Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: PLF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ZDF_Logo.png]
|Pillar of Autumn|
Never forget.

|Opening Transmission|
|Warning, signal degradation detected|

[Image: ZYeZe46.png]

To: .............................. Honored Heroes
Subject: ................... <No Subject>
Encryption Level: High

Greetings to you PLF, my name is Elias Wilder, former Commander for the Zoner Defense Fleet (the most recent one) and now the commander of the Pillar of Autumn, a Zoner Cruiser now stationed out of Freeport 11 after the Corsair Cannibals decided to force us out of our home.

I retired from the ZDF to take up farming and simple patrols through Omicron Theta. The Corsairs blindsided us by taking Freeport 9. The Pillar of Autumn was out on patrol when they sacked the station. By the time we arrived back, it was heavily fortified and recapturing it on our own was impossible. Seething with rage, we retreated to Omicron Delta and Freeport 11 swearing vengeance.

Now the monsters taunt us with offers of honey and wine in exchange for us helping them fight off their enemies for them. This incenses me to no end. However, we are but one ship in a large ocean of hostiles and backstabbers. I have often seen and heard of your gallant battles against the Libertonian oppressor's in various reports and news articles and I wonder...will you lend your might to us in the Edge worlds to take back our home? What would your price be to help your distant cousins fight against another oppressor?

This channel will remain open. Please let me know what you require. If it is aid in your own fight against Liberty, then sign me up...but not until Freeport 9 is liberated.

Commander Elias Wilder

Transmission Closed - Channel Open

[Image: image.png]

• Communication Type: Textual, P2P ENCRYPTED - FORWARDING IMPOSSIBLE
• To: Elias Wilder, ZDF
• Subject: Reality

Greetings, commander. Your name's familiar... we might've met for a brief time back at Pinnacle, couple years ago. My callsign is Piranha, and this is our first meeting despite the familiarity I have of your name.

Yes, I'm painfully aware of the situation in the Omicrons. Our way of live is being bombarded from all fronts, that is something we all know.

You know how that happened, Elias? We allowed Bounty Hunters to stay on our station. You know what happened at Erie, Elias? We gave refugees asylum at Erie. Sounds like a coincidence to you?

Look, I'd love to have Free 9 back in our hands as much as you do. But we've got a much bigger problem back at Pennsylvania. Erie is blockaded by a battleship, several of our stations were taken over by corrupt and bribed Liberty corporations, Bethlehem is nothing but a token of "look how merciful we are!" for the Navy. I'm afraid it won't last long, though. We're already stretched thin and sharing breadcrumbs among our men here. I'm sorry, but we do not have the men, the ships, nor the munitions to help the Omicron Zoners.

But, Elias.... be careful. The Navy has an image to maintain, corporate investors and politicians behind its back. Corsairs don't. Corsairs will kill anyone that doesn't look towards them the way they like. There's no "taking back Free 9", Elias. Corsairs notice they're going to lose the station, they'll blow it to scrap. I know you're upset, but taking the fight against the largest military power in the Omicrons paired with extreme indifference to life is doomed to fail. I suggest a more careful approach.

For Freedom.

"Piranha", P.L.F.
|Pillar of Autumn|
Never forget.

|Opening Transmission|
|Warning, signal degradation detected|

[Image: ZYeZe46.png]

To: .............................. Honored Heroes
Subject: ................... RE: Reality
Encryption Level: High

You may have heard my name in some circles as the idiot who decided to try to take on the failing ZDF himself after the previous commander disappeared into the deep Omicrons. Unfortunately, I was only one man and managing an entire Defensive Fleet on one's on is a failing venture. I was never at Pinnacle station, so this may have been the reason you have heard my name before.

Moving on, I find it no surprise you'd be able to lend aid to us in Theta. Considering how spread out our people are from Tau-37 to Omega-41, there are only so many ships and personnel to go around. No doubt, you feel the same about Erie and Pennsylvania as I do about Freeport 9...and you are right about the Corsairs and their aggression. I have considered this outcome as well. It seems our proffered hand to those in need always comes back to bite us in the ass, doesn't it?

[He sighs.]

Well, there was no harm in asking. The offer remains on the table though, Piranha, if you have need of another gun to fight against the Liberty Oppressors, you will have it. Call on us anytime. My callsign is Dusk and our vessel is the Pillar of Autumn. In the meantime, we will do what we can to rescue our people from Freeport 9 and the monsters that took her from us.

Until next time.

Commander Elias Wilder

Transmission Closed - Channel Open

[Image: image.png]

• Communication Type: Textual, P2P ENCRYPTED - FORWARDING IMPOSSIBLE
• To: Elias Wilder, ZDF
• Subject: RE: RE: Reality

'Guess things are way, way far off than what we'd wish. Glad we can count on each other. Again, if we had the men and the ships, we could try something... but, we can't. That's our somber reality.

Enough with this pessimism. If you stop by Erie sometime, I'll know. We'll have a cold drink, sign songs and share our stories. Stay alive, buddy.

I've saved your contact.

For a future with freedom.

"Piranha", P.L.F.