Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Erich Klugmann | FROM: Dr. Aspen Harlow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: Smol.png]

Subject: Gloaming Flotilla

Encryption Strength: Impossible

Howdy Mister Klugmann,

I've got to apologize for my, um, state of mind on our first meeting. It's been difficult to multitask, lately, and I've felt so much more disoriented in the last few days. Gets-... harder the longer I'm awake - but, the resistance doesn't wait. I believe you and the New Dawn are willing to give aid, so, let's talk about what that looks like, and what sort of ships you have to contribute.

As I understand, you want a green light from us to make moves on Liberty military forces in Penny. That's good that you've asked... we can make that work, I just need to run it by Administrator Graham and see about maybe setting up compensation or resource sharing for the deed.

But, while I'd be glad to see someone teach Liberty a lesson straightaway, we don't have a great foundation for it yet. I've been set spinning just pulling together everything they need at Pinnacle to get the place ready to accommodate any serious fighting force. If you have any ships that can help with transportation of items to our foothold in orbit of Lansdale, sector Foxtrot 7 in Pennsylvania, we'd appreciate it.

I'll forward the current list of urgently needed materials, but keep in mind, if you aren't flying Zoner colors, the crews are liable to say "better safe than sorry" when it comes to docking perms. Work with our people in space to finalize any deliveries. We're still struggling to find a source for fresh clothes, beds and other consumer goods for the people crammed in there.

[1] [2]

I'm most intrigued in any propaganda efforts, like Kimi had suggested. Means to keep this fight in the public eye, and to remind them that Liberty violated every agreement they'd ever made with Erie when they did this. That-... could even turn heads in Crayter, or elsewhere - did you hear about the assassination attempt on a political candidate, there? He was speaking on Pennsylvania. I can't focus on it myself, as much as I'd like to, with our supply situation unresolved still. Perhaps you'll let me lean on your expertise?

--Dr. Aspen Harlow

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.
[Image: KGYuK3s.png]

[New Dawn Communication Stream]

Sender: Erich Klugmann, New Dawn
Origin: Freeport 14, Inverness
Encryption: High

Recipient: Dr. Aspen Harlow; (CC Request - Siara Solatra, Kimiko Hawkins, New Dawn et al; "Civil Servant")
Subject: RE: Gloaming Flotilla

Doctor Harlow,

A pleasure to formally meet you, and my apologies for the delay in response. Before addressing your message in earnest, I had wanted to suggest opening up this particular one to a few of my compatriots; Siara Solatra and Kimiko Hawkins of the New Dawn, as well as the individual who I will grudgingly continue to address as "Civil Servant". This is intended, of course, to condense some of the planning and scheming regarding our monumental task at hand into more manageable chunks - And to coordinate them ever-so-slightly more effectively.

You need only Accept the CC Request attached to this missive and they'll be given an exception to the Encryption. I would strongly advise the formation of some form of unified "Front", as it were, along that topic, in the interim. While I and the Zoners are presumably alike in their relative distaste for the Centralization of authorities, we will at least require some form of quasi-centralized assembly of interested, "Resisting" groups and co-belligerents in opposition towards the Republic's governmental policies.

No matter how distasteful some of them may be.

I've indeed confirmed that Pinnacle Station is not accepting outsiders not belonging to a probable "Approved Docking Permits" list, one that New Dawn is not party to; but both the general Consumer Goods as well as Unlicensed Munitions are readily available from Rheinland's Black market, Something we're still very familiar and connected with. To that end I'll be instructing the crew of the medium transport Formorian to make its way to the general Liberty-Rheinland independent worlds area from its prior assignment up and down The Barrier.

The ideologue in me is still somehow uncomfortable with the term "Propaganda" as a pragmatic, objective term instead of a disparaging slur towards a persuasive argument or viewpoint - But I digress. While the lived and personal experiences many residents of Erie are experiencing are the most powerful form of propaganda available, I believe that tailoring and analyzing it to the situation at hand necessitates the Front from before. That is to say, The Zoners - And more specifically Erie and Pennsylvania - Need to come together and decide by some clear and digestible means what it is they want. It could be to restore the status quo ante bellum as a semi-independent territory within Liberty, or it could be the complete Ouster of Liberty from their space, or even a counter-invasion into Liberty if by some means such a thing were possible. The crux is that deciding this is a first, necessary step.

Thank you for bearing with me; I'll be analyzing what information I find regarding the broader situation and "Theatre of (Guerilla) War", and using The Council's ultimately tepid victory in the Second Gallic War - Specifically its Marne Rebellion - As a point of comparison.

[Stream Terminated]

[Image: Smol.png]

Subject: Re: Gloaming Flotilla

Encryption Strength: Impossible (CC Handshake Request: Accepted)

Mister Klugmann,

I reckon I've got the comm protocol sorted out for our compatriots, here. On top of that, and as I'm sure you're aware by now, I've finally convinced admin to swallow their pride and update the list of approved docking codes for your ships, and a whole bunch of others. That'll matter as to this unified front you're talking about, because it's an eclectic gathering.

We currently have, as approved organizations to come aboard (in varying capacities), the Rogues, Xeno Alliance, the Technocrats, and yourselves of course. Not to mention a gathering of other volunteers including our mutual Civil Servant, who's been a great help so far I assure you. Even trained up some of our new crew to handle some of those fancier weapons. I might be able to get the Hackers on-board, but that's touch and go. So far, this is it.

I floated the idea of codifying what we're going to be fighting for. The Administrator made a reasonable enough point that we aren't in any place to establish a consensus for the Zoners fighting in Pennsylvania yet. Might have an idea on that front, though.

Before this happened, everyone was willing to front the widely-trusted Doc Holiday as our representative to LibGov in talks. I've still got to set up a meeting with him, and having his rubberstamp on our plan of action would legitimize us in a big way. Speaking for myself, I'd rather see Liberty gone from the system in totality, and have that be the end of it. I damn well hope everyone else'd see it that way, but I've felt the defeatism on some folks too. I'll have to get a sense of Holiday's perspective on things if he's going to help with this.

I'm open to any comments on the matter from you folks. Keeping my ear open for your analysis of the, uhm, strategic situation, I suppose. I'll have to pass it on to sharper fighting types than myself.

--Dr. Aspen Harlow

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.