Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Corfu Base administration | From: MRI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: fvj6rkZ.png]
[Image: O85Djka.png]

To: Corfu Base administration
Point of origin: Freeport 1
Subject: Bustard class Civilian Carrier
Encrpytion key: 564dhgw|e

Greetings, friends,

my name is Finnean MacRory and I'm contacting you with a particular request in mind. I'm looking to buy or commission Bustart class Civiliar Carrier and I was told your station's dealership has this particular vessel on it's list even though the Bustard is clearly not built there. Now, I imagine I could buy the "off the shelf" version of the carrier from you, provided you have one for sale, but since I'd like to make some changes to the internal compartments - mostly to accomodate some special equipement and expanded medical bay - I would prefer it if instead of buying a finished ship and refitting it, I could comission a new Bustard, so the ship could be built with the changes already accounted for in the blueprints.

Do you think it would be within your possibilities to arrange for that? And if not - and I understand this is rather brazen request on my part - could you refer me to a shipard capable of building the Bustard so I could maybe arranged something with them directly?

Fly safe.
MacRory out.

TRANSMISSION CLOSED

Finnean MacRory
Jerard Voncloud. Administrator for Pygar and in turn for Corfu.
With the Bustard being a Civilian ship its quite modular, so in a way the pieces are built at other stations then brought to corfu for assembly. So your request for a newly commissioned ship would be fairly easy to accommodate. Seeing its its available for public purchase permission to buy one isnt really required.

You make mention of the expanded medical facilities, seeing as Med Force Enterprises is right next door we could certainly see about getting them on board.
What i do need to know is the specifications of the "Special equipment" you spoke of.

If we get down exact requirements we can then work on how we build this bustard for you

Jerard Voncloud - Phoenix - Pygar Administrator

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Greetings, mr. Voncloud.

I'm glad to hear you can accomodate my request. We're actually already in talks with Med Force Enterprises, I'll be sure to include them in our discussion, but I want to hash out the details with them first.

Regarding the other "special" equipment, we'll need the ship to be equiped with the best Jump Drive possible for it's size, I believe Mk.IV is the one. We'd also like the Bustard to have docking modules installed with the appropriate mainteance facilites for small vessels. I was thinkg about four of those, provided the ship's frame can accomodate that many. Even better if it can acommodate more.

One more thing, I understand building a ship of such size is no small feat, and since we are, in essence, traders, we can in theory help with sourcing the necessary materials for the ship or it's components, in case it would help speed up the construction.

Fly safe,
MacRory out.

TRANSMISSION CLOSED

YOU HAVE ONE [1] UNREAD MESSAGE

YOU HAVE ONE [1] UNREAD MESSAGE

Coordinator MacRory
Apologies for my lack of contact, I have been between Pygar and Kadesh attending strategy briefings, logistics' meetings, emergency consuls.

It shouldn't be to difficult to install docking modules and the jump drive onto a Bustard, but they are not items that Corfu equips as standard so you would need to contact a company or organisation that can build those for you. Once built then it would be fairly simple to get them and the Bustard itself put together and ready for use.

Jerard Voncloud - Phoenix - Pygar Administrator

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Greetings, Mr. Voncloud.

Thank you for getting back to me, but we couldn't wait. I understand you have your hands full with the rising tensions and now the sudden outbrake of outright hostilities in Theta, but our plans are moving along and comissioning the vessel was supposed to be the first step in them. For that reason the Bustard has already been comissioned from Zoners on Freeport 6 who also offer it for sale, and the ship should be finished soon.

Nevertheless, I apreciate your willingness to acommodate my request. If we ever need other large ships I'll make sure to contact you first.

Fly safe,
MacRory out.

TRANSMISSION CLOSED