Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »EXTRNL: Rebecca Harper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Sentinel Gestalt
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tNgKugd.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Hey, Becca.

I don't know where you're at with the stuff we talked about recently, but I ran into your brother and his Corsair pal at Fourteen a few days ago. I felt an obligation to let you know. We didn't talk about much interesting, though it seems he has his own personal drama involving Levan and, who else, Caliban. Apparently he's had a few run-ins with Revenant too, who unsurprisingly finds him far less noteworthy than he does her. Jason seems to have his own feelings about how things went with you and the others. Perhaps not too far off from where our conversation left off, even, but it's hard to tell. I didn't manage to find out much more about his connection with Bull.

Didn't hear anything about Kris either, apparently nobody's seen him on Fourteen, and Revenant says he isn't using vacation time. Small update, but like I said, I thought you deserve to be aware. I hope all is well, and that your journey to the Sigmas—whenever the time comes—is safe and sound. Please stay in touch and let me know if you need anything. I'll keep this secure line open just in case anything crops up on either our ends.

Imogen over and out.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker2.gif]

To: __Imogen Jau.
Sender ID:__. Rebecca Harper.
Message Origin:_ Nobeoka Platform.
Subject:___ Jason.

So, Jason already knew Rev and has managed to get himself involved with Levan and Caliban. Greeeaat.

I'm still not sure about where I am at with what we talked about, but it's starting to feel like Jason isn't going to leave me much of a bloody choice, especially if he's going to be starting drama with Caliban of all people, and the little shite I spent half of my life savings to stop Caliban from killing him.

Eugh, Jace being Jace that'll probably end a disaster, I guess he'll just have to rely on his 'Sair buddy to save him rather than me now.

Guess I'll talk to Caliban to see what the story is at the very least.

And cheers, Imo, I'll keep in touch, but you don't need to worry about me, I've always been able to take care of myself while also managing to take care of Jason, I'm more than capable of doing the former without the dead weight of the latter now.

-'Becca

Subject:___ Update.

Hey Imogen.

I spoke to Caliban, no drama it would appear, but Jason was asking about me and apparently Levan let it slip that I'm staying on Nobeoka.

Cal aslo said something about Jace having "hidden" friends that might be skulking around and Jason apparently talking about some fuck up alledgedly involving me.

But other than the fact that Caliban recommended some chamomlime tea, which to be honest, I've never heard of but other than that, not much new from my end other than thinking I might have to head back to Inverness soon to deal eith this one way or the other.

Anyway, anything going on down your end or what? Things have been pretty boring up in Fifty-Nine lately

-'Becca
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ABJQ5lb.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Hey Beccs.

I'm starting a side project, a droid. Just to have something to take my mind off all the really stressful stuff. If it turns out well, maybe I could make a copy for you if you want a mechanical buddy, heh.

Other than that, I've been sending out a lot of comms. Can't talk too much about it here, though if you do come back down to Inverness I could likely fill you in. Let's just say that I've got a lot of fresh blood to look after.

Oh, and I can second the chamomile tea recco.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

Subject:___ Update.

You know what, Imo? You get that droid to be proficient at room clearing, first aid and all the other skills an operator might need and I'll consider taking you up on that offer, well, assuming the thing can take a pulse 'nade 'cause I could use an extra gun for... stuff.

But I'll let you know if I do decide to head down to Inverness, if you can let me know what the hell the difference is between this chamomile stuff and a normal bloody cup of tea.

-'Becca
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tNgKugd.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

We have some AI modules for boarding team support, and I'm more proficient at ground and station ops than fighter combat, so I can do my own tweaks via the adaptosims if you tell me what environments you'll need the backup in most. So that shouldn't be a problem. Pulse shielding is more expensive, but if you can help with the funds, I can definitely do it.

And, uh. Chamomile is an herb. It calms and soothes the nerves. There's a trihydroxyflavonin—uhm, a chemical—in it called apigenin. Apigenin works similarly to certain fast-acting antidepressants, antipsychotics, and sedatives, especially benzodiazepines, but it isn't addictive and unless you were injecting the stuff straight into your veins there's no meaningful side effects. Basically, it's good post-fight and helps with sleep. Chamomile tea doesn't have any caffeine in it unlike regular tea.

Really. I do recommend it.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

Subject:___ Insurance.

My biggest concern would be CQB, as the saying goes doors and corners are what get you killed, and if this thing can get up to my speed, it being able to handle a more open engagement isn't that big of a deal. If needs be I might be able to lend a hand with the "training" for lack of a better word assuming those adaptosims you mentioned are some sort of VR thing. God knows I could use an excuse to run a killhouse course again.

Though if you were referring to actual planetary environments, that's going to be harder to answer, the combat capabilities are pretty much more of an insurance thing, and the thing about insurance is, it's usually for things you aren't expecting, and when it comes to my life, I've given up on expecting the next load of shite that's headed my way. I'll need to get back to you regarding the expenses on the pulse shielding once the actual number is figured out though, I'm still feeling the sting of paying off Caliban during that whole Levan fiasco, but I should be able to manage it.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for the chamomile stuff, though it sounds like it's probably going to be ludicrously expensive, especially for something that doesn't have caffeine, seriously, who the bloody hell wants a cuppa' without caffeine? That's worse than no sugar for fucks sake.

-'Becca

Subject:___ Back.

Hey, I'm back in Inverness, know how I'm going to handle the Jace issue, will be able to catch up after that.

Talk to you soon.

-'Becca
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ABJQ5lb.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Hey, Rebecca.

The prototype for Pontifex is almost complete. Just a few more tweaks here and there, and then to initialize the posi-brain. I'll bring him over with me to Fourteen so you can take a look at him yourself, and let me know how he compares to what you're hoping for. I'm gonna be... gone, soon. Going with Rev on a deep-space mission, and bringing Pontifex with, so assuming I can't finish your own droid in that time—which seems unlikely—I'll make sure someone competent at the Citadel does, and has it delivered to you.

Let me know when you've got the time to meet up. For now, signing off.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

Subject:___ Away.

Oh, I'm happy to hear your project has been working out, kind of got so caught up dealing with some of my own stuff that I forgot about it, sorry.

But, uh, best of luck with the trip and all that, got a little trip of my own coming up in a day or two but I should be back by the fifth or sixth hopefully.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the end results.
-'Becca
Pages: 1 2