Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Crayter Republic - 830 A.S. Presidential Elections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: UuJsIzJ.png]

Presidential Election
830 A.S.

830 A.S. marks a turning point in the Crayterian political sphere. After 8 years of leadership under Fiona Payne, the incumbent president has decided not to run for reelection, leaving new candidates to try their hand. While any citizen of the Republic may declare themselves a candidate, many will flock to notable political, economic, or social leaders to lead Crayter into a new decade of prosperity.

The current election season will run from the 6th of February to the 6th of August, during which hopefuls that have declares their candidacy may petition support for their campaign. This can be done via events such as, but not limited to, rallies, drives, or debate via public forums. Each candidate is required to fund their own campaign, though may accept donations through verified domestic third parties.

The following candidates, in order of declaration, have announced their candidacy for the presidency:

[Image: p6BzE44.png]
JOSHUA ELLIS
Running Mate: Edgar Thiel

Declaration: October 5th, 829 A.S.

About the Candidate:
"I am a financier from New Galene, a trade hub in the south of Yuma. I've spent most of my life working with money, and have contributed much to the financial system in our nation. However, we could do better.
Our nation came out of the war with Gallia in a far better position than we did going in, and cooperation with the major Sirian Houses in the Taus can only bring us forward. Crayter's growing financial sector, in combination with our cutting-edge industry, will tame the Taus and create a bulwark against future Gallic aggression. The IMG has no future within the Taus that we will be developing unless they join the Republic as either a full corporation or a federal charter signatory.
We have a great place to occupy in Sirius, and the Taus are that place. We can bring a stronger Crayter to the table, and join the prestigious Great Houses as a true equal."

Campaign Goals:
Expansion of the Crayter Military
Pacification of Inverness
Expansion of Veterans Benefits
Establishment of a Tau-Centered Free Trade Region
Incorporation of the Independent Miners Guild
Removal of Gallic Influence from the Taus

[Image: JQofoCJ.jpg]
CLARK McNALEN

Declaration: December 17th, 829 A.S.

About the Candidate:
"I have been the Director of Crayter Defense Industries for almost 16 years, and I believe that our Military is the key to our future. When I saw our beloved Hades being brought back home, sheared in half, I knew we needed to prioritize our country's defense over all else, and thus even on the campaign trail I've begun assembling a plan to bring our Military back to contention.
While I believe that we should use our allies to compliment our own forces, we should not rely on them. I also believe that we need to consider any expansion into neighboring territories at great lengths. Imperialism should have died with King Charles."

Campaign Goals:
Extensive Military Expansion
Rework Crayter's Political Policy
Establish a Central Defense Fund
Expand the Crayter Police
Reform the Crayter Intelligence Service

[Image: RqBMBaR.png]
JENNIFER DELANEY
This candidate is no longer individually campaigning in this election. Details about their platform and their person will remain for historical propriety.

Declaration: December 29th, 829 A.S.

About the Candidate:
"For the last seven years, I have been serving as Crayter's ambassador to Liberty, from the reclamation of Tau-44 to today. I've seen the fantastic things we can do when we work together, both with our allies in Liberty and Bretonia to our partners and friends in the IMG and the old Council, and with the environment of Sirius today, we need allies now more than ever.
We cannot, however, maintain our friendships through force. Our capable, yet understaffed, affairs offices and councils need all the support they can get to keep our nation as the rallying point for future conflicts. I plan to provide them with this support, and to ensure that whatever crisis we face we can solve through language and understanding."

Campaign Goals:
Substantial Support for Government Ministries
Rapprochement with the IMG
End the Tau Conflict
Rescind the Treaty of Harris
Sign a Separate Treaty with Kusari
Explore Solutions to Conflict with Auxo

[Image: xYdi3SG.png]
EDGAR THIEL
This candidate is no longer individually campaigning in this election. Details about their platform and their person will remain for historical propriety.

Declaration: January 14th, 830 A.S.

About the Candidate:
"I was once one of the IMG's regional administrators, coordinating mining within the deep Taus. I came to Crayter not long after Tau-44, and have since used my expertise to coordinate Conveyor Minerals operations in the Taus alongside the IMG. We had a strong relationship with our brothers once, but politics broke that like glass, but it can rebuild it as well.
Unlike other political leaning folk, I see the future of the IMG within Crayter's sphere of operation not as absorption, but as deep cooperation never before seen. With their expertise, and our combined capabilities, we can become a true rival to those from the Great Houses."

Campaign Goals:
Reconsiliation with the IMG
Adoption of Tau Systems into the Republic
Monopolization of Tau-based Resources
Rescinding of the Harris Treaty
Expansion of Mining Operations in the Taus

[Image: eHQl9R2.png]
ARRON STONE
Running Mate: Jennifer Delaney

Declaration: February 9th, 830 A.S.

About the Candidate:
"I am the current governor of the Tellus Colonial Region on Pecos, and the leading government official of the New Hope colony, currently for three years running. Before this, have been involved in numerous public works programs in the colony, and helped organize the construction of Outpost 28 on the colony's outer perimeter.
In my tenure serving the people of New Hope, I have repeatedly cooperated with our neighbors in Camp Lister, routinely exchanging personnel to support each colony's needs, as well as information during the recent gang incidents that resulted in dozens of arrests for freelance criminals. I've had to watch our country's actions from the sidelines, from the Aland Crisis to the recent humanitarian incident in Orkney, and have been blown away by how opportunistic our nation has become against neutrals and even friends.
I plan to change that from day one, and hopefully by the end of my term we'll be a better nation for it."

Campaign Goals:
Compensation to the IMG
Reopening Discussion with the Gallic Union
Expansion of Civil Services to Combat Humanitarian Crises
Expansion of Military Development Contracts
Amend Crayter's Foreign Policy
Amend the Treaty of Curacao
Develop Crayter's Spaceside Infrastructure

[Image: JM1K8XS.png]
KUNI FOWLER

Declaration: February 17th, 830 A.S.

About the Candidate:
"I own a small chain of artisan food stores around the isle in New Thessalonica. I don't have much experience in politics aside from local government, but the people of the community are what I feel the wider nation should aspire to be like: Close, collected, and most of all, understanding.
I don't agree with a lot of the things Ms. Payne's leadership has brought us, but I think it could be a lot worse. I want to use her accomplishments as a springboard, and right a lot of the wrongs we've done to our extraspacial community.

Campaign Goals:
This candidate has not yet provided goals for their campaign, or their submission is under review.

//ooRP Note:
These characters are open to the community for interaction, be it via the forum or even in-game. =CR= also welcomes foreign factions to interact with these characters in any manner they see fit, though we ask that any roleplay surrounding potentially removing any characters involved in the elections be discussed with =CR= HC before moving forward.
This thread will also occasionally be updated as new candidates are introduced.