Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >: Zoners of Pennsylvania and CC'd recpts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: 2NPuoLa.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: Zoners of Pennsylvania
[CC: Hemlocke; Anja Beringer; Nicole Hayes]

Subject: Erie

I won't cheapen your situation with pity.

You just lost your home, there's nothing in the way of words that can soothe pain of that magnitude. But there's plenty to be done if we want the people who come after us to be in a position where they can enjoy what you had, before it was ripped away in one swoop of Congress deciding to be greedy. So let me start by addressing one facet of conflict.

Wars are fought through force of arms, but also hearts and minds. I'm sure that in the department of the latter, you win with little contest compared to the faceless apparatus that is the Congress of Liberty. You also stand to pull support from all corners of the Sector, but we have to accept the dull reality that logistics is what actually wins wars.

And on that note, I have to point out that I have weapons, vehicles, and even volunteers willing to fight for you, but no place for any of it to go.

Can we start by addressing that elephant in the room? And may I also request some insight into what exactly happened during this operation spearheaded by the Alma? I'm hearing all sorts through a variety of channels, but it helps to have a firsthand account.

We'll work from there.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.

☆ From: James A. Porter

☆ To: 'Cobra'

☆ Subject: Bethlehem Station

'Cobra',

This is James Porter, a defense ship captain attached to the Bethlehem defense zone. While I'm not a Pennsylvania native, I do receive notices from Bethlehem's communications databases, and have been trying to help local Zoner leaders such as Doctor John Holliday and the community aboard Bethlehem to, if not salvage diplomacy with Liberty, at least help provide a hand in their defense.

While my control vessel Dominica was not part of the action at Erie yesterday, my gunship St. Martin most certainly was.
Local Zoners planetside were attempting to evacuate material and people from the planet's surface, which Liberty's forces took to using as target practice. I'm not sure precisely how much was able to make it, but I know Liberty didn't get as many as they were gunning for. Alma seemed to focus more on the fighting around Erie, and during the battle managed to take down the Defense Ship Pinnacle, but was quickly turned away after what I can only describe as a wave of absolute fury was aimed towards it from the rest of the defense.

I won't lie. Yesterday was an absolute shitshow, and while Med Force was able to get a lot of people out, they were also caught in the middle of it all. There's likely a bunch of innocents still hovering in orbit over there. I can't say where the defense had the supplies they'd lifted sent to, as I don't know yet, but since they didn't bring it to Bethlehem, it's a fair shot to say that any aid your people would like to provide can likely be sent there. It doesn't seem like Liberty is sending anything against Bethlehem at the moment with anywhere near the same level of organization they had yesterday.

I'm just one Zoner, though, and there were a lot of people there attached to the zone that can offer their insight as well. I'd also try and ask the Doc for clarity, as he's in charge of Bethlehem ad interim until the Freeport Network can update their official documentation.

James Augustus Porter
Captain, Defense Vessel Dominica

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Cobra

Cobra,

It has been quite some time since we spoke. I do hope this finds you well. I am currently planetside on Erie at my own personal home there and I can tell you this, there are still a lot of Zoners here. Those that wanted to leave did so and can do so if they wish but most are staying. The pain of Gran Canaria lives with us all. I lost one home there and I will NOT lose another if that means my dying to fight for what I have. While I am here, I am rendering medical aid to the injured and their are a good many of them to include a security pilot of mine who was a victim in yesterdays fighting even though he never got off a shot.

Me? I am not a fighter pilot by any means. I am, however, very good on the ground. I have a contact that can get a lot of what we need if I ask him but rest assured, I have enough to create a lot of problems for any would be attackers if it comes to that. Walking amongst a couple of the many small settlements here, most people have continued their daily lives even though they know what has gone on. They are proud and feel that to stop their current lifestyles because of a government is giving them what they want which is something they just refuse to do.

I plan to be here awhile. I intend to represent the Zoner people to the government and the Zoner people of Pennsylvania as well at the request of many. Right now, it is my calling. You can reach me at any time.

-Doc
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

[CC: Hemlocke; Anja Beringer; Nicole Hayes]

Doc.

I know you're committed to sticking it out no matter what happens, but bear in mind that you're a representative for a cause now. That makes you a target, and a priority target at that. So with respect, it's not just about you and your willingness to take risks.

Falling back to regroup isn't the same thing as conceding defeat either, stubborn reluctance is a guaranteed risk though. But I also know I can't force you to change your mind and think strategically rather than along humanitarian lines, but it's advice all the same.

Can you tell me anything else about what happened? Were any arrests made? If there were, then I can see about organizing an effort to have your people secured before they wind up on one of Liberty's prison ships. It wouldn't be out of the norm for us.

I also trust that this goes without saying, but consider this channel open for coordination between our groups. Squaring up with one of the Houses is typically a group effort.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

[Image: YkyoImJ.png]

---[[[ Incoming Datastream, Comms-Grade
---[[[ Sender ID: Anja Beringer
---[[[ Message Source: [EXACT LOCATION UNIDENTIFIABLE: GUESSTIMATING LIKELIEST SOURCE]
---[[[ Likeliest Source: Walker Nebula
---[[[ Data Integrity: Data Integrity OK
---[[[ Processing Comm

Good to hear from you, Cobra.

I wasn't around during the big battle at Erie. It hurts my heart knowing that people died because I wasn't there to defend them, but I've found myself playing a different role in this conflict. Can we meet in Hudson later? I need to bribe you for a favor with a special treat.

[[[ Attachments
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

Recipient: Anja Beringer

I'll be there.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

[CC: Hemlocke]

I need a report on the situation.

Whoever is heading up this resistance effort, at least I hope someone is, needs to start pulling together and communicating. What are the current problems you're facing? What are the things you need?

I can only help fix these problems if I'm aware of their existence. Talk to me, damn it.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

[Image: 1L0w5KR.png]

Transmission received

Recipient(s): -Zoners of Pennsylvania -|- Cobra-
Sender: <|> Josie "Rose" Hemlocke <|>
Subject: <|> Red eyes over Erie <|>

[Image: Hemlockes_Eye.png]

"Well."

"On my end of things, the Slaughter is positioned in Pennsylvania currently guarding Zoner movements off the lanes between the California anomaly and Hallam."

"With the Alma abandoning California as it has, whatever defenders remained are stretched thin attempting to keep the peace there, mine are stirring things up enough back home that any supply runs should be unhindered until they reach Pennsylvania. The run across system here will be difficult however.

"As far as I can tell with the navy's behavioral patterns seems limited to off and on harassment of Bethlehem visitors, though this seems mostly due to lack of "illegal" activity on the Zoner's part."

"Resources wise, from what I've been told by the singular Zoner I've met that's doing anything spaceborne, Doctor Aspen Harlow. Black Market Munitions in specific name are required wherever their resistance base is located. Agreement was I'd use my.. unsavory contacts to the south to get access to those without Doctor Harlow having to stick their neck out, or rip out their own organs to afford it."

"I'm handling that arrangement currently."

"I'd suggest you talk directly to Harlow for anything I'm not aware of, and that in detail is by and large the Zoner's supply situation.

~ Hemlocke ~

Attachment(s):

N/A

Transmission terminated

[Image: Smol.png]

Subject: Pinnacle of Resistance

Encryption Strength: Impossible

That would be me - I'm Doctor Harlow. It's good to meet you, Commander.

I don't seek to portray myself as a leader here - I'm just a trusted agent, a representative. However, I've taken on the responsibility of organizing material aid for my bravest brothers and sisters to benefit from, for their sake. I can be your ally in handling that, if you want to be ours. We'd welcome the additional means.

First, I'll address the elephant for you, Commander, as well as inform any of our fellows not already aware. In the Driftwood Field, in close orbit of Lansdale, is where the logistics are being handled for now, preparing a foundation. I'll share a (complete) (manifest) of what our most pressing supply concerns are.

As it stands, building a suitable refuge is the current priority. Consumer goods and boron are greatly wanted, among the other items on the list. If you intended to funnel fighting resources towards the ground, for now I would suggest further relaying with Doc Holiday on that front, though some people close to me may be able to help if you run into trouble.

--Dr. Aspen Harlow

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

[CC: Hemlocke]

Doctor Harlow.

You're younger than I expected, somehow I always seem to picture anyone with that prefix as being grey and sagely in appearance. Regardless, thank you for the insight, this is the exact sort of data I need to get the ball rolling.

With regard to your manifest of materials needed, we can readily supply you with the required amount of robotic hardware. We produce these things locally and can have them relayed to you for final shipment toward the outpost in question.

I must ask though, would it be possible to substitute your need for munitions with light arms instead? Or is this a requirement rather than a preference? If this is possible, we can fulfill that quota as well.

I'll keep your suggestion about the other Doctor in mind. But for now I am looking for a staging ground in space to coordinate logistics, the outpost would be ideal for this, if finished to accommodate the volunteers from our militia. Additionally, I'll make an appeal before our assembly at its next hearing to try and rally support and muster the political will necessary to have more branches of the LFR intervene on your behalf.

For now though, I'd like to start shipments of all the retrofitted mining rigs my people prepared for you in advance.

[Image: vypr.png]

We had initially hoped we'd have more time for preparation, and that confrontation with Liberty would be something that involved all of us. But even my most pessimistic projections for their timetable were overly optimistic. Something's different there, because my math isn't wrong, but it's likely certain variables have changed. I suspect there's been shifts in rhetoric within the Government. I'll put out some feelers and see what I can learn, we might be able to exploit division if it exists.

I'll see that your resource requirements are met, please let me know if the substitution of munitions for light arms is feasible, and also please notify me when the outpost is able to accommodate the militia and the aforementioned mining rigs I intend to send over. I understand that your people may need training in how to operate these vehicles, I'm prepared to make arrangements for this if necessary. But if time is truly of the essence, then I will appoint personnel from our side to crew them in your stead.

Please get back to me on this and we can work from there, Doctor.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

Pages: 1 2 3