Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Order Section 8.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ycSjFo7.gif]
(VIPER)
[Image: jdWjmoD.png]

Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts
Encrypted Video Transmission

.......● RECIPIENTS:.........Order Section 8
.......● CARBON COPY:....--
.......● SENDER:-..............VIPER
.......● LOCATION:............[SCRAMBLED]
.......● PRIORITY:..............█ █ █ █ █ █ █
.......● SUBJECT:..............Alien infestation

Good Afternoon:

As promised here's the evidence we've procured of the R.N.C-Einbeck.

It's very much still alive and well, along with the R.N.C-Schiller a Bismarck class warship.

[ EVIDENCE ]

Lichtenfelde Research Complex was originally created by the Military's R&D branch long ago, specifically, 757 A.S. Long before the MND or Order was founded.

If the aliens were capable of repurposing such an old and significant facility, it's worrying to me just how many vessels have been reconfigured there in the time I've not known of it's existence.

As for the specifics of both ships:

The R.N.C-Einbeck was commissioned by the Rheinland Military on January 3rd, 787 A.S. When the nomad infestation of Rheinland began in 797 A.S. the R.N.C-Einbeck was moored at the same shipyard that Edison Trent and Herr Von Claussen destroyed in 800 A.S. to be provided with "upgraded equipment". Common sense would indicate this is when the infection of the vessel took place. The ship took part in the Sigma campaign when the nomad war reached it's height in 800 A.S. Reports indicate it went as far as New Tokyo, and then reported missing after the conclusion of the nomad war.

The R.N.C-Schiller has a similar background, being commissioned in 790 A.S. and receiving "upgrades" before being sent to the Tau cluster at the beginning of the nomad war. The ship was reported "lost" after a failed attempt to ambush and kill Edison Trent in the Tau-29 system.

Both these warships pose a great threat to my home and have fooled several foreign intelligence organizations already. While the infection status of both is obvious, somehow people are still fooled into believing that my home is "infected at large".

I have evidence that largely indicates this "Division 7" group within Rheinland are infiltrators located in Lichtenfelde, while it's still not quite as certain as an admission of guilt - it's enough for me to take action.

My stance on the nomad infestation is a very black-and-white one you might say. I believe they should be wiped from existence whenever possible - and I intend to do just that. If you have any more evidence of infected vessels, alien movements or suspected alien hideouts - I would appreciate knowing such. In the instance of this, I can propose a truce between the BDM and Section 8.

From,

Direktor V

[Image: gC44zb5.png]
[Image: nr1x4OM.png]

Message End

[Image: iO7z9dm.png]
Section 8

Sender ID: Odysseus
Receiver ID: Viper
Encryption: Citadel

Re: Alien infestation

Director Viper,

my name is Odysseus. I am Section 8's communications director and will serve as your liaison.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the prompt delivery of information regarding the RNC Einbeck and the RNC Schiller. It is unfortunate that the former survived a recent engagement with the Order. However, it is in turn fortunate that - thanks to you - we are now more easily able to track its movements. As for the latter, it is most concerning that the infectees remain in possession of a warship of its size. While it may be outdated by modern standards, it will nonetheless pose a considerable threat to both the Order and Rheinland. Further and equally worrying, it indicates that the infectees possess the means of both crewing and maintaining vessels up to and including battleships.

As for Division 7: Section 8 remains largely ignorant of this compromised cell within the Marinenachrichtendienst. While one of our operatives has, as you know, encountered their vessels in your presence over Planet New Berlin, we do not possess any further information as to their origin, their modes of operation, their area of operations, their capabilities, and thus their threat level. Any information you can share with us on the matter will be of immense help in determining how Section 8 and the greater Order can counter this new threat and aid you in its extermination.

Apropos exterminating threats. As I am sure you well know, the Order shares your sentiments in regards to the Nomads and their thralls. As such Section 8 agrees to your proposal for a truce between itself and the Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts. Should it be deemed beneficial to the cause of eradicating common alien threats, Section 8 will put forward recommendations regarding expanded cooperation between the MND and our own parent organization.

In the mean time, Section 8 will continue to observe the Edge Worlds for signs of Division 7, the Einbeck, the Schiller, and other related activity, and advise other cells to follow suit. Any intelligence we gather will be shared with you on this or another secure channel.

Section 8 looks forward to a fruitful partnership.

In service to humanity,
Odysseus

(VIPER)

Good Afternoon:

Apparently this goes much much further than I originally anticipated. Here's my report to the rest of the Buro.

I'm Rheinland's head of intelligence and security from threats like this. While I have no desire to inject my forces across the sector to fight a conflict I'm not needed in or desire to be in, I would like to know as much as I need to keep the threat away from Rheinland. If you could provide some clarification on this, seeing as though you're all the experts, it would be much appreciated.

From,

Direktor V

Message End

Section 8

Director Viper,

It appears you have had an encounter with an exceedingly rare type of Nomad spaceform - the Simurgh-type observer. Even the Order has only acquired scant information on this particular form. Unlike other, more common Nomad warforms, the Simurgh-type observer appears to have been developed specifically for infiltration, observation, and coordination and thus possesses no observable offensive armament. Instead, it has been repeatedly observed appearing and disappearing again on a moment's notice (whether by means of some form of cloaking mechanism or by performing hyperspace jumps remains unknown) as well as shrouding itself in what is assumed to be a cloud of microparticulate matter, though no detailed analysis has been possible. Frankly, Director, the Simurgh-type form mostly remains a mystery to us.

As for the particular observer you seem to have encountered - codename ENTITY: This is the only confirmed Simurgh-type form known to the Order. Whether more exist is unknown. Entity is, as you have now come to observe, the host form for the Nomad Harbinger, one of the Slomon K'hara's greater minds. As such, it is an exceedingly dangerous creature. As Entity, it has been observed summoning lesser Nomad as well as - more disconcertingly - Sentinel warforms out of seemingly thin space. Given the contents of you linked report, I take it you are already familiar with the Sentinels and do not need to be briefed on the considerable danger they pose.

Harbinger is, as far as we know, the leading figure behind the Sentinel plot. To this end, it has conspired and likely continues to conspire with select human sympathizers, including the Technocrat Sapphire Raven, alias Revenant, and the former scientist turned mercenary Caliban, formerly Vincent Abrams. While previous attempts to advance their plans were thwarted by Section 8 and our allies, we believe that Harbinger's scheme continues.

As for the Nomad Shozak: Details regarding this creature are similarly sparse. While its host form has been observed on several occasions, its relatively small size has rendered it a low-priority target. However, given the data you have gathered, it, too, appears to be a member of the Slomon K'hara hierarchy's upper echelon. Whether it is a greater mind akin to Harbinger, or - given its smaller form - of a lower rank cannot yet be determined.

Regarding the Wild: It has been speculated that, following the shattering of the Slomon K'hara's shared consciousness at the end of the Colony Wars, the remaining infectees across Sirius - as far as they were not rooted out and eliminated by the Order or House intelligence services -, much like their Nomad masters, entered what can be described as a rampant, feral state. However, it seems that since then, much like how the Slomon K'hara mindshare appears to have greatly recovered, the infectees seem to have coalesced and reformed into an organized movement. But the years of separation from the mindshare and isolation in remote part of the Sirius sector may have led to the infectees' reorganization occurring distinctly from that of the Nomads, meaning that the reformed Slomon K'hara and "the Wild" are now two separate, distinct entities. While there is no doubt that they largely share the same goals - those being the conquest of the Sirius sector and eradication of humankind -, their intended means by which to accomplish these goals may differ, leading to conflict between the Nomads and the Wild.

Ultimately, the nature of the Nomads and the infectees makes it nigh impossible to come to any certain conclusions as to their relations to each other and amongst each other. Much of what we have ascertained over the years remains little more than speculation. However, the glimpses we have caught of the aliens' inner workings suggest that the Slomon Khara's hierarchy is far more fluid than initially postulated. We therefore do not believe that Harbinger commands ultimate authority over the Nomads. Rather, we believe that the upper echelon is made up of a number of greater minds, each pursuing its own goals independently of the others, meaning that the Slomon K'hara may not be as unified an entity as many might suggest based on an otherwise only rudimentary understanding of their shared consciousness.

I hope this overview will be of some use to you, Director.

In service to humanity,
Odysseus

(VIPER)

Good Afternoon:

I hope I didn't cause the worst security breach you've seen today, Captain Hawkins that is - it wasn't my intention to startle anyone.

With that said, I appreciate the perspective you've given me on this matter. I would appreciate it if you could help me with something else.

The group that calls themselves "Auxesia" is currently residing in Rheinland with a neutral diplomatic status. Their leader, Revenant, has been quite interested on the ins and outs of what is going on in Thuringia and the revelation of the Earhart system.

I struck a deal with an Order Agent: Empress a while back. (Read only link) I've been exchanging information to receive information on this group and its leader. I've heard it from Empress, Caliban, and several others that Revenant in particular is under infection to an extent. I'd like to know exactly what extent and the timeline of events leading to this. If I'm to present a case to the Rheinland Defense Ministry to remove them - I need all the proof I can get.

You can fill yourself in on the information in this communication channel between me and Empress. I am willing to divulge more within the scope of reason if necessary to finish off this timeline of events. Unless of course, you were willing to hand over such information gratis.

From,

Direktor V

Message End

Section 8

Director Viper,

Section 8 has worked together with Empress on several occasions in the past, including operations against Harbinger's plans for the Sentinels. Everything she has told you in regards to Revenant's collaboration with the aliens is true. As for Revenant's position within the Technocracy; while she is indeed a high ranking member, she is, as far as we know, not the organization's head. Whether her activities have the blessing of the Technocracy's leadership or whether she is acting independently is unknown to us.

Regarding her cooperation with Harbinger: Section 8 first suspected Revenant of conspiring with the Nomads some five years ago, during an incident in the Kepler system. Several strange stellar anomalies had formed not far from the local Zoner freeport and had started attracting considerable activity, both human and Nomad. After several months of observation and containment by Section 8 and our allies in the region, it became clear that these anomalies were related to the sudden appearance of the hitherto unknown Sentinels and that both Caliban - then Vincent Abrams - and Revenant were deeply involved in a plot of Harbinger's to release these into greater Sirius. Evidence of their direct involvement with Harbinger was collected and attempts to terminate them both carried out - all of which unfortunately failed. However, we succeeded in delaying their plans long enough for the dark matter storms to fully envelop the Kepler system and render it practically inaccessible.

Since then, Section 8 has turned its attention to other matters, observing only sporadic Sentinel activity - likely stragglers from previous incursions. Harbinger, in the form of Entity, has been spotted on several occasions across Sirius, though we were not able to determine its intentions. However, we now have reason to believe that Harbinger's plans continue and that Revenant remains involved, though concrete evidence of this has yet to be acquired.

What we do not know is whether Revenant has indeed been infected by the Nomads, or whether she has been indoctrinated into aiding Harbinger voluntarily. Ultimately, this is of little relevance. If she is indeed conspiring with the aliens, regardless of reason, she poses a threat to humanity and must be eliminated. Given that Revenant and an unknown number of associates both within and without the Technocracy have been and may continue to be involved in the Nomads' schemes, Section 8 strongly advises the Büro to reconsider the Technocracy's diplomatic status in Rheinland.

As for Caliban: Section 8 strongly advises not to place any trust in the mercenary. He, prior to Section 8's unsuccessful attempt on his life, willingly played a key role in Harbinger's plans. Since then, his already unstable mental state seems to have only further deteriorated. He is unreliable and untrustworthy.

Evidence of the above can be provided, given that the Büro divulges the exact scope of its involvement with Revenant and Caliban.

In service to humanity,
Odysseus

(VIPER)

Good Afternoon:

The scope of our involvement with Caliban is mostly limited to myself contracting him for special small assignments. I questioned him a bit before his "death" but since his resurgence, he's been eager to work with me. He was the one who informed me about Revenant's involvement with the Sentinels. You might have a set opinion on him, but my experiences with him have carried some significant value.

Revenant has posed as a friend for quite a long time, she originally began working with the Buro as the Rheinland Civil War erupted and has been involved in certain matters since. Previous Direktors informed her of some developments that have been kept classified from all other allies for "input" on uses. I have requested a few things from her, but nothing that would pose a security risk to the Buro or Rheinland - seeing as though I've not worked with her previously. She appeared to be trustworthy for a while, but based on what I'm being told now from friends and experts alike I'm beginning to take steps in the opposite direction.

I have received a few scans of different sentinel artifacts from her, but no physical copies. In return, I provided one outline scan of the Planet Gotha, which was already known to her. She was able to pitch the idea that Planet Gotha was linked to an artifact uncovered by the Buro a few months prior. How she knew about our possession of the artifact is unknown.

Currently, there's been a pause in communication for the reasons listed earlier, communication with Caliban is still as frequent as I need it to be.

From,

Direktor V

Message End

Section 8

Director Viper,

Attached to this message are files pertaining to Revenant's and the Technocracy's involvement with the Nomads. Access is read-only. We ask that you do not share any information found within with outside parties - particularly Revenant and Caliban.

In service to humanity,
Odysseus

(VIPER)

Good Afternoon:

I think this all but seals my conscience, I'll keep tabs on Caliban as required.

The question of Auxesia as a whole is still something I am working to answer. Revenant might likely be working for entities that would harm humanity as a whole, but I can derive from your previous statements that the rest of the group might not fall on board. Having an extra ear in other places can never hurt.

You should know that if this evidence points true then Revenant is likely using the Auxesian's technological... prowess... to design a new and very powerful weapon. I think we both might guess who it's for.

I know this because the Revenant specifically me asked to put the design into a working reality, my history in the Buro has been spearheading weapons development. Revenant knows this is my forte and therefore requested me to wrap up the design. I haven't begun doing so for the reasons we've discussed.

If you could keep that bit confidential, I'd appreciate it; and if you hear anything new about this weapon's design or usage and want a better understanding of what it might be capable of - please don't hesitate to contact me.

From,

Direktor V

Message End

Section 8

Director Viper,

How you choose to act on the intelligence we have provided concerning Revenant and the Technocracy is up to you. It is not Section 8's place to dictate the Büro's or Rheinland's diplomacy; all we intend to do is advise.

As for this weapons program, we would be very interested to know more about it. Any details you can reveal about it and Revenant's or other parties' involvement in it will be greatly appreciated.

In service to humanity,
Odysseus