Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Dr. John Holliday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

☆ From: James A. Porter

☆ To: Dr. John Holliday
☆ CC: Ezra, Henry Rowan, Saraswati

☆ Subject: Bethlehem Station

Doc,

We had an interesting development from Bethlehem just now. I'd treat it with caution, but knowing how the Navy's acting lately, I'm sending you the details since you're pretty much overseeing the station at this point.

We had several Navy ships show up again, though they didn't take the lane in. They seemed to be watching the station from distance, then disappeared, only to show up again out of nowhere at point blank range, and started opening fire. While the heavier ships and fighters looked to target us, a pair of siege cruisers were reportedly firing at the station, though others claimed they were firing pretty erratically. I didn't find any captures of the cruisers, though, so take that claim with a grain of salt.

I can't imagine this isn't connected with Erie, or that these ships were part of any of the main fleets or the one we've been in talks with. If it is, then it's leverage against Liberty, though I doubt enough to make them reconsider what they're doing in Pennsylvania.

Good luck, Doctor, and stay safe.

James Augustus Porter
Captain, Defense Vessel Dominica

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Captain James Porter

Captain,

This is disturbing but not totally unheard of. I have encountered these "Unknowns" in my travels and they are indeed hostile. I have encountered them in the Omegas and Omicrons alike so I do not believe them to be part of the Liberty fleet. I would also suggest we keep a lid on this as the one time I mentioned it to house authorities I was told that I "saw nothing and that this channel is now government property."

Hopefully this is but a one time incident but please keep me posted.

Dr. John Holliday
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]

[Image: aiLk9cI.png]
[To]: Dr. John Holliday
[From]: Carrier Saraswati, Wilken Sorensen
[Subject]: RE: Bethlehem Station
[Encryption]: ABSOLUTE

This is Wilken Sorensen, Captain of the Carrier Saraswati.

...The situation at Bethlehem Station over the past six hours is steadily developing. At the current moment, the Navy is attempting to aggressively and forcefully enforce Liberty Laws within range of the No-Fire-Zone, as well as attempting to poke fights for most likely propaganda footage.

...One of these stunts were attempted roughly three hours after the attack by those scrambled IFFed ships where fighter under callsign [Lance-2] alongside [Gunboat Erie] were trying to get a hostile reaction from us, beforehand we requested them to leave Bethlehem's No-Fire-Zone to not cause panic across station's decks - they were ultimately thwarted after my ship had stand-off with these bandits.

You will have logs attached below for context, Doctor.

Last thing: how is it down there on Erie?

[TRANSMISSION COMPLETE]
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Captain Wilken Sorensen

Greetings, Captain,

I am thinking the Liberty military is still poking for reactions. I would say do not give them the satisfaction but that is easier said than done but it seems you did just that. A job well done to your crew. It shows that we are better than they are.

Here on the surface, life is going on. A lot of the Zoner population here and it is large in number are still going about their day as if nothing happened. It sort of reminds me of a time in history on Sol when the German military kept bombing the city of London yet the civilians kept going about their days. Difference here is, they are not being bombed and they refuse to give the Liberty government what it wants by stopping.

I will be here awhile monitoring things. Do keep me posted.

-Doc