Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Xeno Alliance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission
[Image: ndKvA3D.png]
[Image: 1BEJy7j.png]

ID: Captain Jack Frasier
Recipient: Xeno Alliance
Subject: Safe Harbor

Loading Message
[Image: bcH8bL7.png]

Hopefully this gets through.

This is Captain Jack Frasier of the Insurgency, contacting from the Abaddon. We've recently made headway under cover of the Barrier into the Cortez system, but have lost contact with the rest of Flight Alpha. Fuel reserves are stable, but telemetry indicates passage to expected coordinates is infeasible.

I'm sending a feeler out, as command earmarked the Alliance as 'an aloof neutral' not long before we left Veracruz. While our fuel situation is stable, we took substantial damage from Naval and Security Force assets in Magellan, and I'd rather not take my chances with actual pirates, given their loose affiliations and scrap-happy nature.

Assuming this reaches you, I look forward to your response.
Frasier, out.

[Image: hyZyC81.png]
Transmission Ends
[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: 2NPuoLa.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: M1M0f59.png]

Sender: Adjutant J. Royce
Recipient: Captain Jack Frasier
Subject: Re: Safe Harbor

You seem to have forgotten what happened in Bering.

Your diplomatic gambit might have played off in the short term. But remember that you cost us lives, people I know died so that you could play at politics.

Why should our Alliance help you?

Why should we do anything other than hold you in contempt and put you down when given the opportunity?

Aloof neutrality is putting it mildly, Captain. A lot of us would love to see you kicked out the nearest airlock. A repeat of Hesperia.

Your answer better be worth it.

"Fear the White Star."

☠ Transmission signal lost.
Incoming Transmission
[Image: ndKvA3D.png]
[Image: 1BEJy7j.png]

ID: Captain Jack Frasier
Recipient: Adjutant J. Royce
Subject: RE: Safe Harbor

Loading Message
[Image: bcH8bL7.png]

Adjutant Royce,

Call it 'equal disdain'. I wasn't a big fan of how the Commonwealth operated, nor of how the Separatists twisted Legion operations, but orders were orders. They drill that into you at West Point, and they drilled it into you at Monterrey. Didn't mean I liked them at times.

I wasn't involved in Bering, as we were stationed at Hesperia during the operation there. I was only the comm officer then, but even if I'd had authority to mobilize Lancer to the front, orders were orders. Guess I'm just lucky those orders saw us leave not long before your people showed up.

I'm not sugar-coating it. The Alliance is among our last options. It's either that, surrender and likely execution, or we get turned into toasters for some technofetishist, barring some miracle. At least with the Alliance we have sympathies.

I'm aware of how long the odds are, as are the crew. I have some contingencies planned, but if I know the Xenos well, and judging by your attitude I do, then at least I've made a head start in other directions.

Frasier, out.

[Image: hyZyC81.png]
Transmission Ends
[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: 2NPuoLa.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: M1M0f59.png]

Sender: Adjutant J. Royce
Recipient: Captain Jack Frasier
Subject: Re: Safe Harbor

Even if the Commander were to humor your request, our nearest facility isn't capable of supporting a vessel of your tonnage.

Cortez and California are not systems in which the Alliance traditionally operates, Coronado is a zone of contention we only scarcely stretch logistics to reach. If you intend to avail help, you'll have to reroute your course by a fair bit, at least a system in another direction.

That's assuming the base's administrator even wants you there. It's unlikely any proposal to help a Legionnaire would pass muster. Any potential for courtesy went out the window the moment your comrades elected to break the most recent ceasefire. It was issued by the Commander in the interests of seeing your fleeing population actually make it to their destination - Erie.

You'll have to make a compelling case for this to work at all.

"Fear the White Star."

☠ Transmission signal lost.