Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Placid Island of Ignorance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: vkI4tcs.png] [Image: q9OucqU.png] [Image: hlX96fb.png]
[Image: xqk7otr.png]
::>> CODEC SLAC-DS DETECTED <<::
::>> ENCRYPT STANDARD EXTREME <<::
::>> IDENT: CROWLEY <<::
::>> SUBJT: METAMORPHISIS <<::

[Image: 2w1fX10.png]
Things got too hot in Kepler. Had to ditch the Sisyphus in favor of the Hawfinch. Good thing I wasn't manually piloting it when it got blown up or else I'd be at the mercy of individuals who would probably like to take me apart--literally.

Plans got pushed too early and I lost some progress. That's alright for now though, I'll return to commune at a later date when there isn't as much traffic through there. I should have enough information for now. I think I'll go look around the Omicrons and see what's changed in the past three years I've been stuck in Kepler.

Crowley
::>> Log End <<::
::>> SUBJT: ELDRITCH <<::

While in Delta, I met a fellow named Eternal Journey. We spoke briefly and I lamented about the times past of Brad and the others...researching the mysteries in the system--but that was another life. I must remember that.

Anyway, I decided I'd fly around and look at some things. The individual asked to join me, I saw no reason not to encourage it. We travelled to the Iridium fields; Nomads were swarming all around, seemingly watching me rather than attacking. The poor Eternal Journey fellow was worried so rather than risk him being killed, we returned to the Freeport in the system to find a Core vessel duking it out with one of the larger war forms. Again, it didn't seem to pay me any mind.

Only when I left, did one small little Nomad follow me to the Theta Jump hole before I departed. It simply sat there watching me. Puzzling indeed. Connected to the visions and trances? It could be.

[He leans forward thinking, the strange lights on his faceplate pulsing rhythmically. He leans back and continues speaking.]

No sense pondering it for now. I will make my way back once traffic has lessened there. Until then, I will enjoy the hospitality of the Zoners on Pygar. It reminds me of...better times.

Crowley
::>> SUBJT: NUANCE <<::

I left Pygar and pointed my ship in the direction of Kepler once again. I figured it has been a few days and there was no need for me to be away any longer. I flew there from Kusari and into Kepler where I once again ran into Eternal Journey...and that strange Nomad form from before. It disappeared as soon as I entered Kepler. The Eternal Journey vessel requested assistance getting through the dark matter field. I explained that they may be going the wrong direction, and it is best to leave sleeping things lie here.

I flew through the storm, passed Ames, and arrived at the anomaly. Upon arriving, I immediately entered a trance, as if it were waiting for me. The visions were...unintelligible again, but I had the feeling I was being communicated with just as I have in every other encounter. I saw huge unimaginable structures and could hear someone or something mumbling in the back of my mind as if it was trying to make sense of what I was seeing. I came out of it as if something was communicated but I could not understand what. My head was ringing like my bell had been rung. I returned to Ames to rest for a spell.

When I roused myself hours later, I found what was left of the Sisyphus being prepared for salvaging on my way out. I picked through the pieces of the debris and found a few items that I could salvage for my purposes and departed the area. I decided I would go through Kusari again inroute back to the deep Omicrons. Once again, I ran into Eternal Journey. They were spooked seeing me again. I aimed my receiver at their ship as it flew out of range and dialed the Jintsuriji Communication Array to it's maximum setting hoping that a satellite would pick up the communication and forward it if they were out of system. I told them that they weren't interesting enough to monitor yet. It was a bit of a mean thing to say because it probably scared them, but it was the truth. I kept running into them in the strangest of places...perhaps they were someone interesting enough to monitor.

[He pauses thinking for a moment then shrugs.]

I ended my time watching the fireworks in Delta with the varying empires out in the edge worlds try to shit all over one another in skirmishes over an outpost before deciding to head to Tohoku. I'm here now at Ryuku seeing about what to do next. I might to take a tour of Heaven's Gate if I have the time...never been this far into Kusari before, after all.

Crowley
::>> SUBJT: SUSPICION <<::

It's been a few days. I left Tohoku and flew aimlessly for a while. Eventually I found my way to Vespucci. No sooner than I entered via Magellan I was hit with another vision. This one was more...vivid than the others yet what was communicated was still vague. I awoke to find myself in Omega-55 in orbit of Planet Skagen. My chronometer indicated I had been sitting here for just under three hours. I focused intently on what the vision had been about, but once again it was just vague images of some massive object or objects.

I've spun my ship around back to Kusari aiming to enter the Omicrons from that direction. I'm not quite sure why but something is pulling me towards the Edge worlds. Maybe if I get closer, I can identify the meaning behind it.

Crowley
::>> SUBJT: SIGNS <<::

Interesting tidings and strange bedfellows.

Lots of traffic in Omicron Delta this week. I ran into Eternal Journey once again...they requested to speak to me when they have more time in private. As to what they wish to discuss remains to be seen.

What's more, is Lazurith was out at the Freeport sporting a shiny new Freelancer IFF. Quite interesting considering the last time I heard from him, the AI onboard one of his vessels was saying he attempted to "self-terminate". Baffling that he was now out at Freeport 11 with a fresh coat of paint...I'm unsure if Revenant had taken him and his ship somewhere so he could be all fixed up...but that doesn't explain the Freelancer tag. Even more odd, the Order agent there, someone named Empress, was asking some rather interesting questions about my past...even Lazurith seemed to have a hunch as to who I was before. Not something that I want revealed. Freelancer or not, he is still Auxo in my book. Finally, he seemed to indicate that Aspen had been killed at some point. He said she was missing...but knowing her she's holed up somewhere weathering some kind of storm. She never was one to give up easily.

Anyway, I've returned to Leiden for the time being and have ventured back into the hell that is Kepler. I purchased a Bayonet fighter to get in and out as the radiation in the system clogs up the fuel ports on the Hawfinch. It's bad enough Leiden is in a dark matter field of it's own, but at least it isn't as extreme. I've been here, near the anomaly for a few hours now and haven't seen or heard anything...I wonder if whoever or whatever has been passing me info is in a slumber or if it simply has nothing to tell me for now. I will remain here for a day or so and then move on. Perhaps to see what this Eternal Journey fellow wants to talk about.

Crowley
::>> SUBJT: CELESTIAL <<::

It would appear that my newfound friend has...disappeared.

I left Kepler after a couple of days of silence. No visions or messages...I wonder if it has spoken it's piece. Perhaps it is frustrated that I am not understanding what it is trying to convey. Perhaps my task is completed. I have not seen that strange...entity that showed it self to the Sisyphus either. Perhaps it does not recognize me now.

[The strange man ponders his words for a moment, the lights on his mask and arms flickering as if agitated.]

I have left Kepler--for now. It would appear that whatever has been reaching out to me for the past three years wishes me to find my own way now. I have no doubt that if I enter a place with one of these strange anomalies, I will hear or see something should it wish to "speak" to me again.

The strange Freelancer, Eternal Journey, has been conspicuously absent as well. I haven't seen or heard from them since they wished to speak in private all those days ago. All the better, I am not sure what to tell them if they are seeking answers...I barely know what is happening to me much less giving someone else answers they seek. All I know is something is reaching out. Maybe it's giving me information and knowledge...or maybe that knowledge was always there and all I needed was the access.

[He grows silent again. Clearly pondering his choices.]

I'm on a path now. A path that I know not the destination. However, I will stay the course...I have faith that all will be revealed in time...and if not, then maybe I will finally get the death that I so craved three years past.

Crowley
::>> SUBJT: WARCHANT <<::

It's funny how outside things change your perspective.

I decided to check out Omicron Delta for a spell where I ran into a couple of SLRC folks. Karl, Leo the engineer, and some other...individual. I remained stealthed just outside of their range and listened in. Karl got his degree apparently--finally--and Leo was working on getting his doctorates since Brad apparently promoted him to his second. Not a bad choice for a second, Leo is capable.

The third individual is questionable though. He sounds more Junker idiot than scientist. But...I'm sure Brad knows what he is doing. Certainly he knows better than I who is smart enough to handle the workloads imposed upon them.

[Crowley sighs.]

Anyway, Leo departed shortly after a large Nomad cruiser appeared and literally sat on top of him stating that he needed to send of scans of the vessel. I questioned whether or not he was just scared shitless by the giant warform sitting on top of the old March--now named Infinitum--gunboat. The cruiser left soon thereafter, heading past me for Theta space and who should arrive but Eternal Journey.

It had been a spell since I saw him last. We talked very briefly before he disappeared again. If I didn't know any better, I would say he was avoiding me.

[For the first time, some of the lights on his mask flash a deep red. His head twitches slightly before the lights return to their normal cyan color.]

I'll have to catch up with him later I guess...he still hasn't told me what he wanted to discuss all those weeks ago.

Anyway, the night ended with others chasing Nomads around the system as always ends up being the case in Delta. I had intended to retire to Freeport 11 but decided to take a brief flight over near the Pi jump hole...and who should I run into but...myself.

A Core individual claiming to be Dr. Sailas Montgomery materialized near the jump hole and ordered me away as research was ongoing. I left the area without any violence and left this "scientist" to his research...puzzling considering I know who Sailas Montgomery is, and that wasn't him.

Some research is required.

Crowley
::>> SUBJT: ₩₳ⱤⱠØ₵₭ <<::

With the recent revelations in Omicron Delta, I've decided to relocate my core operations from Freeport 11 to that of Barrier Gate in Coronado. While this puts me close to a particular group that I consider frenemies, it also puts me fairly close to Kepler where I might be able commune once again to get some kind of message from my friend who has been so quiet as of late.

The silence vexes and confuses me. Why go silent now?

[Once again, the lights across the suit flash a deep red for a moment.]

I reached out to the pilot of the Eternal Journey to meet me at my new base of operations. Enough traffic goes in and out of this place to easily obfuscate their arrival and departure. I'm hoping whatever we have to discuss is important enough for all this trouble.

Crowley
::>> SUBJT: MONSTER <<::

Someone discovered me out in Kepler. I was at the Prophet anomaly, attempting to listen for my friends call. During that attempt, this Freelancer showed up and began asking about what I was doing. I tried to ignore him, to continue reaching into the anomaly to listen, to hear, to draw out the visions. The Freelancer wouldn't shut up, he kept insisting that I tell him. I turned my full attention to him, still reaching out across the anomaly...I lashed out at him. It's hard to explain that feeling of reaching out across the vacuum of space. He began screaming a few seconds later while frothing at the mouth.

His ship began drifting. I made an attempt to reach out to him but he was as silent as the grave. I hurriedly towed his ship back to Ames, citing a medical emergency as I approached the station. They found he had died of an aneurysm--and a massive one at that.

[Crowley, so normally composed, stands and begins pacing back and forth in front of the recorder.]

Did I kill him? Did he die of natural causes? Is it merely circumstantial that he died right then?

[He pauses in front of the camera, staring into it for a few moments.]

What am I becoming?

[He pauses for a full minute.]

What have I become?

[The log abruptly ends.]

Crowley