Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Captain Silas Graves | FROM: Dr. Aspen Harlow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: Smol.png]

Subject: Another Man's Treasure

Encryption Strength: Impossible

Hey again bud,

Followin' up with you on that little impromptu deal we were thinking up. Any Spatial hulls or parts you find that you think can be glued back into somethin' that flies good as new, you've got an interested party in me. In fact, I can recommend a few things.

For reasons it's probably better I don't get into, my old ship's remains might be hurtling through the void somewhere in Omicron Alpha, dependin' on whether anything survived the transition through the jump hole. It was torn up pretty bad, but maybe whatever's left could be given some TLC at a shipwright. Could be flyin' my very own little ghost ship!

If I was you, I'd check around Mahon Dust Cloud and the outer nebulas. Mind the locals, of course. They're ruthless killers.

If that doesn't work out, maybe your Junker buddies could point you in the direction of a different one, or maybe the parts you need to get it going again? At the end of the day I don't mind, as long as she's spaceworthy.

For your troubles, I can of course offer ya money, or if you've got any particular scientific interests, we've got a wealth of data to draw on we can share... 'long as you aren't lookin' for anything with combat applications.

Let me know which you'd prefer, and what it might cost. Be happy to accommodate ya, captain.

--Dr. Aspen Harlow
Exploration, SLRC

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.

》》》 From: YOUR NAME

》》》 To: Doctor Harlow

》》》 Subject: Re: Another Man's Treasure

Hello Doctor!

My apologies for taking a few days to get back to you on this, We received the message during a portion of our route that I prefer to run silent in, just to be safe.

On the topic of your old ship, I have to admit I'm thankful if your ship was lucky enough to drift through the Jump Hole. If whatever you were fighting was nasty enough that fleeing to Alpha felt like a good idea, I'm not sure I want to meet them. It's one of those systems I'd go out of my way to steer clear of with a crippled ship.

That said, however, I wouldn't call my relationship with the Outcasts good by any means, but they seem content with allowing me to travel through the system on my routes without being accosted. I'm currently en route to Ikarus with my first delivery, and will see about slipping up to Alpha once we depart.

If you could give me any more specific coordinates on that jump hole, it would be much appreciated. Depending on where it lets out, this might be a little more complicated. Not sure how happy they're gonna be if a Salvager starts prowling around certain parts of the system, but I'm willing to bring something valuable along to try and strike a deal if things go south.

As for the idea for research for payment... I admit, I'm not entirely clear on what your station specializes in, but if you fine folks are willing and able to share any information that might assist us in upgrading our engines and sensors, I wouldn't say no. Something to discuss later.

Captain Silas Graves

[Image: Smol.png]

Subject: RE: Another Man's Treasure

Encryption Strength: Impossible

Well, see, that's sort of the rub.

The jump hole we entered Alpha through, I'm not entirely sure it has a defined exit point in the system. If that sounds odd, I don't blame you. All I know is that it spat us out near one of the existing stable jump holes already present. Though, I think I take your meaning...

Let's just say that for no particular reason, you're under no obligation to search anywhere near sector Foxtrot 4, even if no salvage turns up elsewhere. And you should certainly, definitely not go there for any other reason, either. Trust me.

When it comes to your ship's systems: I think you'll find our data to be of some use there. We don't have facilities for the work, but we happen to have a proper expert on-station when it comes to drives. Mr. Radoli will know just what kind of tweaks can be made to your array, I imagine. I can wring some cooperation out of 'em for you.

If you end up havin' to bribe your way around trouble in Alpha, I'll make darn sure you're compensated with credits too on top of the look at your engines. It'd only be fair.

--Dr. Aspen Harlow
Exploration, SLRC

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.