Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Lane Hackers | From: BDM (CONFIDENTIAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: XQAwPe5.jpg]
(STINGER)
[Image: jdWjmoD.png]

Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts
Encrypted Video Transmission

.......● RECIPIENTS:.........Lane Hackers
.......● CARBON COPY:....--
.......● SENDER:-..............STINGER
.......● LOCATION:............[SCRAMBLED]
.......● PRIORITY:..............█ █ █ █ █ █
.......● SUBJECT:..............Alaska Investigations

Guten tag.

This is Hauptkommissar "Stinger". I would like to reach out to you for a very important undertaking.

You see, according to our Direktor "Viper", Liberty apparently has a monopoly on Earhart regarding natural access without the use of costly jump-drive technology. She mentions a "hypergate" within the Alaska system that is believed to provide a passage into Earhart. We do not want Liberty's government, nor its navy, to cause trouble to our operations there, particularly a group known as the "First Armada".

The deal is this. You shall provide detailed scans or footage of the Alaska hypergate. I will ensure a payment of 1,000,000 credits once the scans or footage have been published.

From,

Hauptkommissar "Stinger"

[Image: 7Q4j4kh.png]
[Image: nr1x4OM.png]

Message End

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Mr.Ling.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138b.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10i.png][Image: 20i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

Good evening,

I've been working on the project first put forth by Director V. I have a small stub of information I can give on that, which is that all that's gone down in Alaska is part of the Cold Lake project, which we kept tabs on back when Alberta was traversable, and that Alaska is an unhallowed fortress system. I've been working on methods to breach farther than that first checkpoint, but it's bad.

If you're content with the notably dated Cold Lake information, sure. A detailed scan of the current supergate requires breeching Alaska. I've got things in the works, but unless you have a jump drive that can fit on a Havok or a cruiser-sized investment, they're going to take a bit more time.

As for the First Fleet, I've got something on them. I've spent a bit of time hunting the few pilots that stray off alone. They've got no skill at all, half of them seem like they've never seen the inside of the cockpit until that moment, and the other half seem to be simulation veterans with no real experience. The whole "Armada" functions with failing to pass audits and accumulation of bodies to throw into the meat grinder. Rumor has it that that one admiral, Blake Wayne Van Leer, was court martialed, no-showed, and has been running around un-disappeared because of the sheer amount of people he can throw at the problem. Those guys aren't a threat to anything but the endurance of your trigger finger.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: wIFsCPq.gif]

User ID: xxxx ERR307:INVALIDID

Target ID:xx. STINGER

Subject:xxxx Alaska Investigations
xxxx
xxxx

What is uppp Stinger, Chloe here. I run with a diff circle than Ling here. And I just gotta ask:

You want us to get your golden goose for ya.

For 1 million credits.

Y'know, less than what a train full of cardi is worth.

Are you effin for reals my dude?

This is, y'know, sneaking into Alaska and snapping pics. It's no walk in the park. If we were gonna do that kinda thing we're gonna need a lot more than that. Some guarantees for one. Cuz yea, we're interested in Earhart too, our eggheads go wild when we get them dem exotic materials. So if we do this for ya, I think its only fair Rheinland leaves us alone when we're out there, yeah?

Also the Onest is full of chumps. Legit just letting any mouthbreather get behind the controls and call themselves an admiral, luh-maoo.

XOXO
Chloe~ ♡
(STINGER)

Guten tag.

Oh, that's quite surprising. But I should promise, the reward should now be 5 million credits.

Is that agreeable? I have my promises. You too as well.

From,

Hauptkommissar "Stinger"

Message End

xxxx
xxxx

Ugh, this is what I get for trying to be subtle. Fine, imma be blunt:

Creds are cheap. Simple. Easy to make, almost. Any script kiddie or dude with a gun can get 'em. We want perks. We want:

A) Rheinland Military and the Buro to leave us alone if they see us in Earhart

and

2- Ditto to turn a blind eye if we're hauling alien materials through Rheinland

Ya dig?

XOXO
Chloe~ ♡
(STINGER)

Guten tag.

So, I assume you are fine on your own. But let me make this one statement clear: The Direktor is not willing to allow your kind, or any outsider, access to Westerwald or the Thuringia system.

However, we can amend this: As long as your ships do not cross these areas, we shall leave you alone. Should the Military be alerted, we shall not intervene. As for Earhart, we shall allow your kind to do whatever you want, as long as you do not threaten our interests.

Should you agree, we are open to an avenue of collaboration, including the mutually beneficial development of cutting-edge technology shared between us.

From,

Hauptkommissar "Stinger"

Message End

xxxx
xxxx

Yuh, the girlies have decided, we're going through with the op. Start checking under your pillow for something shiny, yea?

When that's done our eggheads can talk to your eggheads, maybe they can, iunno, touch R&D databases or something, the pervs.

XOXO
Chloe~ ♡
(STINGER)

Guten tag.

Very well.

From,

Hauptkommissar "Stinger"

Message End

xxxx
xxxx

Alright! Well this was a project and a half. Never seen so many mines in my life, sheesh. My poor taxpayer creds...

Ok so here's the deets. First the obvious, the gate is BIG, like at least twice the size of a regular jump gate. It's got three free-floating stabilization rings and four structural beams, going by their shape they gotta be doing some funky current shaping too. Whole thing has no mechanical moving parts, at least not external ones. Also the power draw is w i l d, the ambient noise it generated made me sweat a little side-eyeing my cloak.

[Image: xmKVtOM.png]

Couldn't do much beyond a surface scan, going in deeper would be A- risky as hell and 2 - take longer than the cloak batteries would hold. Net security on that baby looked Tight with a capital T, like dancing between raindrops to not get wet kinda hard not to at least get tagged poking your head in. And with how close you have to be to do it, your head probably gonna get cut off too.

The underside of your pillow should be shining right about now. Don't forget your end of the deal now~

XOXO
Chloe~ ♡
(STINGER)

Guten tag.

Excellent work. You will find that your reward of 5,000,000 credits has been dispensed.

On another note, I have been spearheading a new project for a scanner, tentatively called "DETEKTIV". This will be mostly our own creation, though any input from your circle is most appreciated, as our Kommissariat strives to develop our latest cutting-edge technology. With me and the Direktor ensuring your terms will be upheld, it should be reasonable for us to assist you for whatever your R&D division has in mind.

I hope we won't be encountering any complications, ja?

From,

Hauptkommissar "Stinger"

Message End