Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Odd Company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He sat there listening quietly, sipping on his beer as she spoke about herself but smiled when she redirected the question back to him I'm James and I work for the government. He said, holding his smile without going any further into himself. I was born in Bretonia, much more than that I cannot say, but really my life isn't very interesting. As you may have gathered, I am more of a diplomat than a fighter. I talk, to lots of people. People like you. He took another drink before looking back at her While I have no doubt you are loyal to the Empire, I must ask, why do you spend so much time in Bretonia? Why not Rheinland, or the Omegas? Is there something here that you're looking for?
Nina listened to Skirka. She wanted to know him further but she guessed that for now it will be that. A thing she understood. ''Si, I have noticed you talk a lot.'' She chuckled but she kind of like this side of this man. ''And I have also noticed you are not a warrior like me. You remind me someone.... Anyway, why am I spending more time in Bretonia than anywhere else? Simply because I just came back from Rheinland.''

As for what she wants, she wanted to form a group in which would look like to a mercenary group who pirate transports and do jobs for money. However, the project ended up to fail because of a lack of interested people. She sighed. ''About what I am looking for, I would say pilots but I forget the idea. I wanted to form a group of pilots composed of corsairs or anyone who wants to join and we would pirate transports or simply accept a job in exchange of money. Anyway, as I said, I forget the project because tnot enough of pilots as interested so... I fly alone and making noise a bit everywhere with my guns.''

I sympathize, it isn't easy trying to find people who have the same mindset as you and then trying to organize them into a coherent unit. But do remember, if you set an example, others will eventually notice. For better or worse. True enough spending time doing something with a degree of skill will eventually get results, but not always the attention one wanted. He himself had found that while he was poorly suited to most 'military' duties, he could get the same results through different methods. A skill many found valuable but came with its own set of challenges and issues. If it's company you seek or targets, I can always lend you a hand here and there. But my business takes me beyond the Empire, something I doubt your leaders would approve of. But I can give you information all the same. I have to ask, do you ever go into the Omicrons?
The corsair chuckles like if it was a ridiculous question. ''I do actually. Why? You want someone to protect you?'' After saying this, she grabbed her bottle and took some sips.

Looking at the man, she tried to guess what he wanted to say. She was curious though. Why a bretonian would ever go there? The Omicrons are known to be dangerous to those who are not prepared enough.

He gave a half smile at her response I think having a Corsair in tow might give the wrong impression. People might think we're lovers or something equally as bad. I doubt you need that reputation in the Empire. He took another drink, quietly contemplating his next question. He did go to the Omicrons although he had little in the way of interest in talking to the people out there. Strange and suspicious, although they were not unjustified in being so, he would rather she went, but then he also enjoyed her company and would be responsible for her while she was there. This left him in an awkward position, he couldn't sent her to her doom on the other hand he needed her knowledge. Perhaps you would be willing to show me how you navigate through the Omicrons, it could be useful to know.
Nina was curious now. ''You want me to show you how I navigate within the Omicrons? I am curious. Why would I do that and what would I gain in this? Why do you even want to go there? I highly doubt it is just to do a tourist tour because it's dangerous. Nomads can be real danger even for us, corsairs.''

Her eyes showed some concern toward the man even if he is from the side she used to fight instead to have a chat.

He smiled at her again, Curiosity. He said simply, although that certainly wasn't the truth, there was little to be curious about in the Omicrons as far as he was concerned It would also be good to know what kind of people live out there, obviously you have the usual suspects. Corsairs, Order, Core I wouldn't be surprised if there were Outcasts floating around either but who else? How to they travel? What do they do? Painting a picture of the area would be incredibly valuable. You yourself could even be in charge if you wanted A wry smile growing slowly upon his face a small twinkle in his eye Work for us and for the Empire, not a terrible gig, would maybe be able to send you some people to help, if you wanted.
Nina couldn't believe what he said. He just asked her to do something for him. ''So you basically ask me to help you to make a good portrait of the Omicrons, si? I can recognize the fact you want this but again, I highly doubt Bretonians would go there. And it is pretty far from Bretonia. I ask once more, what would I gain by working with you?''

The corsair looked straight in Skirka's eyes.

He laughed, he couldn't help it. The disbelief in her voice, the intensity in her stare how could he not? It wasn't any mystery that Intelligence Services traveled, sometimes vast distances. Information, money if you were that way inclined....company, space is dangerous but it can also be lonely. If you wanted I could even bring you into the Service, or make you one of our assets. You would gain a degree of protection and support. He drained his drink and moved the now empty glass aside before continuing Working for us or with us make little difference. You would have in either case our gratitude, and if you don't want to have anything to do with us, that's fine but then someone else would have our gratitude, if you understand my meaning.
In a way, she was interested. No. She was tempted by the money that she could gain if she helps him to get what he wants. She then thought about a decision. Many thoughts came. One of these was the following one, what if someone caught her helping an agent working for Bretonia? She would be an exiled, an Apostatas and the idea was not taken with joy. She did not want to be exiled. Not after reaching such a rank like Centurion within the Brotherhood.

She sighed. unpleased by facts and possibilities, she needed to be honest. ''Skirka. I'll be honest. Even if I am 'probably' open to help you, I can't. I can't allow myself to risk my prestige. I don't want to be seen like a traitor and being exiled of the empire and being hunted by my people. However, I can promise you one thing.''

She paused taking a big sip of the whiskey. ''If I see one of your assets in the Omicrons, I will do nothing. But you must avoid our souvereing spaces. We both know that protecting our respective territories is a common thing.''

Pages: 1 2 3