Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »: Christopher Edwards, Akhetaten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: souryuu-asuka-langley-neon-genesis-evang...6ed61a.png]
Captain Regia Reznik

Encrypted Network Transmission

● RECIPIENTS: Commodore Edwards
● SENDER: Captain Regia Reznik
● LOCATION: Error: interference
● PRIORITY: █ █ █ █ █ █
● SUBJECT:

Hello, Edwards.

I'm sure I'm the last person you expected to hear from. Or, perhaps, I'm the one you wanted to hear from - it's of no significance now. We've exhausted our options, and our last option have seen the last of my patience; let's discuss surrender terms: I'll start with throwing good chunks of Leniex archives on the table, involving data on Legion technology - not to mention the Arbiter itself which I'm sure your engineers would be delighted to inspect. It was the same bargain I offered to the Technocrats but they didn't seem particualrly thrilled about the opportunity.

Give us the coordinates. And don't you fall silent on me too.
[Image: thisisalsogood.png?width=498&height=498]

[Image: Edwards2.png]
Incoming Transmission
Origin: LNW-NID-O-2: "Akhetaten"

Login ID: Commodore Christopher Edwards, Advisor
Recipient ID: Captain Reznik
Subject: Introductions

< Access Granted >
< Access Granted >

Captain Regia Reznik

● RECIPIENTS: Commodore Edwards
● SUBJECT: RE: Introduction

Commodore Edwards.

Apologies for the wrong impression, I should've sooner realised you are such a sticker to subordination and formalities. That feeling been wearing off more and more as my rank started to matter less and less in slowly crumbling colossus of Hellfire Legion - outside of Yorktown, that is.

And, had I not realised our predicament - this communication would never happened, and our guns would be speaking for us in Vespucci. Until the bitter end.

As I said, we wish to discuss the surrender terms. Let us know if the Akhetaten is willing to accept it, the time, date and location where we will be expected in that case.

Incoming Transmission

< Access Granted >
< Access Granted >

Captain Regia Reznik

● RECIPIENTS: Commodore Christopher Edwards, Advisor

Commodore Edwards.

That "rebellious movement" I am a part of is no more - we both know that. Despite the tragedy of Delaware, Insurgency inevitably dies in Vespucci.

It will not live in those who ran, it will not live in those who surrendered and it will not live in those who remained behind to face the brunt of Naval assault and ensure contingency plans go smooth - that's correct, Marshall and Leniex are getting demolished as Ohio's advance will no longer be forestalled by what stragglers are left behind. The system is soon to become a massive grave.

Those who did not care about Liberty - are now far away, in corners of Sirius so distant it gives them a sense of safety. They escaped from certain death but also - from responsibility to which they would be, no doubt, be held accountable for. We did not run.

First - we will take what responsibility Liberty deems fit.

Second - we will, if fortune favors us, get integrated into service, on the ship we know best.

And, lastly, serve Liberty in this new capacity.

If vengeance on Knight was all I wanted - there are paths of less resistance for this.

Incoming Transmission

< Access Granted >
< Access Granted >

Captain Regia Reznik

Commodore Edwards.

The idea of the Insurgency will not die, not until the LSF will be hellbent on hunting down all remnants of Harmony and Hellfire Legion alike. But it's a nigh impossible task, as impossible as for the Insurgency to consolidate into a serious power with as much resources as it used to have. And even then - did it ever have a chance to prevail?

Now, I think, the answer lies bare before us.

Still, sounds like I had the leniency of speaking as blunt as I may until now, and so I will continue that way.

It'd be a lie if I said either of the reasons you named stands out more than the other. Each is equally important and valid.
It'd be a lie if I said Liberty was wrong all along. It was right, yet I can't deny that until a bit ago I believed the view of Liberty lying in my "ideals" was the right one. However, if I'm brutally honest - any ideals died with the devastation of the Commonwealth and formation of the Insurgency. Or rather, a clash of interests persisted ever since the merge of Harmony and Hellfire Legion, and what's unable to coexist is destined for devastation. Weird that it took a decisive blow from Liberty for that colossus with feet of clay to collapse under it's weight.
It'd be a lie if I said I'm not seeking to save the crew, that intent stemming from the selfsame sympathy for these people. We're not war criminals, Commodore, regardless of what your government views us as. We're soldiers and we fought according to our orders and what we believed at the time were of any credibility or relevance. But me, and my crew, will gladly take responsibility for breaking this vicious cycle if that's what has to be done to stop any internal strife between people of Liberty.

We are people of Liberty too, regardless of how much you hate the thought, Commodore.
[Image: TFA-Main.gif]

[Image: CDRE-Edwards.gif]
Incoming Transmission

< Access Granted >
< Access Granted >

Captain Regia Reznik

Commodore Edwards.

True to my style before - I will speak brutally honest, Commodore. When we agreed upon to go down that path and see it to it's end - we never expected to be vouched for or treated favorably. Convincing you is an achievement in itself, stern and unyielding in your convictions as you are.

But you're not alone who's convinced they've set on the right path. Come what may, we will see it through to the end and trust our fates to Liberty's better judgement and pray it will be sound and honest, according to our feats and misdoings. To go back on our word now would be to discreding not only our efforts but also your patience in my regard, something you were not at all obliged to express but still did - and for that you have my gratitude.

We set on a new course from here, and are determined to see it to the end, bitter as it may be. Make what you will of it, and act in favor of what you believe. As shall we.
[Image: thisisalsogood.png]

[Image: CDRE-Edwards.gif]
Incoming Transmission

Recipient ID: Captain Reznik, Forty-Sixth High Command

< Access Granted >
< Access Granted >

Pages: 1 2