1.png]

Sender: Alliance Command
Recipient: STOC - LFRM
Subject: Traitors

Thorn, being that you and your unit are acutely aware of the sting of betrayal, you're being called into action.

A group of four mutineers have attempted to kill the Commander. They failed, but this cannot stand. We believe there was some level of collusion with the Technocracy and a Rogue pack leader. This sordid state of affairs cannot afford to continue or repeat.

To that effect, we are giving you the mandate to investigate every base and asset that this movement has a presence on. Rip out any support for the mutineers by the roots.

Show anyone with sympathy for dogs like the Rogues, or with belief in the words of fanatical technofetishists like the Technocracy that the reward for such misplaced faith will be issued from the barrel of a gun.

Good hunting, soldier.

"Fear the white star."

☠ Transmission signal lost.
[ INCOMING TRANSMISSION ]

[Image: zRWtxoi.png]
ID: CMDR. A. THORN, STOC

Back to weeding out Xenos. I'm sure there's some irony to be found in that. Teams One and Two will deploy immediately to Ouray and Milford respectively. We'll make short work of any would-be troublemakers.

One question concerning operational procedures. How clean should we be?

Thorn, out.

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: Atka.png_1.png]

Sender: Alliance Command
Recipient: STOC - LFRM
Subject: Traitors

As clean as you possibly can be, Thorn. I'm told your unit is like a scalpel, so cut away any malignant mass you find and be sterile about it - no mess and no fuss.

Record the names and positions of everyone you find guilty. We'll see that they receive proper "recognition" for their betrayal of our Alliance.

"Fear the white star."

Understood. No one will know we were there.

Thorn, out.

Reporting in.

Team Two reports no signs of mutiny or hostile sympathy on Milford so far. They will remain on location for two more days to observe before moving on to Virginia.

Team One, under my lead, has removed three subversives on Ouray:
  • Millie Jean-Fitzgerald, technician,
  • Christian O'Lally, technician,
  • Simon Nichols, administrator.

We found them speaking in favor of the mutineers and against cooperation with the Outcasts. Coincidentally, they have "disappeared" without a trace. Problem is, their sudden absence hasn't gone unnoticed. People on the station are growing suspicious about people speaking out against the Commander going missing.

Thorn, out.

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: Commander Thorn [LFRM-STOC]
Subject: Hammer to the anvil

No, that's quite enough.

You'll have to pardon the interruption, but at no point should the goal of this operation have ever revolved around the objective murder of our people whom have their doubts and disagreements rooted in neglect and abject suffering.

Sic semper tyrannis. I don't intend to be a tyrant, nor will I be complicit with them.

The Command staff responsible for your previous orders have all been removed from their positions, Thorn. They can live with the shame of knowing that the only reason they can continue to do so is because they were given the consideration that seemed so easily stripped from these three souls. All of whom I've had honored publicly as martyrs, along with stipends put in place for any of their surviving direct relatives.

You aren't Liberty's absent minded enforcers anymore, this is not a task of identifying "subversive" elements - it's a systematic process of rooting out dissent with the objectively correct tools for defeating this problem. Doubt is defeated by results while neglect is defeated by recognition and assistance. To truly address these issues in the long-term we'll have to do more than just these things however. Properly cultivating loyalty comes down to commitment, and it must be consistent. Your people must know you are right there alongside them. Not the iron-fist that simply maintains a rotten status quo.

Continue with identifying people with poor opinions of the Alliance at our present juncture. But more than that, identify areas in which these people are struggling. I will accordingly have money accrued from our newfound ability to extract money from Manhattan's elite reinvested towards solving those issues. All of this will be highly visible, it will be clear that it's us doing it and it's equally clear where the money's come from.

While I know you were involved, I realize your role as a soldier instills within you a sense of obligation to follow orders. But that's not what your life with us is meant to be. Remember, that just because I call you the most treasured instruments of the militia, that you are still free men and that you both can and must use your own judgment when the judgment of others is clearly compromised. I was also disappointed to discover that the current quarters provided to you and your men are far below the standards I would like to be able to provide. As such, please inform your men that I am having them relocated to the recently completed habitation block on Ramsey.

I will expect regular reports on the progress of this corrected assignment, and I will be enacting other policies in the meantime to address longstanding issues faced by our people.

As you were, Commander. But please, remember what I told you.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

Cobra,

I really wish you had found your way to a terminal a few minutes earlier. Or rather, Jennifer Lawrence, maintenance worker, would've probably wished as much. Teams One and Two will return to Ramsey ASAP to resupply for our new "mission parameters." We aren't public outreach officers. Listening to people's gripes isn't exactly our job. We'll see what we can do.

My men do as I say, I'll do as you say. But I'll be sure to act according to my own judgment in the future. Keep that in mind, sir.

Thorn, out.

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: Commander Thorn [LFRM-STOC]
Subject: Hammer to the anvil

Oh don't worry, Commander.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. And it's specifically for that reason that I'm sure we'll get along.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"