Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Liberty Rogues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Mildred.Wolfe.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: MYSIwwp.png][Image: 6w.png]
[Image: 10w.png][Image: 20w.png][Image: 34w.png][Image: 43w.png]

Buenos tardes,

It's been a while since we've spoken. There are a lot of you and not a lot of us. However with the Cardamine influx from Malta, and the Inner Circle's ability to breach the Trade Lane Network. I think there are a few new opportunities for us to plunder - if nothing else.

Things were left in an awkward state after our last discussion. But looking forward I see no reason to fuss over it. Especially when the rewards of a refurbished alliance can be so much sweeter.

Reach out when you get the chance and we can hash out some new ways to benefit from all this change.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network....hack.terminated...

[Image: 1L0w5KR.png]

Transmission received

Recipient(s): <|> Primary Order Cell(s) <|> Secondary Order Cell(s) <|>
Sender: <|> Josie "Rose" Hemlocke <|>
Subject: <|> State of Affairs <|>

[Image: Hemlockes_Eye.png]

"Mildred."

"Told myself If I ever saw your face again it would be too soon. Four years and it's still too soon."

"You may be of the mind to let bygones be bygones for the sake of personal profit, yet it seems you've forgotten who I am. So let me speak in terms you understand."

"Your credit score is f*cking terrible."

"First there's nearly a war with our trade partners to the south over who the hell knows what, to this day I still have yet to figure out what the hell that was about, but you drug the old pack into it, because you just can't do your own damn dirty work."

"Then I come to find out the Inner Circle was working with Xenos, feeding them intel and who knows what the f*ck else. Thereby endangering the cardamine trade. We see an Order Osiris docked at Cochrane that same year, and not even a few months after you allegedly "cut ties", Rochester gets blasted to hell and the blame gets dropped at my feet, not yours. Knowing things ahead of time is kind of your thing."

"The following year of disaster, I find out that the Xenos are being supported by the same spooks you decided to let stretch out on a lawn chair outside Cochrane, and then there's one bottom of the gene pool Fiorella De Marco outside Alcatraz telling me "The Xenos don't want to change Liberty", as justification for working with our enemy."

"And over the course of the last three years following all of this, the cardamine trade is in complete and utter shambles."

"You speak to me of a refurbished alliance, but you've twisted, screwed and set our economics on fire for years, all the while you've been breaking your own precious orange treaty for what I can only assume to be the same amount of time, while demanding the rest of us adhere to it for the sake of "mutual" profit."

"What reason do I have to think working with you is beneficial in any capacity, Mildred."

"I wait with bated breath."

~Hemlocke~

Attachment(s):

N/A

Transmission terminated
...uploading.data...

Buenos tardes,

I suppose every one of your pack is really an individual since the ones I fly with in space shoot the enemy first and think on the past later.

I'm not going to sit here and bicker over events cited from years ago when I was just a hitman for Inner Circle. Now I'm a hitman who owns a much larger cut of the pie than before.

I can use that to change things, and make them better than before. Or I can simply leave it in the pieces I've found it in.

With this in mind, let's clear up a few things with the events that are running presently:

-Xenos:

The Xenos are enemies of the Inner Circle, we are actively shooting one another where we see one another. The "truce" you speak of certainly ended the second they decided to help the LSF attack me individually. Maybe you'll look at this and think "karma", which you may be right. But either way that plate was served long ago, and things have dialed back into their natural order since then.

-Order Osiris:

Whatever unfolded with this unfolded long before I had the "cut" of the pie I have now. There are others in the Inner Circle that might know of this - but this certainly is no longer the case.

-Outcasts:

We've not heard from the Maltese leadership in years. We've certianly seen their warships fly through Liberty though.

The Orange treaty, si, the Orange treaty. This old pact was signed by people who are either dead or no longer with us. I see no reason to keep citing it when none of the parties involved are in any position to enforce it. Even if you were to turn your guns on Malta, it would not damage their profit margins on a long enough timeline. This uprising on Malta has resulted in a resurgence of Cardamine distribution. A BARGE was seen hauling Cardamine to Allentown just yesterday. I have never heard of something on that scale before.

If Malta were to turn on you however, both it and you would lose profit margins. Whether or not De Marco wants to admit it doesn't change the fact: the profit margin through dealing with Rogues is significantly higher than a deal with the Xenos.

My point being in all of this; rather than pretending rules are in place - I propose we go back to our roots with this. The Lane Hackers depend on Cardamine for our survival, you benefit greatly from the financial gains of dropshipping the product across Liberty. Both of us oppose the Xenos, and Lawful entities in Liberty. Our diplomatic ties aren't identical, but they line up where it matters.

The Outcasts looking to deal with the Xenos is something that poses a direct threat to both of us. You financially, and to us for survival. If you forward me the evidence of this - I will take this to the Maltese Don you speak of directly. Given she is in the process of trying to hide her insecurities from us right now.

You've seen my perspective, the choice is yours now.

[Image: 1L0w5KR.png]

Transmission received

Recipient(s): <|> Primary Order Cell(s) <|> Secondary Order Cell(s) <|>
Sender: <|> Josie "Rose" Hemlocke <|>
Subject: <|> State of Affairs <|>

[Image: Hemlockes_Eye.png]

"Amusing."

"The self admitted tool of the Inner Circle, bound to them until death, speaks to me of her "individual part" in all this."

"You seem to be missing the point entirely. You still bare the mark of the fools that got us into this mess. You still speak for the same banner. That banner, is stained, irreversibly. You speak to me as if I am a fool to be hung up on the past. I may be one of the only Rogues in existence that actually bothers watching his own steps, and that of his enemies."

"You would be hard pressed to find a rogue that wouldn't laugh in your face for speaking to us of survival, only when your necks are finally on the line, and never before. How many of us have you sent to die doing your dirty work, and even if those dogs happily chased after the piece of meat you put in front of your eyes, you never cared about their survival."

"I do what I do for my people, not yours, not you, not your survival. I could give a damn less if you all dropped dead tomorrow, choking on air, begging for the last drop in the vial."

"Your personal quarrel with De Marco is none of my concern. I've said all I needed to say to her, I'm sure her mighty ego remembers."

"Now to make a point. If I'm aware of every misstep the Inner Circle took, from years ago, up until the collapse that impacted my people's economic situation. Surely you aren't so naive to think that I hadn't been planning for this, preparing for a day when the "financial" situation became so incredibly dire, the Hackers would humble themselves before me because they had no other choice. A sign of the apocalypse."

"The Rogues will endure, against the might of Liberty, the hubris of the Hackers and the Outcasts. Surely many of my people would die in the event the Outcasts turned on us, yet the nature of Rogues demands they do not care, it does not benefit them in the moment so they move on to the next score. You'll find suffering doesn't deter the sin of greed."

"You will also find, that as flawed as it is, we Rogues are incredibly petty when it comes to economics, we are petty criminals after all. The Hackers' decisions have impacted that very same "in the moment" profit my people are so very fond of, you've been disturbing their numbers and treating them like dogs for so long, well. To put it simply I could be god descended from the heavens and I still wouldn't have the power to remedy the bad blood between us."

"The only thing you can offer me, is more guns against the machine, and a heads-up on the next big score. Unfortunately for you I am not a creature so easily motivated."

"We are allies only in name, your troubles don't concern us."

"Put those fake smiles back on, and get back to business as usual, we have nothing else to discuss."

~Hemlocke~

Attachment(s):

N/A

Transmission terminated
...uploading.data...

Buenos tardes,

As you wish.