Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »INTRNL: Revenant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: K-2-L-2A 'Leviathan'
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: XGXyakK.png]

Hey, you.

You didn't come back from that uh, trip.

Hoping nothing happened and that you're okay.

Anyway, I've put some field agents back in to action, and have taken over supervising sample collection for R&D while you're gone. I'm going to go over whatever is outstanding in the meantime, least until you come home.

Let me know what you need from me.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
identified: Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ozHP6dh.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Mhm.

CS invited me over to Tennstedt to talk about more sensitive matters... Considering your history between each other as well as Harbinger too, I could not invite you. Just incase an argument broke out. Or something much worse. He wouldn't have appreciated it anyhow.

I'm currently in Rheinland's experimental backyard, with the TRV-Scylax

I'm truly surprised you didn't kill me after the truth I told you. Your grudges flow deep.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...TRANSLATING DATA...

Please, you know I'd never do that.

I must've just missed you. I went to meet Lazurith, who was speaking to CS just the other day. You should've been there to see the little piece of wool I pulled over some Buro ship's eyes when we were spotted. You'd have laughed.

I must admit, I find it hard to believe.

There are many whom I had conflicts with. I don't remember any particular one that stood out, and many I was close to have either died, or I had made amends a long time ago. You even saw to it with a few yourself. You speak of grudges, but the only hatred I harbor are towards the enemies we share - that our people have to put up with. There's no one person who stands out, deserving of my ire. Even then, eight years - that's a long time for anybody to hold onto hatred. It serves us no purpose, in the end. Even them - The Nomads, I mean. You convinced me a long time ago to see things differently, and despite your alien pal's past history of trying to erase me and several other would-have-stayed-close-friends of mine off the face of the sector, it's you I trust.

So no, I don't hold any grudges.

... Barring certain annoyances that refuse to die. Who, you've already seen come back to haunt me.

Look,

I don't want you to think I am a risk to security, or relations. Nor do I wish to allow my presence to be a factor in deterring the construction of positive ties. There's still many at home who are only hearing of my reappearance by word of mouth from others. News is circulating. I'm going to keep maintaining efforts to get everyone on track, and return more of our people to the fold. If you feel you need me at any point, you know where to find me. I won't come knocking to disrupt your little gathering, so don't worry.

Just be safe, okay?

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...TRANSLATING DATA...

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

I apologise if I sounded crass in my thoughts regarding your feelings. No, I... know you wouldn't harm me. Ying and yang, white and black, hm? Never stopped us from having disagreements at the end of the day.

Heh. Don't think that you would fold any ties we had. You always knew I was haunted by chaos. Trouble always seems to trail me akin to a curse. But worry not, I will persevere, as I have thus far.

In the end, it is not me you need to convince, it is the rest of the Directorate. So far, they're pleased and convinced you're doing well, at least per my last private call to the Advisors.

I have pondered though. I had to live years without you. I had to adapt, become more flexible. What will you be like when you have to live years without me, should I not succeed in escaping the Vault...?

Oh. By the by, I had confirmation that we're still going in on that. I had hoped we did not need to but, I inquired with Harbinger during the meeting, he confirmed it. Still. I suppose we should make do with what we have, it might prove to be of great interest. It means I will still require Lazurith to be safe and sound.

I just - ...

I am unsure. The Sentinels are an inevitable problem, so I needn't worry about that getting worse. I find the... context regarding the Vault... Akin to a leap of faith. It could very well be a waste of time for both him and I.

We will just simply have to see.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...TRANSLATING DATA...

Oh, Saph...

Disagreements are one thing, but we always worked it out in the end. That's why we worked as well as we did together. While true, some things we had to do did concern me, I... Well, I don't regret any of it. All in service to a greater cause, after all. I knew exactly what I signed on for, the day after we had met face to face in Inverness all those years ago. As you said, you've survived this long - now the odds are shifting back in your favor.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop with that. This Vault business is going to be a difficult challenge. There are many powers at play, here. Don't worry, though. I'll ensure we're prepared. Lazurith, too. He's doing okay, by the way. I paired him with Crucible, who'll keep a good eye on him for me. Lazurith is showing them the ropes in the Omegas while they re-establish contact with the local groups out there. I'll let them know to lay low, and the status of what's to come.

Lest we forget, it was a leap of faith that led me to my inevitable doom. Chasing rumors of a great technological relic into the unknown? That's what we live for, my dear. These leaps, they're a necessary step for all of us. Each step you've had to take leading to this moment, was it not a similarly uncertain decision? Yet, here you are. Still persisting. Naturally, I wouldn't be me if I didn't have doubts about all of this - despite seeing things a little differently. Part of me worries this is still all some ploy, that you are being used.

Even so, I'd follow you anywhere.

As for your question?

I have already had to adapt since you brought me back. There is still much to learn. I may be out of touch and stumbling now, but I'm a quick learner. It won't take long for you to see that all the mistakes of the past have reshaped how I intend to approach the future.

I hope you'll be around to see, and will do all in my power to make that hope a reality for us both.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...TRANSLATING DATA...

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Indeed. Times will be challenging. But, there something of note I wish to elaborate on. I do not - and can not - want you to accompany me into the Vault. It will not be safe for mechanical life forms. I'll need someone to be back home to continue my... our ... legacy. You'll be there to watch over him.

Well. Much work to be done. But, all the more, I am glad for your assistance, as always. We'll also need to look into upgrading these encryption frequencies that you're using. Slightly outdated there, but workable.

The TRV-Scylax is moored up next to Tennstedt at this moment. I'll be in a meeting for now, but we will continue to observe the unfolding scenario here. Hopefully you're keeping Lazurith safe and calm? I have an unusual feeling about his connections. Too trusting of others, I think. I'm presuming Mikey has still been in the area?

I don't think it's a coincidence how he is shadowing wherever Laz has been. A small favour, I want you to gather a pair of extra eyes to remain vigilant, hm? I want us to be ready if we have to confront both the Order and the Nomads in the coming weeks.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...TRANSLATING DATA...

Rest assured that I've already taken steps to ensure Lazurith is in good hands. I've even got a backup team on standby, and Crucible has been teaching him survival skills. They're bonding, learning to trust each other. This was not done on a whim - I fully expect their developing bond to be crucial in Lazurith's growth and acceptance of our ways. Crucible will provide him with all the talents he feels he is lacking, and keep him out of harm's way. It'll create a personal investment for him. I had filled them both in on what you told me, and as I said - have them both laying low in the Omegas playing diplomat for the Technocracy.

The few strange people he keeps company with, he was forthcoming about their identities. Another Order agent came prying, the same one that shadowed us when we went to Honshu - Empress. Lazurith gave me their name. Adimari also probed me for intel on whether we can disable war forms, and may know a bit more of my history than intended due to a slip up from an old drone calling me 'Keeper'. The slip was corrected and the drone has since had its database updated, so that shouldn't happen again.

Though I don't much like the idea of not being more directly involved with you on the day you get that Vault open, I suppose I'm not being given a choice in the matter. I'm not letting you go in alone. If not me, then you'll have every possible troop I can muster to cover you. No way in hell am I risking your loss when we've only just reunited. We'll both take steps to ensure this operation goes as smoothly as possible. So, you'll have to put up with that, heh.

I'll be in touch, my dear. Going to try my luck at one of those 'arts and crafts' for the boy.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...TRANSLATING DATA...

Hey, pretty songbird.

Hope those talks are going swell. Miss you.

I recall you had put the word out to monitor potential infectee activity, so I figured I'd pass along these snapshot scans from one of my probes. Hope they'll be of use. Pulled from the Omicrons during a small skirmish with The Order. An Oder, The Einbeck and one of those funky alien types, working in tangent with the local war forms to engage an Order battlegroup in Delta. I've got the raw recording data, but here's the gist of what it saw.

By the way...

Caliban tried to kill Lazurith. I told him to avoid the Freeport, but as you'd expect - he did not listen. I brought him to stay with Aria while we figure out a plan, since every corner of the Sector he goes, the various elements involved in this plot eventually track him down and attempt to either influence or kill him.

Let me know how you think I should proceed, because frankly it seems this kid is trying to get himself killed at this rate.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...TRANSLATING DATA...

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Thank you for the scans, my faithful friend.

So it would seem my foresight capabilities have yet to fail my expectations.

But that was quite a sudden turn, wasn't it? What caused him to try to kill the person he claimed to care about so much? Mm. Expectation, perhaps. Desperation for him to not align with his own plans. Do you have any data recordings of this happening?

Well, I would expect you have some solid proposals on how to keep him safe. I can only recommend training. Perhaps we should all go on a practice sortie in due time, it would not do any harm to keep the training up... Afterall - we are fated to deal with some ... interesting times with that Vault.

Perhaps I can arrange a training session with Deterrence? We can put to them to test of their warrior lineage.

I need to attend another meeting. I will return within two weeks to accompany you all. So far, it has gone smoothly, the implants are holding up well.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
...TRANSLATING DATA...

Were I to hazard a guess based off of what Lazurith told me, I'd say one of two things; Caliban either wants Lazurith dead to sabotage your plans, making him the only key and putting all eyes on himself. Alternatively, some stupidly misguided attempt at half-assedly preparing Kris for what's coming. Training in this case only does so much for somebody so woefully oblivious to the dangers at hand.

We regrouped in Honshu after this while he calmed down. A Blood Dragon tried to kill Toxtai out of the blue right in front of the Prime Minister - who says you owe them a proper farewell next time, by the way.

Honestly, can I just have this guy killed? I know you're sentimental, but it would solve a lot of problems down the line and eliminate the potential for failure in the future. Training is all well and good - I am all for it, but this? This situation isn't going to end until all of the interlopers involved are dealt with. Being prepared for the onslaught will only take one so far.

I've other solutions to explore, too. Though, that's for another time. Loooook what I made!

The figure leaned off camera as some audible struggling sounds are heard. Suddenly, the loud rip of torn fabric. Stuffing from a toy spilled onto the floor.

Oh, shi-... Damn it. The little arm got stuck in my finger joint. Okay, I'll call you back.

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Pages: 1 2 3