Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Core | From: Cryer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

[Image: cryer-felcher.png]
Cryer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Sender: Dr. Persimony Felcher, Head of R&D
Recipient: The Core
Subject: Research of Omicron Zeta Organisms

Dear sir or madam,

I'm sending you this message on behalf of Cryer's Research & Development department, as the sovereign legal entity in the Omicrons, to inform you of our interest in a species of space-borne alien organisms local to Omicron Zeta.

According to a sample size brought to us by a field agent, it appears that these organisms have similar biosignatures to the ones found in Baffin. That means we could potentially harness them to make products that help breathing in harsh atmospheres, such as the one on Nauru.

While we're aware that The Core discourage meddling with anything alien or non-human, we do strongly believe the potential of this particular lifeform could be beneficial to Humanity. Therefore, we'd like to ask for your approval to establish a research station in Omicron Zeta for the purpose of storing and studying these organisms. We would also very much appreciate your protection in this hazardous area, as there are several hostile entities with clear intent to sabotage such an installation.

We're eager to learn more about these organisms, and hope to gain your official approval for this project.

[attachment]

End of Message
<><><> BOOSTING TRANSMISSION <><><>
[Image: discojack.gif]

Incoming Video Feed
Source: Battleship Perditrix, Omicron Delta
Comm ID: Jack Daniels
Encryption: B.S.S. Ver 16.1 Rev.4.
Core ID Confirmed, message decrypted.
Displaying Contents

Greetings, Doctor Persimony Felcher, Head of Cryer's Research and Development department. Man, that's a mouthful, no.
If I understand correctly, you wish to build a base smack dab in the middle of a hot zone. A commendable endeavor.
The Core will not stand in your way if you follow a few very simple rules.
  1. Under no circumstance will you interfere with Core operations.
  2. Under no circumstance will you engage in research of actual nomad biomass and/or technology.
  3. Under no circumstance may your base be used to stage attacks on Core assets and/or installations.
  4. The alien materials may not be used to research and/or manufacture weapons.
  5. You will submit to Core inspections when asked to do so.
  6. You will follow the laws of the Core to the letter.
  7. You will not provide shelter to enemies of the Core.

No, I realize this is a long list, but don't get me wrong. We will respect you if you respect us. The rules are tailored to keep both Cryer and the Core safe. As you see, we do not demand any payment nor do we seek any gain out of this. Although I am certain that if your plan comes to fruition, it will be financially beneficial for our two factions to enter into some sort of business deal and make billions upon billions of credits. Oh and uh, one more thing, if I see evidence of Cryer supporting the Order, all bets are off.

I await your response to see if you agree to our terms.
Daniels, out.

~Yours Truly, Jack Daniels, Guildmaster of the Core and STILL the most hated person in the Omicrons.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

Recipient: Guildmaster Jack Daniels

Guildmaster Daniels,

The rules you presented perfectly align with our intentions. Cryer will accept these terms.

Due to the dangerous location of the base, I'd like to know whether The Core are able to offer additional protection during the construction period or any future sieges. My gut tells me that certain parties, The Order included, would rather not have a Liberty-based corporation settling down and "stealing" their resources in what they unrightfully consider their own area of influence.

Money is no issue, if that's something you're looking for in return. We really want this project to succeed and we're willing to do whatever it takes.

[attachment]

End of Message

Incoming Video Feed
Displaying Contents

We really have no issues with unsubscribing order pilots from life. In fact, we strongly encourage it.
While we're not a private security force for hire, you can be more than sure any and all Core pilots will be more than happy to unload at any order vessel in sight. Anytime, anywhere. When it comes down to them, we shoot first, ask questions never. And if that happens during and ill-advised attempt of theirs to attack your base, it's a win-win situation for us both.

You should also consider hiring some mercenaries, there's a lot of them operating in the Omicrons and if money ain't an issue, believe me, they will kill everything in sight for as long as the cash is flowing.

Daniels, out.

~Yours Truly, Jack Daniels, Guildmaster of the Core and STILL the most hated person in the Omicrons.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

Guildmaster Daniels,

We've surveyed the area in search of a fitting place to construct the base, and our field operatives have noticed unusual Outcast activity in the area. Particularly near the derelict colony ship, which is the epicenter of the organism cloud in Omicron Zeta. I find it very peculiar that the moment we agree on terms, suddenly there's a spike of Outcast activity in a system where there's recently been little to none.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing my finger at anyone. I do suspect, however, that our communications might have leaked. I have to make sure the construction can go through with as little interruptions as possible. Can The Core possibly provide protection against Outcast attacks? I know you're on neutral terms with them, but I need to know what my options are.

[attachment]

End of Message

Incoming Video Feed
Displaying Contents

The Core is, at this point of time, unable to provide support against the Outcasts.
If you have beef with them, that is entirely your problem. We've an understanding with them, so to say. We don't mess with Outcasts and they don't mess with the Core.
I'm afraid you will be on your own against them.

Daniels, out.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

Guildmaster Daniels,

I'm using this channel again to inform you that according to a report from our security division, it appears that the Nomads have noticed our construction project and are interested in wiping it clean off the map.

Your assistance in defending our assets from the alien threat would be very much appreciated, as we do not have nearly enough combat ships to defend it on our own.

[attachment]

End of Message

Incoming Video Feed
Displaying Contents

We will do what is within our power to fend off any nomad attacks.
That being said, we need to establish emergency communication channels with live updates about the ongoing situation around the base.
Otherwise, we might not be able to react as swiftly as the situation would require.

Daniels, out.

Video Feed Lost
Terminating Connection

Guildmaster Daniels,

Establishing an emergency communications channel sounds like a great idea. In hindsight, we should've done that earlier.
Unfortunately, our base in Omicron Zeta has been destroyed, and we'll have to let the winds cool down a bit before we resume our operations there. We were lucky enough to get the chance to evacuate before the assault. A predictable outcome nonetheless.

Let me know whether you'd still like to proceed with the emergency channel.

[attachment]

End of Message
Pages: 1 2