Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: DSR | From: SLRC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: SLRC_Logo_Avatar.png]
Starlight Research Consortium
Chasing starlight since 829 A.S.

[Image: 3c423aae5c4cbe298b6edeb139406301smol.jpg]

To: "DSR"

Subject: Joint Research

Encryption Strength: Impossible

Greetings and Salutations,

It was a pleasure to meet you both this evening outside of the Freeport in Sigma-15 and unfortunate that it was interrupted by the Nomad eavesdropping on our discussions.

Speaking more to what I was describing before departing is simple yet still partially classified due to the nature of the device these batteries will be both drawing power from as well as funneling into depending on the situation and proven theories involved.

The batteries will need to be able to maintain and hold a charge of 200 Terrawatts. We estimate, based on current technologies, that this will require a battery pack around the size of a standard Civilian Cruiser (Bustard Class). This device will be connected to our station for the purposes of:
  • Providing power.
  • Drawing power from REDACTED.
  • Funneling power into REDACTED in order to REDACTED.
  • In order to stabilize REDACTED.
  • Detonating the charge in the case of auto-destruct.

We hope you understand the need for the classified and redacted nature of our research. If you are able to provide the resources we would need for this project, we can provide you and your team research data into the anomalies revolving Ikarus, and even give you a tour of our facilities if you desired...the unclassified areas, of course.

Get back to me when you can. There's no rush at the moment as we are still in Phase One of our upgrade, so we have the time. Again, it was a pleasure meeting you both this evening.

Sincerely,

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery
Director and Lead Researcher, SLRC

Ever upwards, towards starlight!

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.

Subject: RE: Joint Research

[Image: dish.png]
Boosting Transmission

[Image: 4ACI5LZ.png]

¤ Source: Security Office, Arnsberg Reserach Institute
¤ Recipient: Dr. Sailas Montgomery
¤ User: K.v.Potsdam
¤ Priority: Medium
¤ Encryption: Routine
¤ Subject: RE: RE: Joint Research

Guten tag, Doctor Montgomery.

Your request remains in the forefront of our considerations. Please allow us the time we need to finish these discussions – you have laid out quite the task for us.

Regarding your request, 200 Terrawatts is… quite a capacity. I humbly request you to reverify your calculations.

If this request was not in error, then it may still be possible. Please consult the attached documents for the first planned shipment.

It is to my understanding that Doctor Batsbak will respond to you shortly.

Danke for your time,

Kaspar von Potsdam
Security Consultant, Deep Space Research

DEEP SPACE RESEARCH
We go where others turn around!

DEEP SPACE RESEARCH
We go where others turn around

[Image: 4xLfzzyI1KnYKuNUhs70--13--3ypue.jpg?tr=w-1600,c-at_max]
Dr. Richard Batsbak
To : Dr. Sailas Montgomery
Subject : Joint Research
Encryption level : Medium

Guten Tag Dr. Montgomery,

It was indeed a pleasure to meet you, and I must say, the sudden appearance of a nomad took us all by surprise. The mysteries of the universe never cease to amaze.

200TW sounds like an unusually large amount.

I understand, of course, that certain things must be kept secret. Naturally, I also have such projects, but you have piqued my curiosity nonetheless, and I hope that you will soon reveal the secret.

Regarding your inquiry, could you please explain in more detail how we can assist you in this endeavor?

Furthermore, I would like to express my joy about your invitation and hope for further meetings with you soon.

Sincerly,

[Image: T5PDjYy.png]

Captain of the research vessel "New Horizon"
Administrator of the "Arnsberg Research Institute"

Subject: Joint Research

Greetings and Salutations to you both.

Indeed, 200 Terrawatts is a massive amount of power (and is not a calculation error), but we need a truly massive amount of power in order to properly do what we are intending to do with it. Trust me when I say this is probably on the conservative end of what power we're estimating we will need. The truth of what we will need it for will have to wait. Trust me, once you see what it's intended for, you will understand.

Basically, what we will need is to components for the batteries delivered to Ikarus in Tau-23. We can give you a tour of the facility ahead of time if you would like so you are aware of it's location. Our techs will be able to compile the batteries together for our intended purposes and have them constructed into a useable format for our purposes once Ikarus Phase Two is completed.

The list is quite extensive and may take some time to fully stock aboard Ikarus, which is fine:

Item Amount Required
Cobalt 10,000 Units
Gold 10,000 Units
Lanthanum 10,000 Units
Nickel 10,000 Units
Niobium 10,000 Units
Silver 10,000 Units
Vanadium 10,000 Units
Zinc 10,000 Units
Plastics 10,000 Units

As I said, this is quite an extensive list and it should be noted that this is not a rush order by any means. Please take your time on getting us these items. The payout for the contract will be substantial once complete. We can offer around 100 Petabytes(units) (300,000,000SC Value) of research(Sci-data) to start off with and then scale that up to a final payment of your choosing.

Sincerely,

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery

DEEP SPACE RESEARCH

Dr. Richard Batsbak

Dr. Montgomery,

that's quite an extensive list of requirements you have there. It seems you have quite the ambitious project in mind. While our transporters were originally procured for a different purpose, I believe we can make the necessary arrangements to provide you with the materials you need. Rest assured, we are committed to supporting your endeavors.

Considering your mention of not being in a pressing rush, I will personally instruct our team to prioritize the inclusion of these supplies in our upcoming tours. We want to ensure that everything is meticulously prepared and delivered to you in a timely manner.

To keep you fully informed, I will make it a point to regularly send you the delivery bills. Transparency is key, and I want you to be up to date with the progress and logistics of your requested supplies. Should you have any additional specifications or modifications, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Furthermore, I must say that I am quite intrigued by your station and the work you are undertaking. I would be delighted to join one of these upcoming tours and have the pleasure of personally witnessing Ikarus.

Sincerly,

DEEP SPACE RESEARCH

Dr. Richard Batsbak

Dr. Montgomery,

I have recently received concerning information indicating the unavailability of Lanthanum for procurement. Regrettably, this crucial element is exclusively obtainable in Weimar, situated in Thuringia, which is currently inaccessible to civilians. Consequently, our attempts to secure the required supply of Lanthanum for transportation to Arnsberg have been fruitless thus far, as we lack a reliable supplier capable of facilitating this process.

Sincerly,

Dr. Batsbak,

Not to worry, we can look into an alternative material with a similar atomic mass to replace this metal for our uses. Thanks for the heads up. Any other problems with the other materials?

Sincerely,

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery

Dr. Batsbak,

How goes the supply? Have you run into any other issues with any of the other materials?

Sincerely,

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery

DEEP SPACE RESEARCH

Dr. Richard Batsbak

Dr. Montgomery,

We have just completed the delivery of vanadium.
Next week I will start delivering niobium and silver.
If there are any problems I will let you know.

Sincerly,

Pages: 1 2