Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: N.O.R.A.D.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.

I am Vladimir Tinkerbell...Junker, founder and former chief arbiter of the Junker Congress and known to many of you. I brokered the Neutral Space Treaty about Yanagi with the Outcasts and Corsairs and negotiated the long standing non-aggression pact with the Harvesters. Additionally, I united Junkers to resist piratical predations of independent criminals about our bases and provided a quick response force for the contingency of larger attacks. I also pushed for the production of the first Junker bomber--the Recycler.

In all of this, I remained consistent in one thing--my staunch opposition to the Wild. Nomad infested, former humans now driven mad with a lust for revenge and power. Alien creatures who cannot be trusted and once threatened all of surviving mankind yet are now ignorantly almost forgotten. Their threat remains and even as I broadcast this, their ranks swell and their bases expand. Now they push once more into Kusari and rumors abound that they have never truly left Rheinland. Wild attacks happen almost hourly at Yanagi and Keepers have destroyed Junker vessels within ten kilometers of Rochester Base.

Many of us Junkers became aware of the existence of Gallia before its mine fields were breached. During my rumored explorations of the Rift, I was in fact exploring Gallia. They are fearsome ship and weapons designers and introduce a whole new economy and politic to Sirius.

But what if they are infiltrated by the Nomads-Wild? I resigned my post as chief arbiter of the Congress and began amassing capital to construct a diplomatic and scientific mission to warn Gallic factions of the Wild. Now I am ready to begin.

I offer my services freely and as a true neutral party to all non-hostile entities who wish to share information regarding the Wild and to a lesser extent, the Nomads (though they are essentially the same). This is not a duplication of the legendary Order or an attempt to build an actual alliance but rather a mission to encourage all groups to develop plans and procedures to resist Wild-Nomad attempts at intrusion and infiltration. My mission will provide data, technology, research and diplomatic communication in an unbiased and non-partisan manner to insure these creatures do not one day extinguish all human life. I invite interested parties to contact me or respond here. The mission is known as Nomad Operational Research And Development or as its acronym, NORAD

Currently I have diplomatic credentials recognized by the Junker Congress, the Harvesters and one house which I am not at liberty to discuss. In addition, I have been received by three Gallic factions to date and will be attempting to contact the ruling government there shortly. Other factions in Sirius have graciously received my independent mission and have expressed interest in working with it.

The Nomads have not forgotten us and we must never forget them I will never forget nor will I stand by and watch as they attempt to out wait the memory of men so they can strike decisively.

I ask any institutions, individuals, corporations, house governments , factions or alliances to consider formal recognition of my diplomatic status. Doing so simply means that I may pass safely without threat of boarding, attack or confiscation of ship or goods in those areas under their control. It also assures I have the right of reasonable safe harbor within their spheres of influence--sanctuary in the event of hostile action and a right to basic vessel resupply and repair.

In return, I will provide access to all Nomad and Wild related information in the Library of Congress Junker database which also includes access to technological developments and scientific findings regarding the Wild and Nomads. No faction-sensitive materials will be shared but all other information will be freely given to participating parties. Diplomatic partners will be granted peaceful access for meetings and a neutral meeting area for diplomacy in the Puerto Rico system when requested with Junker protection provided while there. Artificial Intelligences will be considered for full diplomatic status as well--the Harvesters being the first so recognized.

A very ambitious project regarding the Wild is fifty percent funded at present but requires an additional 250 million credits to complete. Those wishing to contribute may forward donations of any size to the finance vessel N.O.R.A.D. which holds the funds for the project. Those contributing will be first given information regarding the commissioning of this project. It does not involve warship construction.

Please respond here with any suggestions, questions or requests and my staff will respond promptly to them.

In Memory of Illynia,
Ambassador Vladimir Tinkerbell
***Incoming Transmission***
**DECRYPTING**

Source:Citoyen-Roi
Destination:Ambassador.V.Tinkerbell

Ambassador Tinkerbell,

After your recent visit to Gallic space I spent a great deal of time considering what you had to say. As you have no doubt come to realize the politics in Gallia are quite complex. Additionally our state of war with the Monarchy makes security a very real concern of The Council. In the end though, it is the Gallic people I serve, and the alien threat posed by the Wilde is something that I feel Gallia must be prepared for.

As such I formally recognize your diplomatic status on behalf of The Loyalistes de Phillipe Renaud under the following conditions:

1) You may not mount any scanner other than the most basic 'Scanner' while in Council space. Although I do not believe you personally would sell any information regarding the disposition of Council forces to the GRN I think there is a chance a member of your crew might, given the GRN will certainly provide strong incentives for such data. Council technicians will be happy to make this change to your equipment at no cost at any of our stations when you pass in and out of our territory.

2)You will not carry more then 5 units of any illicit substance or commodity that involves human suffering in Council Space, including:

Cardamine
Slaves
Human Organs

If you are caught in violation on any of these conditions you will be asked to leave Council space immediately and your diplomatic status will not be recognized until a formal hearing can be convened to address the issue and restore or deny said status.

I hope you will agree to these conditions as the future of the Gallic people, of my people, is of great concern to me.

Sincerely,
Philippe Renaud

***End Transmission***
*BEGIN TRANS*

This foolish endeavor is simply an attempt by the Junkers to profit at the expense of other parties by falsely maligning them. We will of course endeavor to rescue pilots taken from us but we have no interests in this "Gallia". We have our own systems that are quite sufficient and we seek only to co-exist in peace. Please do not aid these xenophobic terrorists or feed their delusions by joining with and helping them. We desire no direct contact with any of you.

*END TRANS*
***Outgoing Transmission***
**ENCRYPTING**

Source:Ambassador.V.Tinkerbell
Destination:Citoyen-Roi

These terms are fully agreeable monsieur and it is a honor to be received by you.

Our last trip in your space may have resulted in scans that showed a variety of items you named and others you did not. By way of clarification, these items are not mere "contraband" but part of our scientific presentation. Their types and quantities will be reduced so as to accommodate your requirements while in your space. A large scale vessel is being outfitted as we speak and further research will be done there negating the need for carrying many such items anyway. We will demount our primary scanner while in your space and this is quite reasonable request. Following is an inventory of things carried aboard our conference vessel with an explanation of their purpose:

Slaves: These are not "slaves" at all but rather humans infected by the Wild but showing little visible evidence of such a state. No known cure exists for them and they of course wish to escape feeling they are not ill or a threat. They are unaware that they will shortly go through excruciatingly painful physical changes and our scientists will attempt to help them and ease their suffering at that stage.

Synthetic Marijuana:
Is used to help pacify and sedate human hosts when they become stressed or aggressive.

Nomad Brains: Cryogenicallly preserved samples of Nomad tissues and organs taken from pure Nomad ships destroyed in combat--and gathered at some great personal risk. The are implanted with nanocapacitors actuated by Harvester AI bioneural packs and can be rendered inert at will or destroyed.

Wild: These are full-stage infectees--fully transformed and assimilated with only the appearance of humanity remaining. They are fully controlled Nomad hosts and are quite devious and extremely dangerous. They also are implanted with nanocapitors for control and security.

Cardamine:
Small amounts help preserve collected Nomad organs and stimulate responses in them. It also helps pacify the Wild--often settling them down when administered.

Human Organs: These are laboratory cloned and grown organs--not harvested from living beings. They are used to study possible vaccines and cures to stop or slow infection by the Wild.

Thermonuclear Device:
This is used to sterilize all laboratory samples onboard in the event of a quarantine control breach. An armored plate will detach from the reinforced and shielded cargo bay of the freighter on detonation and channel the blast plasma into space--but not before a several million degree heat has vaporized all Nomad specimens within the hull. The ship remains unharmed after such a blast...only the scientific hold is sterilized and the blast fuses all internal cargo locks shut.

Counterfeit Software: Is simply AI based technology jointly developed by the Harvesters and Junkers that is connected through bioneural controls to implanted nanocapictors and monitors. Harvester and Nomad tissues are mutually destructive in contact with one another and this insures no organic infection or takeover of the ship controls.

***End Transmission***
I am encouraged to have already received three additional contacts and look forward to others responding. Any who wish to contribute to the NORAD project are especially encouraged to forward donations of any size to the science vessel N.O.R.A.D.

For diplomatic attention please privately message me or respond on this channel.
*IMPORTANT UPDATE*

Apologies...the replies overwhelmed our neural net storage for messages and I did not receive them. Those who attempted private communication please do so again at this time and we will receive them.

Technology...can't live with it, can't live without it.
*RE-TRANSMITTING*
****Incoming Transmission****
****Com ID: Arbiter Jack Crow****

It's good to see you back in public service where you belong. Be assured of my full support. In fact I don't think there is a Congress member alive who wouldn't be willing to assist you should the need arise.

Crow Out

****End Transmission****
[Incoming Transmission]
[ID: Seth Karlo, Ex-Malarlo Stores owner.]

Ambassador,

As you seem to be having trouble aquiring the funds required for this endevour, I shall have a quiet word with my accountant about forwarding another 250 million credits to you.

I shall need to investigate my bank balance quite carefully however, as we have already sent you 250 million towards this project, you can never be too careful, I'm sure you understand.

We shall be in contact soon.

Seth.

[Transmission ends]