Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: False Pretenses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Frostbyte.png]

Log Begin
ID: Frostbyte
Time: 8.7.830 2315 Hours - Texas System
Subject: Operation Start

Code:
RTRN@Spire-JN:~$ cat /etc/passwd | grep RTRN
RTRN:x:1337:7331:NULL: /home/rtrn/hatchet: /bin/bash
RTRN@Spire-JN:~$ sudo passwd root
[sudo] password for Spire-JN:
root@Spire-JN:~$ pkill -9 -u RTRN
root@Spire-JN:~$ usermod -l Frostbyte RTRN
root@Spire-JN:~$ usermod -m -d /home/Frostbyte Frostbyte
root@Spire-JN:~$ usermod -u 7764 Frostbyte
root@Spire-JN:~$ exit

It's done.

After 20 some odd years of being RTRN_NULL, I've changed my name and purged the Neural Net's of my previous moniker. Whatever had taken down the Directive would not follow me to my new residence and life.

After they got my father out of his cell at Sugarland and made the man who put him there suffer, I worked for them for a period of time. However, as soon as they came into my life, they inexplicably disappeared like a fart in the wind. I made some inquiries about what happened to them but found only more questions. The Muninn network had collapsed as if it never had existed to begin with and everyone associated with the organization went to ground.

Including myself.

I returned to Beaumont Base with my father. Even his short time spent in Sugarland had adversely affected his health. Not enough for him to stop working, mind you, but enough that it was noticeable. A few weeks spent there drove me mad. So mad that I pointed my receiver at the Spire in the distance and attempted to brute force the abandoned station. To my complete shock, I got in.

I unlocked the mooring points and docking bays and flew over in my dad's old Salvager. I explored the station in a eva suit and discovered that while the station was running on minimal life support, it was structurally sound. After returning to the ship, I cycled through my old contacts and called up the boys. To my surprise they came, even Erebos who threatened to kill me the next time I called him. I guess the promise of a home inspired them to come.

They brought supplies and crews to help man the station. Mostly Junkers, but there were some Freelancers in the mix too. After the work restoring the station to operational status, we all sat down and put our heads together to figure out what to do next.

Erebos was peacocking around, trying to assert dominance amongst the other smugglers but he got told to shut up and sit the hell down within a few seconds of doing so. He pouted for a short period of time as we discussed things, but began offering suggestions slowly as the conversation continued.

We decided we were going to start up operations again, with me as their leader.

Fuck. I am not a God damned leader. I'm a girl that just like hacking shit and occasionally smuggling stuff...but this is the hand I was dealt...and I sure as hell don't want Erebos leading the crew, he'd probably run it into the ground within hours of gaining command. We decided on the "Lone Star Syndicate" as our name. I think it has a ring to it for sure. We figured since we're gonna be based out of Texas we should lean into it and really fly the flag so to speak.

The first order of business is getting some stuff to our Zoner friends in Pennsylvania but the base is locked up tighter than a gnats arse. We need to one, find a way to get the supplies to the station and two, figure out a way to get paid. I symphathize with the Zoners over their treatment by Liberty but damn, our guys need to get paid. There's gotta be someone that'll be willing to work with us to get those supplies there for some kind of a profit.

Speaking of profit, I have an idea that I want to run by a fella named Junker Jim. Word is, he's got a base somewhere out past Nu that has some Xeno Relics on it. I want to see if he'd be interested in smuggling them to the Spire and he can pick up some Premium Scrap to take back. Then we run the relics the rest of the way into Liberty. Would be a good little bit of scratch to get us really going.

Nothing much else to do but wait on the Zoners and send a communication to this Jim dude. That'll have to wait until tomorrow. Until then, I guess.

-Frostbyte

--Log Saved--