Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freeport 1 Public Safety Announcement [Sirius-wide broadcast]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: OSI-header-Kris-Tofferson.png]

To: All visitors and travelers near Freeport 1, Omega-3 system
Subject: Public safety announcement

Dear friends, visitors and travelers,

This is a public safety announcement from the administration of Freeport 1 in the Omega-3 system regarding the safety of two non-affiliated stations located within the Freeport No-Fire-Zone (NFZ).

Despite our attempts to contact the owners of station Omega Palace (sector 4D) and Omega Station (sector 3/4C) the Freeport 1 administration sees a severe decrease in the safety and structural integrity of the forementioned stations. Both stations are in a dilapidated state and thus far no attempts have or are being made to restore them to normal and safe operating status. As these stations are located within the NFZ of Freeport 1, the administration feels compelled to issue a public safety announcement to ensure your safety and wellbeing.

While the stations are not under our control nor our responsibility, the Freeport 1 administration can no longer guarantee the safety of these stations as of today. For this reason we are hereby issuing a warning not to dock at these stations nor come to close proximity of these. Seeing that no action is being taken by their respective owners, these installations are degrading swiftly and to such an extend that we feel obligated to warn you of the risks involved.

We hereby advise all vessels near Freeport 1 to stay clear of Omega Palace (sector 4D) and Omega Station (sector 3/4C) and under no circumstance dock or attempt to do so. While the rescue teams at Freeport 1 are on standby at all times, this message is to warn you of the possible dangers. The Freeport 1 personnel will always come and assist you in times of danger yet all cost for requests to aid when (attempting to) visit any of the stations above despite this safety announcement may be chargeable should we deem this fit.

Please address any questions you may have via a reply to this public safety announcement. My administration and I will do our best to answer these like we do our very best to ensure the safety of all those visiting Freeport 1 or in it's NFZ.

Kind regards,

Kris Tofferson - Freeport 1 Administrator - Omicron Supply Industries

[Image: OSI-footer-generic.png]

[Image: hiring1.png]
[Image: ZDF.png]
|ZDF|
Zoner Defense Fleet, Baffin System

|Opening Transmission|

[Image: 80c73f52e77950e49535564cda7e966d.jpg]

Elias Wilder
To:
OSI; FP1 Administrators
Subject:
RE: Public safety announcement
Encryption Level:
Unbreakable

Greetings, Kris.

This is Elias Wilder, Commander for the Zoner Defense Fleet. I believe you have dealt with my predecessor (Zane McAllister) in the past, but that's a communication for another time.

Let us know if we can assist in any way concerning these dilapidating stations around Freeport 1. Standing by to assist.

V/R

Commander Elias Wilder
Zoner Defense Fleet, Baffin System

[Image: ZDF.png]
Transmission Closed - Channel Open
>>> Establishing Communications Channel...
....decoding signal.....
....verifying security encryption....
....connection established....

[Image: 4hyMIZQ.jpg]
[To]: Whom It May Concern
[From]:Jonas Hudson, CEO - TAU ENTERPRISES
[Subject]: Emergency Base Supply
[Encryption]: LOW

Greetings to all receiving!

The emergency supply and re-activation of these bases is a service TAU ENTERPRISES is all to happy to provide! We'll worry about the bill down the road.

I immediately took a ship to the area and performed a quick assessment of these installations. One was uncrewed, the other had only 80 personnel remaining. After performing a check, I hired enough crew to fully man both of these bases, as well as unloaded days of supplies in food, water and oxygen (all available at Freeport 1). After that, we offloaded preliminary supplies in hull segments, robotic hardware, and reinforced alloy aboard both. They are now both back to conducting repairs.

For the time being these bases are out of hot water and I can safely report that any ship with good standing seems able to openly dock and sell these needed supplies to the station with no problem. With repair materials available at Leicester Shipping Platform, Planet Sprague, and Portsmouth Shipyard a system over in Cambridge, any ship passing by should now be able to help in keeping their supplies at safe levels.

This served as an excellent exercise for my crew! We specialize in emergency and tactical base supply situations! Remember, when in need, don't hesitate to call TAU ENTERPRISES!

Sincerely,
Jonas Hudson

CEO, TAU ENTERPRISES <[Y]>

....signal cut....

***END TRANSMISSION***
....decoding signal.....

[To]: Whom It May Concern; Freeport 1 Administration
[Subject]: Emergency Base Supply

Greetings again to all receiving:

J. Hudson here. In follow up to a couple of days ago, I have returned to theses bases many times to bring in huge amounts of repair materials and various necessities. Both Omega Station and Omega Palace are operational and repairing. According to my estimates, both bases can be back at full hull integrity in about a month. Omega Palace's 'De-Ionizer' is even back online.

[Image: HBprnsU.gif]

Under the circumstances of recent events, such as Bretonia's suspension of legal Base Registrations, and under ancient Maritime Salvage Law, TAU ENTERPRISES officially lays claim to both of these formerly derelict [now reactivated] space born facilities, by the names of Omega Palace and Omega Station. The value of these bases, in lieu of a construction freeze in Bretonia, warrants the need for immediate action. Should the original operator return to the take command, I will relinquish that claim immediately.

For the time being I'm still unable to access the main computer, but to maintain regular operations and repairs that won't be necessary, and I'll worry about that in the near future. I'll be making attempts to contact the previous administrators. In the last 48 hours I have personally offloaded tens of thousands of units of repair materials and supplies. From here on TAU ENTERPRISES will be making regular supply runs to keep up on station maintenance.

Shipping Docs

Sincerely,
Jonas Hudson

....signal cut....

***END TRANSMISSION***
[Image: 8.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Buckingham
To: Jonas Hudson, Tau Enterprises

Mr. Jonas Hudson,

The Kingdom of Bretonia highly condemns the move to unlawfully board and capture the stations in the name of Tau Enterprises. We do not recognize this action as a lawful one and recommend the Freeport 1 administrators to take action with great haste to prevent such further acts.

We will continue to closely monitor the situation, however for the present, Omega Palace and Omega Station will not be subject to the protection offered by the Kingdom of Bretonia to bases in system claimed by Her Majesty, Queen Carina I.

We hope this dangerous and inadmissible predicament will be handled at earliest.

Nathaniel Ward
Deputy Chief of Defence Staff
Ministry of Defence
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies
....decoding signal.....

[To]: Whom It May Concern; Freeport 1 Administration; Nathaniel Ward, Bretonian Ministry of Defence
[Subject]: Emergency Base Supply/Base Salvage Claim

Greetings Mr. Ward,

I regret that the Defense Ministry views this action as unlawful or threating. It has been my understanding that the ocean of space that is Sirius has always been covered by the Law Of Salvage, most certainly in the cases of recovered items, wrecks, and derelict stations. This has been commonplace in Sirius for centuries. There was no use of force, as the stations are both automatically allowing docking by any vessel with good standing. We docked peacefully and began offloading supplies. In fact we saved 80 people aboard Omega Palace who were sure to die without supplies.

In both cases, these bases were saved by TAU ENTERPRISES and as such we have a valid claim to these bases, which legally are vessels in the ocean of space. My crew and I are more than prepared for safety concerns. I've been aboard stations when the floors were literally shaking and the walls were exploding around me.

As to the lack protection from Crown forces, I was already under the impression that was a de facto policy. I recall a base being sieged there years ago by the Red Hessians, and don't recall a Bretonian fleet saving it. I'm fairly sure that any major threat to the area would be as much a violation of the Zoners' sovereignty within the Freeport NFZ.

I fully concede that I cannot and am not intending to use force against the local Zoner population. Should they choose to insist on taking control from me, I can't resist them, and they probably can arrive to take the stations if they insist. For the time being, my priority remains in preventing the catastrophic degradation of these facilities. However, should no other legitimate claimant return with command codes to evict me, I see no reason why this salvage claim should not be recognized by Bretonia, nor the Zoners.

Certainly, it was my impression that no other entities could or would assume control over these facilities to keep them up and running, and the clock is always ticking on abandoned bases. Again, should the Zoner representatives of the area insist these bases must remain under Zoner control, I will not protest them. Allow me to state here, the Zoners of the area will have my full cooperation.

Sincerely,
Jonas Hudson

....signal cut....

***END TRANSMISSION***

To: Jonas Hudson, Tau Enterprises

Mr. Jonas Hudson,

We will contact you shortly in private to consult about this newly-arisen change in ownership and the Crown's concerns about its future.

We thank you for the cooperation.

Nathaniel Ward
Ministry of Defence
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies

Sender: Matilda

Mr. Kris Tofferson, the Zoners of Gran Canaria, would like to offer any assistance possible, to protect not only Zoner safety as well interests.

Mr. Jonas Hudson i don't know who you think you are to steal and claim as yours something that don't belong to you. Those two bases not only are located in the Freeport 1 area, but also have Zoner affiliation. The only person that can decide what will happen to those bases is a Zoner, in this case the Freeport 1 administrator, not you. Until then, your claim will be not, and if you insist it will be treated as property theft, this case Zoner property. We may have few resources, but we have some, and can call some friends, if you understand me. We don't know what are your real intentions but we don't care, that is Zoner property, stay away, and let zoners solve this.

Mr. Kris Tofferson the final decision is yours, as a Freeport 1 administror, we hope you make a good final decision. For us ... those bases would be gone, there are plenty around FP1, and we can assist you doing that.

Best regards

Matilda
....decoding signal.....

[To]: Whom It May Concern; Freeport 1 Administration; Nathaniel Ward, Bretonian Ministry of Defence
[Subject]: Emergency Base Supply/Base Salvage Claim

Greetings Matilda,

With all due respect, the salvaging of these bases is no act of theft. Claiming derelict bases is perfectly legal, within reason I concede. In this case, I have been forced to wonder if there was a better option for them. If you would agree that salvaging these bases is the best course of action either way, then you may also understand my haste.

I agree to defer to the judgement of the Freeport 1 Administration. I'm not going to stay by force, but if there are no other reasons to go, I would stay. I am open to discussion on the matter. For instance, I would be willing to split some of the salvage claim, at the very least with OSI, since they raised the alarm on this issue. As a gesture of good intention, I would relinquish my claim to Omega Station to OSI, or whichever Zoner entity Freeport 1 would prefer, if they're willing to accept that as a compromise.

As to their Zoner IFF's, as long as those bases were unable to remain crewed, and not fully functional, they were left to run by computer alone. Assuming it's previous owner does not step in soon to counter my claim, I'm sure a base's Zoner IFF could be re-coded to Freelancer.

As far as I'm concerned, to want to waste these facilities for no reason other than lack of interest in restoring them, is no cause to let them fall apart or destroy them. Think of it this way, if you care so much about the previous Zoner owner's claim, why want them gone? My intentions are to restore and make use of the station(s), I'm willing to abide by the previous expectations of the Freeport 1 Administration.

Again, I won't stay by force, I won't fight Zoner ships to supply them, especially there in the NFZ. I await a response from Freeport 1 Administrator Kris Tofferson.

Sincerely,
Jonas Hudson

....signal cut....

***END TRANSMISSION***

To: Freeport 1 Administration; CC: Tau Enterprises

Esteemed representatives,

The Kingdom of Bretonia hereby recognizes the claim of Tau Enterprises to the ownership of Omega Station and Omega Palace. After careful consultations and considerations, the Crown and Director Jonas Hudson have reached an agreement that safeguards peace in the Omegas and aims to bring new concrete measures to further stabilize the fragile environment of Nottingham.

In addition, we wish to inform the administration that the Kingdom of Bretonia holds sole authority over the system and its installations. We do not recognize the authority of the Freeport 1 administrators over the nearby installations, and we further advise it to follow our judgement on the matter.

We will increase the armed forces and Police Authority contingents in Nottingham to remove unlawful activity. We thank you for the cooperation and hope to receive news of any changes onboard Freeport 1.

Nathaniel Ward
Ministry of Defence
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies
Pages: 1 2 3