Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Section 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 4eMU2qc.png]

IDENTIFICATION: Caliban
SUBJECT: Missed me?

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Beaumont Station, Texas System

Pick up, Hawkins.

Your poorly informed envoy decided to come by Kepler some time ago. I'm guessing he got the message that I don't discuss things through intermediaries. But you. Oh... You.

Feel like crawling out of your hidey-hole and having some real talk? Your lackeys are awful at negotiations.

That is all.
[Image: iO7z9dm.png]
Section 8

Sender ID: Hawkins
Receiver ID: Caliban
Encryption: Bastion

Negotiations

Caliban,

I see our offer piqued your interest after all, despite your obstinate claims otherwise. Clearly our "envoy" did a fine job. What is it you would like to discuss?

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Ames Research Station, Kepler System

Hawkins.

Offer? I see it as a desperate means for you to get out of a tight situation. But does that really matter to you in the end? Probably not.

I want you to reach either Kepler or Galileo. We're talking face to face. I hardly trust the Neural Net with privacy.

Besides, I want to look my killer in the eyes when I talk to them. You haven't forgotten that mishap, have you?
Section 8

Negotiations

Caliban,

You will not be meeting anyone face to face in the foreseeable future. You have shot upon our operatives and requested that Section 8 - and I quote - "bring me Hawkins' head on a pike." I am sure you understand that Section 8 does not take such actions lightly and will not needlessly endanger any of its operatives. However, we may be able to accommodate a meeting ship to ship in the coming days. In Ontario. I am sure you know how to reach the system.

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Planet Manhattan, New York System

Hawkins.

Of course you won't. Let me give you a clear picture of how things will go. The more you avoid facing your "failure", the more damage will be done to your operations. I don't need to do much on that regard.

And when people will figure out what type of person you are and the likes of who you aligned with, you'll beg for that meeting I proposed to have taken place.

"Vatan" won't be able to help you this time.
Section 8

Negotiations

Caliban,

If you believe that Section 8 will entertain further vague threats from you, you are sorely mistaken. We presented our offer in good faith, but we will gladly rescind it if you choose to stay this course. You do not pose the grave danger to us that you believe you do.

I look forward to a more amicable reply or none at all.

[Image: mP5cnfF.png]
[Image: Q7ddW7H.png]

[Image: IEhG6LJ.png?2]
...initializing.system.redoubt...
...securing.connection...
...connection.secured...
...uploading.data.packet41...
...finalizing.data.migration.to.primary.matrix...complete...
...WARNING:INCOMPATIBLITY.ERROR.HAS.OCCURED.AT:1540HOURS...
IDENTIFICATION: "Caliban"
[Image: glF4FsQ.png]
MESSAGE ORIGIN: [ERROR]

Hawkins.

Missed me, didn't you? Yeah, thought as much. We've got a thing or two to talk about.

You might want to hear this one. Or not - don't say I haven't tried the amicable way of clearing things up despite past actions on your end and mine.
Section 8

Negotiations

Caliban,

We appreciate that you did not once more stoop to empty threats and outrageous demands. What matter would you like to discuss this time?

[Image: mP5cnfF.png]
[Image: Q7ddW7H.png]

[Image: IEhG6LJ.png?2]
...initializing.system.redoubt...
...securing.connection...
...connection.secured...
...uploading.data.packet41...
...finalizing.data.migration.to.primary.matrix...complete...
...WARNING:INCOMPATIBLITY.ERROR.HAS.OCCURED.AT:1540HOURS...
IDENTIFICATION: "Caliban"
[Image: glF4FsQ.png]
MESSAGE ORIGIN: [ERROR]

Hawkins.

Some things are better said in person. This is one of those times.

Omicron Delta in an hour or two? No strings attached. All I'm asking is that I see you, not one of your goons.
Section 8

Negotiations

Caliban,

My apologies for the delayed response. We have been quite occupied with other matters. I am afraid a detour to the Omicrons is currently out of the question. Might I instead suggest a meeting in the Sigma-59 system?

Pages: 1 2